InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets not forget that Inart has the license for the Fellowship of the Ring as of now, so any other character not appearing in the first movie is out of the question.
I agree that its not urgent to release Gimli but as it was mentioned, once we (or at least most people) will see the Inart version, we will come to realize that so many things has been improved upon that many will cave and again many who didnt even have a chance of owning an Asmus one because of the only 1500 run will happily buy it.

As we can see now in the cases of Aragorn and Gandalf people love them because they are terrific.
I wont depart from my Asmus version in any case as it really does stand out from the current figures.

But then again I am only interested in a very few selected characters from a few franchises so for me its not a big deal to pay $500 2-4 times a year as opposed to someone who has many more interests than that and has many more on PO every year.

Inart priced their figures at this range and as we can see there is interest and willingness to have this quality at this price range.
They can easily sell 2-3 times the amount than what Asmus produced. I really do hope they make a Boromir, Gimli, Frodo and Sam.

well this thread sure devolved from being about Aragorn
🙂

twfUfUR.gif

Anyone else who prefers the standard version over the premium?

In the end I went with the standard version because I prefer sculpted hair for Aragorn and while the extra accessories are cool, I wouldn't really have any use for them and they'd probably stay in the box.

Anyone else who prefers the standard version over the premium?

In the end I went with the standard version because I prefer sculpted hair for Aragorn and while the extra accessories are cool, I wouldn't really have any use for them and they'd probably stay in the box.
No.

Honestly, I'm probably just throwing mine out when the InArt one comes in. I can't even be bothered to take the time to try and sell it.
While I'm sure this is in jest...

There apparently is a fairly significant amount of people who throw away any accessories they don't use, which is one of it not the most insane things in this hobby I've ever encountered.

Whens my credit card getting wacked for the full amount??

It's took something special to make me order a full figure for the first time in years.

Anybody catch Justin's tour of InArt's office before he had to take it down and edit out the WIP stuff? Pretty sure I saw the outfit for Legolas being worked on. Exciting but if the outfit is still in progress, we might be waiting a bit for it.

Anybody catch Justin's tour of InArt's office before he had to take it down and edit out the WIP stuff? Pretty sure I saw the outfit for Legolas being worked on. Exciting but if the outfit is still in progress, we might be waiting a bit for it.

Oh man, wish I saw that. I wonder what other gems were hidden in that video?

Honestly, I'm probably just throwing mine out when the InArt one comes in. I can't even be bothered to take the time to try and sell it.
This is why I don't buy figures with the expectation of selling for a profit or even breaking even. Too often there are either reissues or a better version comes along. I have the original and Crown GTGs (as welll as the upgrade head sculpt). I also have the InArt coming. I'll eventually sell the Asmus figures for whatever I can, although I may hold on to the Crown+Upgrade depending on how it compares to the InArt.

Same with Aragorn. I have the Asmus with a repainted and rehaired portrait (which looks fantastic) and the InArt coming. I'll see how the two compare and either sell one or keep both.

I am waiting to see if InArt produces Legolas as I skipped Asmus's 2nd attempt. I'm also curious to see if InArt produces Gimili or any/all of the Fellowship Hobbits or if the threat of that possibility lights a fire under Asmus to upgrade those portraits. In those cases, I'd probably opt for $125-$150 upgrades over $300+ InArts.

Asmus has done a good job of creating a pretty prolific 1/6 LotR line. While there are certainly more characters they can add (such as Lurtz, Denathor, Eowyn in gown, Wormtongue, cursed Theoden, Battle Trolls and Sauron) I think they'd be very smart to offer upgraded portraits (such as Saruman, Galadriel, Hobbits), and accessories (like hobbit armors, half Treebeard base). I'm not interested in characters outside of the movies and would only pick up a handful of figures from The Hobbit, if any.

I'm mostly done with 1/6 LotR, so at this point it's primarily about getting the best looking representations I can.

Oh man, wish I saw that. I wonder what other gems were hidden in that video?
Of the top of my head they had a root Wanda, Unpainted Lucius Fox, Ras Al-Ghul, Bane from TDKR.

Caveat, someone mentioned that they recognized most of them as works from other artist that they were probably practicing painting techniques and such. Nothing else jumps out as something that would indicate future work. Legolas was the only thing I remember that fit the bill. It was his standard outfit halfway sewn.

Back