Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's Boba or such a popular character you have to keep fingers crossed
that server doesn't crash and you get it.
BTW i love the idea of inclusive edition and hope to get some sw figures.

So if a figure that would have been an edition 1,500 now under the new system makes it to 3,000, will we see any reduction in the pricing? Or would that not reduce SST costs any to pass on to us?

foolkiller said:
So if a figure that would have been an edition 1,500 now under the new system makes it to 3,000, will we see any reduction in the pricing? Or would that not reduce SST costs any to pass on to us?

This program won't affect price points at all IMO.

At the end of the day, all I care is that I managed to get what I wanted and let others have their chance too after I'm done with my orders.

Fritz said:
Come to think of it, this isn't really anything new? It's pretty much the same as what they currently do when listing the edition size as TBA.
It is different, in that the "ES calculation window" will be announced when the item goes up for pre-order. So, even though the ES won't be known from day one, the point at which it will be announced will be known. Otherwise, you're right. It is very close to the current TBA method.

Maybe they can make 10,000 inclusive edition Vaders and only 500 regular, but give the regular version a special accessory available nowhere else!!

No, wait...

:monkey1

RoboDad said:
That's cool, as long as you understand that there are people who don't share that same point of view. :D

Did, I say anything about the other POV? I think there is more to collecting than the value of an item. The value is always nice but should be secondary to anyone collecting if you're collecting to actually enjoy the item.

jlcmsu said:
Did, I say anything about the other POV?
In this thread? No... (except, see below)

jlcmsu said:
I think there is more to collecting than the value of an item. The value is always nice but should be secondary to anyone collecting if you're collecting to actually enjoy the item.
As I said before, it's cool that you don't care about the value of what you collect. But think about how it sounds to people who do care about it, when you try to tell them what should or should not matter to them.

RoboDad said:
As I said before, it's cool that you don't care about the value of what you collect. But think about how it sounds to people who do care about it, when you try to tell them what should or should not matter to them.

That's my opinion on what should matter not fact. If folks take what I'm saying as I'm telling them then they read way too much or take what I say too much to heart. I have every right to say what I think should matter just like I don't take what some folks say about certain things to heart or that this is how I should feel.

I guess the thing that could become bothersome about this, as others have said, is that if over time the figures become worth less on the secondary market. I'll admit that much of my Sideshow collection has been purchased off eBay, and I usually pay 50% or less of the retail price. I have now changed my ways and started pre-ordering the crap out of the exclusive SW figures.

But if after a while it seems like I could even get the exclusives for a cheaper price I'll probably abandon the pre-ordering. So for me I really only value having the figure, but I want to buy it as cheaply as possible. However, I still think this is pretty unlikely to happen... it seems no matter how crappy or giant the edition size people will always pay a premium for SW merchandise, especially if its "exclusive", or in this case "inclusive".

I like the idea, but i am hoping that there will only be one version of the figure released then. no exclusive and regular editions. It would just be odd to have a lower edition for the regular figure. I like the fact the the figures i have so far will keep their value. I have no intention of ever selling my figures but i must say it sucks that my hasbro 12" figures are worth fractions (small fractions at that) of what i paid for them.

bronco1855 said:
I like the idea, but i am hoping that there will only be one version of the figure released then. no exclusive and regular editions. It would just be odd to have a lower edition for the regular figure. I like the fact the the figures i have so far will keep their value. I have no intention of ever selling my figures but i must say it sucks that my hasbro 12" figures are worth fractions (small fractions at that) of what i paid for them.

My car isn't worth what I paid for it anymore either but thats the way it goes with some things. I think this is a good idea and if scalpers get burned then too bad and if the secondary market happens to go down a little as well then thats the way it goes... not much you can do about it. I will be happy I got all the figures I wanted no matter what they are worth later.

I'd like to hear a retailer's standpoint on this decision, it would seem if anyone should have a gripe it would be them. I can't imagine much of a need at all for the regular figures now, and ironically if they are in less demand -- they could be the new exclusive! :lol

Great move for SS, they will make even more money on this line; bad news for the retailer.

EVILFACE said:
Yup, it's not exclusive if everyone has one. They still need to keep them somewhat limited.

Exclusive means it is only available from one source, Sideshow (well two if you count eBay). It would still be an exclusive if it didn't have a limited edition. Has it even been confirmed the inclusive edition will be used on the exclusive versions?

Buttmunch said:
Exclusive means it is only available from one source, Sideshow (well two if you count eBay). It would still be an exclusive if it didn't have a limited edition. Has it even been confirmed the inclusive edition will be used on the exclusive versions?

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet... which version (if there even are two versions) or the time window. Lots of guessing so far... guess we will have to wait until Thursday to be sure.

Buttmunch said:
Exclusive can have several meanings, depending on the context. It can mean "only available from one source," but it can also mean at least any of the following:

• Available first from one source, and then available later from other sources
  • Available only to a select individual or group, excluding all others
  • Available first to a select individual or group, and then later to others
Does the Inclusive program meet your definition? Yes, since it has been confirmed that the Inclusive edition will take the place of the exclusive, when it is used (and it also sounds like there will be no regular edition in those cases), so the only place to order those pieces will be from Sideshow.

Unfortunately, for people who like to think of their exclusives as being something that only a select few have the opportunity to own, then the Inclusive program doesn't fit the 'exclusive' definition quite as well.

madden821 said:
I don't think anything has been confirmed yet... which version (if there even are two versions) or the time window. Lots of guessing so far... guess we will have to wait until Thursday to be sure.
Actually, it has been confirmed (by Dusty) that when the Inclusive program is used for a piece, it will be exclusively orderable from Sideshow:

SideshowDusty said:
And yes, this has been introduced for items that you can only order from Sideshow - not regular edition items that you can buy in a store or from a distributor.

Back