INCEPTION Discussion Thread (***Spoilers!!!***)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one. Cobb was actually Andrew Ladis the whole time. ____er escaped and ended up in the Dream Squad.

Did anybody else love the part where the car was rolling down the hill and the two guys were fighting all over the wall. Very well done in my opnion.

He's also a magician with insomnia. :lol

Okay, the guy's a magician, suffering from short term memory loss caused by his insonmia, who dresses up like a bat for this show which involves going into peoples' dreams.

full_of_win.jpg

That's impossible. So the dream is within a dream, within a dream within a dream , within a dream , within a dream?

Did anybody else love the part where the car was rolling down the hill and the two guys were fighting all over the wall. Very well done in my opnion.

I don't remember that part. Guess I'll have to see it again.

Actually, I had a big goofy smile on my face during that entire sequence.

Ok got back from the second viewing and there are still certain concepts i am still not grasping :slap

Please dont shoot me down if what i ask is dumb, i am trying :(

I will just ask what comes into my head for now

I am still not understanding how Cobb and Saito get from Limbo through 5 layers to the plane by simply killing themselves, do they still not have to come through the layers like everybody else?

And why does Leo wash up on the shore of his own limbo creation when he finds Saito :cuckoo:

I am still not understanding how Cobb and Saito get from Limbo through 5 layers to the plane by simply killing themselves, do they still not have to come through the layers like everybody else?

After everything I've read, this is still probably my #1 question.

Actually, the allegory of a film crew is not that insane at all, especially when you consider DiCaprio mentioning that he based his portrayal of Cobb on Nolan himself... and then him comparing it to Fellini's 8 1/2 (which is essentially an autobiography of Fellini and his filmmaking process). I think Devin may just have peeled back the secret layer of the onion.

It's funny that it's mentioned like that, because I notice that Nolan is always wearing a collared shirt with a sport coat. He's always dressing fancy, he's got that classic style. . . which is kind of one of Leo's trademarks as well.

I'm not sure that I buy that Nolan consciously set out to make a film that's an allegory for the film-making process. Of course, I've never really bought into that whole "allegorical" thing anyways. I've always been in the "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" camp.

Yes. If they kill themselves in limbo, they wake up. Only thing about limbo is, you can easily forget it's a dream because you're in there for so long.

Ok got back from the second viewing and there are still certain concepts i am still not grasping :slap

Please dont shoot me down if what i ask is dumb, i am trying :(

I will just ask what comes into my head for now

And why does Leo wash up on the shore of his own limbo creation when he finds Saito :cuckoo:

I have not got the answer to why Cobb washes up on the shore, but it seems that in this scene he has lost his memory only to start remembering it while he is with Saito. They start realising they are in a dream, thus they become lucid dreamers. They realise that to escape Limbo they have to shoot themselves which will pull them all the way up to the plane, because they had a kick in all the other levels. Remember Limbo runs at an exceptionally slow speed in time compared to the other realities. I think that is why Cobb is young and Saito is old, because Saito entered Limbo at an earlier stage of the dream when he died, plus when he entered Limbo he was not aware he was dreaming so he started ageing straight away.

My head hurts

Ok so when your in limbo the normal rules dont apply? You skip all layers of dreaming and you return straight to reality?

Also why is Leo found swept up in his own limbo creation, surely he would just be travelling this space for Saito and not washed up, thats baffling me

I have not got the answer to why Cobb washes up on the shore, but it seems that in this scene he has lost his memory only to start remembering it while he is with Saito. They start realising they are in a dream, thus they become lucid dreamers. They realise that to escape Limbo they have to shoot themselves which will pull them all the way up to the plane, because they had a kick in all the other levels. Remember Limbo runs at an exceptionally slow speed in time compared to the other realities. I think that is why Cobb is young and Saito is old, because Saito entered Limbo at an earlier stage of the dream when he died, plus when he entered Limbo he was not aware he was dreaming so he started ageing straight away.

My head hurts

He was stabbed by Mal. Remember? He died.

I don't remember that part. Guess I'll have to see it again.

Actually, I had a big goofy smile on my face during that entire sequence.

:exactly: Me too. Couldn't stop smiling for sheer awesomeness!

My head hurts

Thanks mate that totally makes sense, i am still wondering if thats the answer to him being washed up, i think there is something more to it but my brain will not stretch that far :slap

You explanation of Limbo is spot on though thanks alot buddy :clap

So a kick is just a way to return without killing yourself in the dream (really only useful for sedated dreams?) and since the sedation wore off in the "real world" and they knew the results of their suicide in limbo would simply mean waking up in the "real world" all was well?

Back