InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1ymu9e.gif

I'll say what I said before.

Magnet bases don't fix ****** posing. If anything, they encourage it. I don't think that's the next thing we need, rather we just need clear acrylic rods with the little crotch scoop.

But if they insist on keeping it, what should change is that the entire base needs to be metal lined and the feet can then tag anywhere on it.

That being said, it's a small thing in a otherwise next-level looking figure.

This looks great. I actually really enjoy both my Asmus Crown Gandalfs (especially with the new upgraded Grey head), but I will be proud to add this guy to the shelves, too. (And I'm REALLY looking forward to Aragorn. That sculpt is bananas.)

Here's a question for you ... Since the early days, every couple of years a company puts out a figure or series of figures that causes a stir and results in a leap forward in the hobby generally -- sculpting, hairing, painting, eye poseability, LEDs, etc. Is this one of those figures? (I think this one - along with Aragorn - just might be.) And what do you think the next technological leap will be? Rooted hair for short-haired characters? Better ways of hiding of joints - especially wrists? Something we haven't even thought of?
Well, not for me. And it may be nitpicking.
Just watching the vid for me, being a costume junkie, I'd still say ASMUS beats this in material choice - both with fabric, details, seaming, and volume of fabric. In spite of the hat thing.😁
I thought the hat here, and robe, looked surprisingly cheap and unfinished.

On the other hand the sculpt and hair volume look stellar, wish I had a light up staff. The book is nice.

If I had to say the next technology leap, I'd say silicon or other bodies with free range of motion that don't need to be powdered or whatever, don't split, but aren't killing the environment in manufacture.
And maybe one day there can be a machine that punches hair as opposed to doing hair punching by hand.

Anyway congrats to those getting this in; I see more ASMUS Aragorns on sale; I am keeping mine but I am not 100% on the Aragorn sculpt either. Close, but not 100%. But you never know until it's in hand.

Also, the 3 tiers to the artbox is a nice space saver at least in overall volume. I know this isn't a two pack like Joker, but I think this goes to show that InArt have learned from it and can do a better packaging design than what they did with the Joker 2 pack.

Last edited:
Thanks @Bigbreda for the review :clap

Really, really excited about finally getting this figure!

And now I am off to prep for the hurricane coming tonight.

What part of Florida are you located in? I'm on the central east coast so not much to worry about, but ive been keeping a VERY close eye on this storm.

i still think body choice that inart made can be improved. but that's coming from hot toy bodies. its very slim since they seem insistent in using this worldbox style of body, but i would very much like if they included butterfly joints so the shoulders/arms can be raised or lowered like normal HT bodies.

so far from recent pictures, it looks like no wonky eyes but we'll see as time goes on and people start abusing the joystick.

only critiques i really have are the body choices not being so modular like HTs, metal sheet or magnets not covering the entire base, and the eyes being separate sticks. other than that, looks like a good release to me. tops everything that came before, customs included i might add into the mix

Back