InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always prudent to at least quickly check it out for any missing or damaged parts so that you can request replacement parts or a complete figure, while still available.

That’s true, and i definitely appreciate the advice, good looking out for a fellow collector.

I dunno though. Thinking about this issue of the prospect of there being a problem with the figure…. At the risk of jinxing myself by saying this… but about 40 figures into the hobby, I’ve never once had a defect.

The closest I’ve come is Toys Battalion Martian Manhunter the lights for eyes seeming not to work. But that’s only because they didn’t provide any instructions for the batteries. And once I put the correct batteries in it worked fine. Even then Toys Battalion sent me a replacement head sculpt (months after the figure arrived).

I’ve concluded that it’s a risk I’m willing to take. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm probably in the later batch, but that is no problem for me. I'm far far more excited for Aragorn (where I ordered very early). Gandalf is just for competeness sake and I already have a Asmus one which is still very good.

But I will be excited to see first in hand pics of Gandalf here

How come? Gift to yourself?

Thats some willpower!

Yeah, gift to myself for sure. Since I started this hobby Christmas Day loses a bit of it’s specialness unless I’ve got a 1/6 figure that I’m genuinely somewhat enthusiastic to open under the tree!

This will be my personal grail piece for me. Have a detolf shelf just for him, but seriously considering getting one of those individual collector cases with the turntable and LED lighting built in.

Wiring a turntable for the display would be sick. Ideally on/off should be remote controlled. Maybe just for a featured figure, right? I guess if one did that for all one’s figures in a detolf it might be a bit much.

I would be happy to be in the second batch or later.
In some cases, problems of the first batch get fixed later based on first user experience.
Exactly. My Joker was a later batch and I had zero QC issues with mine.

Ordered mine day 1 but not overly fussed if I get a later batch. My only QC issue with joker was the hand had a small hole other than that incredible and that was 1st batch of rooted.

Very excited to have more inart in my display.

I never imagined an old man who probably doesn't bathe very often would excite me like this.
Nothing surprises me much these days in 2023..well except that InArt Aragorn and also the fact that the LOTR trilogy Marathon will be shown tomorrow from 10am Aussie time before the Women's Soccer Semi final at 8pm!!!

IMG_9196.jpeg
IMG_9197.jpeg
IMG_9198.jpeg
IMG_9199.jpeg

Back