InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered on 12 january from kid,do you know when the first pre-order date was?

Neither. A personal prediction.

It’s the kind of stuff they used to do with Enterbay. If production Gandalf is a triumph after all the prototype praise for Aragorn, it’s going to give InArt a huge goodwill boost.

Hot Toys can’t have that.
Pretty sure H. C will use whatever power/costs to avoid IA touching license in America

This is what they do best, hold all licenses but just release ironmans
When they see INART having a good time with the LOTR license:

giphy.gif

I for some reason don’t see Hot Toys going for The Lord of the Rings. Maybe I’m wrong but just doesn’t seem like a brand they’d go after.

Them doing a new Ledger wasn’t unexpected. I half expected that from them before InArt came along anyways as they’ve been redoing a lot of characters from the Nolan trilogy and it seemed natural.

Pretty sure H. C will use whatever power/costs to avoid IA touching license in America

This is what they do best, hold all licenses but just release ironmans
Do you feel that Howard will try and prevent IA from getting the license in America for something like DC? I can't imagine he would ever allow InArt to get a license on Marvel or Star Wars since those are his money makers. But, since IA and HT both have a DC license I could see Howard getting petty.

I can't imagine Howard going after something like the LOTR or Harry Potter license though, and therefore I can't imagine he would try and block them from the States on that one?

Do you feel that Howard will try and prevent IA from getting the license in America for something like DC? I can't imagine he would ever allow InArt to get a license on Marvel or Star Wars since those are his money makers. But, since IA and HT both have a DC license I could see Howard getting petty.

I can't imagine Howard going after something like the LOTR or Harry Potter license though, and therefore I can't imagine he would try and block them from the States on that one?

In an interview Many moons ago Chan expressed disapproval or objection of studios being loose/lax with licensing their IPs to OTHER 1/6 manufacturers.

My resentment for them hadn’t formed yet and even then I was like “wow…that’s kind of a ****ish approach to making toys.”

If IA’s sales numbers for those respective IP’s are super good, I would NOT put it past Chan to set in motion some shenanigans to try and minimize IA’s worldwide exposure. He really is a petty man.

Let's face it Howard is Disney's B**tch hot toys ain't what it used to be. For a very long time the hobby has been utterly stale because of the lack of non Disney Ip's.

3rd party has been the torch up until Inart came about. Howard's lazy and gotten sloppy with his company for me last straw was Doc brown reused sculpt and cardboard accessories!! That cost me the same or close too Aragon rooted, that speaks volumes. Inart are the future if they carry on what they're doing, hot toys can carry on milking ironman while other companies strive to deliver something different.

I for some reason don’t see Hot Toys going for The Lord of the Rings. Maybe I’m wrong but just doesn’t seem like a brand they’d go after.

Them doing a new Ledger wasn’t unexpected. I half expected that from them before InArt came along anyways as they’ve been redoing a lot of characters from the Nolan trilogy and it seemed natural.
Agreed. They have had 20+ years to do LOTR and never happened. I was always told high fantasy doesn't sell in Eastern Countries and Chan isn't a fan. Only reason they would want the license now is to hold it so InArt can't do anything with it. They would maybe produce one figure from the franchise and that would be it. Hell, that or just tease it like that did with the Aliens Ripley and never release. Hope that won't be the case.

Definitely, DC Marvel Star Wars they won't let anyone touch these

Back