Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoboDad said:
Actually, it has been confirmed (by Dusty) that when the Inclusive program is used for a piece, it will be exclusively orderable from Sideshow:

Ok, I missed that one... thanks. But we don't know how long the order window is yet so it could be 2 hours or 2 days.

jlcmsu said:
They haven't said yet.

I think a 24 hour period would be perfect. It would be short enough to keep the edition size from ballooning out of control, but it's long enough to give collectors worldwide time to order their figure. With a 24 hour window, people could call on their lunch breaks, and it wouldn't be a huge crunch at the exact same time like it is now.

Sideshow always gives ample notice of the pre-order date, so anyone who misses it (unless it's an emergency) has no excuse with a one day window.

You know what I really think they should do? Not release an ES for the inclusive edition. Let everyone guess like in the old days with the LOTR stuff. Some open editions are going for big bucks and no one really knows how many there are. Leave the order window open for x hours and not release an edition size. This way the value of the piece will be (originally at least) based on the merit of the piece itself. If fewer show up on ebay, the secondary market value will still climb.

There is a problem with the LOTR analogy, though. When those open edtion LOTR pieces were sold, Sideshow had not yet caught on with many LOTR collectors, so we know that the actual sales numbers for most of those pieces were quite low (and that is backed up by the very small number of any of them that have ever shown up on eBay). By contrast, Sideshow IS wildly popular now, PLUS the fact that the Inclusive line will be used on less expensive 12" figures, especially those from the Star Wars line. There is no way that the ES for any of the Star Wars Inclusive pieces will ever end up below 5,000. I'd be mildly surprised if any of them end up lower than 7,500.

Darth Rage said:
You know what I really think they should do? Not release an ES for the inclusive edition. Let everyone guess like in the old days with the LOTR stuff. Some open editions are going for big bucks and no one really knows how many there are. Leave the order window open for x hours and not release an edition size. This way the value of the piece will be (originally at least) based on the merit of the piece itself. If fewer show up on ebay, the secondary market value will still climb.

It's an interesting theory.

I like the whole inclusive idea for those extremely must have pieces ( we all know which ones those are) as long as there is no regular just the exclusive from SS. I know it will take a lot of stress off of us completists worrying about
how the hell we were going to get ----- or ----. Now we know we will get them as long as we order within a well established time frame. Chewie time!!!
:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

There's no point in doing an inclusive exclusive if there isn't ALSO a regular version. The inclusive will stop sales after so many days and then the regular will be available through SSC and dealers, just like it is now.

SKARY said:
I like the whole inclusive idea for those extremely must have pieces ( we all know which ones those are)

Just say what we're all thinking...

Boss Nass!!!
Dexter Jettster!!!
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian!!!
Fode & Beed, the Two-Headed Podrace Announcer!!!
Liam the Padawan!!!

tomandshell said:
Just say what we're all thinking...

Boss Nass!!!
Dexter Jettster!!!
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian!!!
Fode & Beed, the Two-Headed Podrace Announcer!!!
Liam the Padawan!!!
Don't forget Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt Naboo dignitaries for the army builders.

Khev said:
Don't forget Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt Naboo dignitaries for the army builders.

Or Tony Daniels out of the 3PO suit in the bar in AOTC.

The PPO stress ain't over yet! I hope that scalpers won't concentrate their attention on PPO characters now, BECAUSE of this Inclusive ordering. This would make it even harder to order a less popular SW character from Sideshow. You know how it is: when there is only limited supply, EVERYBODY wants it. A lot of us collectors won't be happy, if they miss out on the Leia exclusive, the Lando exclusive or the Wedge Antilles exclusive, assuming these will be PPO's of course. Anyhow, we'll be smarter after the next SW PPO. Inclusive ordering sure is one more reason for me to leave my pre-inclusive 12" figures IN their box.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
The PPO stress ain't over yet! I hope that scalpers won't concentrate their attention on PPO characters now, BECAUSE of this Inclusive ordering. This would make it even harder to order a less popular SW character from Sideshow. You know how it is: when there is only limited supply, EVERYBODY wants it. A lot of us collectors won't be happy, if they miss out on the Leia exclusive, the Lando exclusive or the Wedge Antilles exclusive, assuming these will be PPO's of course. Anyhow, we'll be smarter after the next SW PPO. Inclusive ordering sure is one more reason for me to leave my pre-inclusive 12" figures IN their box.

You have a great point. I think this is going to drive the value of the previous exclusive versions through the roof in time. It makes me want to get a regular version of them all and keep the exclusives in their boxes.

Yeah its kind of funny, if Sideshow announced that the next 12 inch figure would be an EU alien Jedi that was just Kit Fisto painted black with an edition size of 5,000 people would be "eh, no thanks," or "whatever that's cool but a little too random."

But if they announced that same figure with an edition size of 1,000 suddenly 6,000 people would be taking time off work and having their wives, mothers, kids, etc., logging on on different computers to try and snag one so they "wouldn't have any holes in their collection." :chew :taz :D

I like the idea of obscure or EU characters still having low ES so we can still have something to sweat and get excited about for half an hour on pre-order day. It really is an entirely unique thrill in and of itself with the joy of victory or agony of defeat but in the end it wouldn't *really* matter for most of us.

For instance if I were to collect the GG animated maquettes I'd be more inclined to pick up the ones that matched how characters looked in the movies (like Yoda, Anakin, Grievous, Leia/R2, etc.) just so I wouldn't have to explain who the girl in the random white parka and bald clown woman are among all the SW characters to everyone who visited our pad so missing out on Snow Padme and Assaj isn't a big deal.

That said I *will* be trying for SS' upcoming Arctic Padme but I wouldn't mind if it had a low ES to make it...interesting. :D

Last edited:
Yeah... I WAS going to open exclusive Kit... but not anylonger! :monkey2

So let me get this straight... there is no exclusive maul excessories right???

Thanks

creature4000 said:
Yeah... I WAS going to open exclusive Kit... but not anylonger! :monkey2
Hey look on the bright side, I am opening mine* so your MIB exclusive Kit will become just slightly more valuable still. :D

*assuming ebay prices don't blast through the roof shortly after it ships

FOR THE LOVE OF CROM AND ALL THINGS HOLY, YES! THE INCLUSIVE COMES WITH AN EXTRA ITEM ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH SIDESHOW.

I AM NOT SHOUTING I JUST CAN'T TYPE NORMAL WHEN MAUL IS THIS CLOSE!!!:maul :maul :maul :maul :maul

Back