InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it needs more time and patience to make it look good on a figure. And there is always Asmus hat, which is decent for the scale.
I really agree with this no doubt they are amateurs no futzing etc. Gutted they are still using a single stick give us 2 separate eyes!

Other than that looks incredible can't wait to futz this.

Screenshot_20230829_110406.jpg

Wow the sculpt looks killer. Great improvement in the eyes from Joker. Only negatives I could find in that video is the lack of hand sleeves and maybe the base being the same.

Although I’ve haven’t had a single problem with my Joker base for months now. Would just be a nice QOL change if they would expand the magnet somehow. Wonder if it’s even a feedback that they’ve heard about since it’s been less than a handful of people with fallen Jokers not placed properly.

Excited to get him in. Gonna water treat his beard so that it falls downwards more. Should be more straight and neat in that area.

Another figure that raises a bar higher from InArt.
I am also glad they really listened to the customer feedback. There was only Asmus that did it before, and these guys are really improving their figures before the release. Hope for the best with their Aragorn.
And this updated figure converted me into supporting this figure as the ultimate Gandalf in 1/6 for now (and I suppose the next 5-10 years).

INCREDIBLE!

The hands in particular really blew me away -- even has the 'moon' in the fingernails. Details are crazy good. Hair and beard look excellent. I couldn't be more happy about this release.

I can't believe they actually added a glowing gemstone. That is insane!

I think the only problems people will have is the lack of thumb holes for the inner sleeves, the lack of writing on the pants (already known), and perhaps no weathering on the shoes.

I like the hat but, like Breda, I doubt I would ever subject the hair to wearing the hat. Good excuse for a 2nd figure.

Looks really really good! Blown away by the details especially in hands! The sculpt amazing much like joker I think once in hand people will be even more blown away by details.

My only gripes are

1 - No wire in the brim of the hat
2- Those dam magnets make the whole thing magnetic!
3 - no sleeve for hand to go through.

I do have a very easy solution for the magnet get a round flat metal stand and hide under base and just use a waist/crotch grabber for extra support.

Last edited:
Truly incredible. I really thought when we all ordered these last year that there would be no way the figure would ever turn out looking so good. InArt is really doing a stellar job meeting most of our expectations.
uh oh, Magnetgate making a return! Get ready for everyone who doesn't set their figure up correctly to start complaining their Gandalf took a tumble
As someone who completely missed out on all of that, was there ever an established “correct” way to set the figure up so this doesn’t happen?

Truly incredible. I really thought when we all ordered these last year that there would be no way the figure would ever turn out looking so good. InArt is really doing a stellar job meeting most of our expectations.

As someone who completely missed out on all of that, was there ever an established “correct” way to set the figure up so this doesn’t happen?

People were just putting their Jokers on the base without making sure the feet sat perfectly flat, due to the curved nature of the shoes if there's any wobble the magnets will react weirdly to the pull and make the figure fall, that's why EVERY "Joker fell" post that ive seen has fallen forward.

Back