InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish i was in US 😅 . Japan, Aus and US seem to be the only place I get charged customs. I'm fine in Europe it seems and China, probably bought almost a thousand things there and haven't been charged once lol.
I'm in the UK and I get charged customs 9 times out of 10.

Not always. I’ve received two figures from Popcultcha over the past year here in the US, and never had a customs charge.
US resident hardly, if ever get charged custom fees for stuff like this. We’re thankfully nearly exempt from this. Nearly all other international collectors have to deal with it though if they don’t buy from somewhere that declares it a lower value. The only thing we have to worry about is if there’s a random customs check and they open your item (usually if it’s a big item like what happened to someone with InArt Joker 2 pack or someone’s JND item), where it could potentially get broken due to their carelessness.

For US imports from Australia it’s not about getting lucky… very different than the UK and most of the EU. There’s some value set for when import fees actually start to apply, but I think any orders under $2000USD or something ridiculous are completely exempt from import/duty fees. It might even be higher than that!

Edit: Actually, unless some specific circumstances apply, there might not even be any fees, regardless of value, for individual consumer purchases as of last year.
https://www.cbp.gov/trade/free-trade-agreements/australia
Yeah both my purchases last year were over $300. Neither got hit with import fees. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I paid import fees from any country to the US. I'm totally ignorant of what the rules are though.

For U.S. buyers with Gundamit experience, I have a few questions, and sorry if some sound obvious. The reward points you get from purchases, they don't actually go into effect until the product is shipped out, correct? I am deciding if I should pay full price or just give the deposit. If the points don't go into effect until product ships out, then I will pay deposit. I'm also trying to decide if I should upgrade to premium now, or wait until I pay the full later, especially since the deposit is only $3, and premium is an additional $10, it wouldn't make sense to pay it. I do intend to get other Inart figures from them, but we don't know when they will be up for preorder. Or if I would be able to use points from, say, this if it hadn't shipped out yet. Also I assume the $3 coupon for new members wouldn't pertain here. Thank you for any input.

For U.S. buyers with Gundamit experience, I have a few questions, and sorry if some sound obvious. The reward points you get from purchases, they don't actually go into effect until the product is shipped out, correct? I am deciding if I should pay full price or just give the deposit. If the points don't go into effect until product ships out, then I will pay deposit. I'm also trying to decide if I should upgrade to premium now, or wait until I pay the full later, especially since the deposit is only $3, and premium is an additional $10, it wouldn't make sense to pay it. I do intend to get other Inart figures from them, but we don't know when they will be up for preorder. Or if I would be able to use points from, say, this if it hadn't shipped out yet. Also I assume the $3 coupon for new members wouldn't pertain here. Thank you for any input.
I always pre-order with just the deposit so unfortunately, I don’t know the answer, so take the next bit as assumption rather than fact. I always get my reward points for my deposits immediately, so I would assume it would be the same if you paid in full as well. However, if you were to cancel, I’m not sure how the refund would work with the points. It could be that if you used the points on something else, then that amount would be deducted from your refund. If you haven’t used the points, they would probably just remove them from your account.

They are pretty responsive though so you can always send them an email with these questions to hopefully get more concrete answers.

Last edited:
IMG_3618.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg
IMG_3620.jpeg

Ive bought from Popcultcha in the past and have never been charged customs.
Was it worth getting the item given the price of the shipping? Once you added the shipping wasn’t it about the same as getting dick from OSK or some other retailers that offered free shipping?

Was it worth getting the item given the price of the shipping? Once you added the shipping wasn’t it about the same as getting it from OSK or some other retailers that offered free shipping?

As long as you don't get hit by a customs charge, it should be plenty cheap enough to offset any shipping.

I believe it's currently about $290 USD plus shipping (it's free for local/domestic shipping). So, unless you think shipping is going to be over a hundred dollars, I think it'll be cheaper from Popcultcha. Others have already said that the quoted shipping wasn't anywhere near that amount.

Frankly the only thing that's a question, is how fast or slow will Popcultcha receive their allotment.

Last edited:
Back