InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with most of you. I don't collect for resell value and I'm happy for everyone who can have a nice collection on his shelf to look at without much cost.

Just imagine someone coming in to the hobby this year and his favourite movie is Nolans Batman.
When they find out: Batman and Joker? Sorry, figures were made 2014 and long sold out. You can get them for 1000 on ebay/secendary market

I agree, rereleases of exactly the same set is not great, rather make twists and some new things/expressions.
I think the best way to do it is rerelease beloved chars over and over and in addition make some special versions with real leather or copper diecast outfits that will be limited and only sold once.

This would be a perfect 10/10 figure if they changed the beard. The waviness of the hair, puffiness, and overall shape are off to me. I wonder how amenable it would be to customization.

Attachments

• gandalfbeard.png
    gandalfbeard.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
This would be a perfect 10/10 figure if they changed the beard. The waviness of the hair, puffiness, and overall shape are off to me. I wonder how amenable it would be to customization.
It should be fairly easy to get that look with some patience. There was a guy who ended up making his InArt TDK Joker hair look a little like that b/c he combed/brushed all the product out of the hair, taking out the wavy/greasy look and then tried to pass it off as a defect. So it should be possible to do with gandalf.

Last edited:
We’re all at the mercy of the shape and texture of the stock lamb’s wool that is installed for the head sculpt we each individually get. We can style it, though. Wet it, comb it, use hair gel, etc.

My Asmus GtG has mostly straight hair which is screen accurate, but with the InArt figure if I get a head sculpt that uses naturally curly lamb’s wool I’ll be very pleased. The curly beard looks amazing, because it picks up highlights, creates more visual interest, etc. It’s an embellishment from the pure movie realism, yes. And I’ll be happy if I get that.

As much love as their Joker got, I seriously feel Gandalf will end up being the new benchmark. Also feel this figure is going to create a whole new host of LOTR fans.

I would be very surprised, didn't it take awhile for their Jokers to go out?

Either way, I'm not ready for it lol, paying off my truck at the beginning of September and that's gonna be a hit 😅

Gotta remember that Joker sold alot more than Gandalf, factoring X 3 versions so that's alot or hairing etc. Exciting news!

Kit got his jokers very quick after Inart started shipping so I'd probably say end of month/September.

Anyone know legit sellers who have open preorders for this guy? I know some of these guys are pretty sketchy. Since I got joker I'm thinking I want to get the lotr guys from inart.

Anyone know legit sellers who have open preorders for this guy? I know some of these guys are pretty sketchy. Since I got joker I'm thinking I want to get the lotr guys from inart.
Pop collectibles is better than TWL but not great, id wait for Kit.
Agreed, Kit will have people cancel and will have some open stock just like Joker. I would be surprised if there is any trouble finding some available upon release.

Haha, I’m probably in the very last batch, got in on the last round of preorders June 19th. But that’s good in my case because I’m not opening it until Christmas Day.

Bro! Didn’t you get the memo?? Apparently the day this figure arrives on your doorstep IS Christmas Day! So…ahem…you’re good man! 😉

Haha, I’m probably in the very last batch, got in on the last round of preorders June 19th. But that’s good in my case because I’m not opening it until Christmas Day.

Always prudent to at least quickly check it out for any missing or damaged parts so that you can request replacement parts or a complete figure, while still available.

Back