Inception thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True it's not denim but it's got an interesting texture nothing in the 1/6 world embodies.

I'm back to the leather jacket look. Can't wait to see pics of that jacket. It looks dark and wanna wait to see what it looks like. I wonder if we can lighten it?

Yeah, I hope my jacket gets here soon! I'll post plenty of pics when it arrives. Hope I don't need to lighten it because I don't have the skill. :eek:

We're gonna have one beastly Cobb!

:rock :yess:

You got the head WITHOUT neck right?

Got all of my supplies today, and it all fits well, but now I've got a sewing project on my hands. All of the mother____ing buttons on the vest popped off while I was buttoning it up. But, at least I have something to do until the head gets here.

He looks like a hitman right now, because he has the Sotto head on him and no vest. Looks kinda awesome actually.

Random but remember when Leo used to look like this?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Growing-Pains-growing-pains-5073414-396-512.jpg

Got all of my supplies today, and it all fits well, but now I've got a sewing project on my hands. All of the mother____ing buttons on the vest popped off while I was buttoning it up. But, at least I have something to do until the head gets here.

He looks like a hitman right now, because he has the Sotto head on him and no vest. Looks kinda awesome actually.

Pics please! :D

I am taking deep breaths and counting to ten over and over again. You guys need to cut Daniel some slack. You are not commissioning these sculpts. You are buying copies of a sculpt he is doing out of the goodness of his heart for some collectors. I am not buying eithe rof these sculpts as I have no desire to either see the movie or own a Leonardo Di Crappio figure. He has already stated that he spent over twice his usual sculpting time on these heads. And that was mainly to keep the nit-pickers at bay. Daniel is a super talented artist and a really nice guy but if I was him I would throw both sculpts in the garbage and tell some of you to pay the money to commission these heads. Some of the guys in this thread sound like they have shelled out over $400 to have Daniel sculpt it for them instead of offering to buy a $30 cast when it is all done. Do the math. If Daniel can earn his fee by knocking out a sculpt in 12 to 15 hours then his is already losing money by spending twice that long on the Cobb and Arthur sculpts. Plus, on these sculpts there is no commissioner so he has to now sell twice as many of these sculpts as he would of his McClane sculpt (which he did in half the time it took to do these two). You are going to chase him away. I am obviously not as patient as he is because I would have walked away by now. I would sculpt the heads and cast them and sell them and I would have the final say. And I am just going by the posts in these threads. I am sure his PM box is full of idiotic rants about nose size and distance between eyes and other esoterica. By my count, we have exactly one (1), count 'em, one sculptor who is on these boards with any sort of regularity and availability and some people are driving him bananas with endless posts about noses and what not. He is obviously a gentleman because he didn't get angry and tell certain people where to go but you just have to read his post yesterday closely to tell how upset he was. And the most heinous offenders, instead of sincerely apologizing and admitting what a$$es they were, either remain completely silent (and I am thinking of the member who is selling his figures rather than put sub-standard heads on them) or patting Daniel on the head like an obedient dog for finally getting the F'ing nose right. It's crap.
I am all for getting the best head sculpts we can get but at the end of the day (say all you want about high-end collectibles) it's a toy, a doll, an action figure. You want absolute perfection pay Leonardo Di Caprio to come over and sit on a shelf in your den. But until you can swing that deal cut poor Daniel some slack.

08.13.08.mediator.meltdown.gif

How did you get your stuff so quick? Should i be getting worried? I haven't received anything yet. :(

I got a missed delivery notice today. So all my Arthur stuff is 'here'. I just have to wait until Friday to pick up the suit. :( oh, and pick up a body...

I need to print off everything and set it out in front of me to figure that all out (and to see how much this is costing me! :horror).

I'll try to update here tomorrow.

Think I missed my Arthurs suit today. :slap
Will have to pick it up now or get it redelivered. I better not get there and it's a pair of 1/6 socks. :lol

Dude, this DiD vest is awesome. I was trying to figure out how the heck to open the front and then I realized that it has honest to goodness real buttons! :google

Okay, I take it back. I hate these buttons! Thery're imposible to poke through! :cuss

Also. Has anyone else gotten their Stark Suit 2?

Mine is blue. :(

Those who got the whole DiD suit made the right choice. I got the vest on and it looks really sharp. Really clashes with the blue suit though. :(

Oh, and the stark shoes are pointy toed boots.

Okay, I take it back. I hate these buttons! Thery're imposible to poke through! :cuss

Also. Has anyone else gotten their Stark Suit 2?

Mine is blue. :(

Yeah, the real buttons are awesome and a huge pain in the ass all at the same time...

Uh oh... my Stark 2 suit is waiting to me at the Post Office. How blue is it? Like REALLY blue, or 'in a dark room with terrible lighting it will look black'-blue?

Those who got the whole DiD suit made the right choice. I got the vest on and it looks really sharp. Really clashes with the blue suit though. :(

Oh, and the stark shoes are pointy toed boots.

Do I smell a flood of the Stark 2 suits in the commerce section?

That what we get for rushing... Jumped on the next best thing and it didn't exactly work out.

I wonder if it'll take a dye job? I'm worried about the pin stripes though... :dunno

How's the fit Mag?

Back