InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m thinking the same thing, but how would they achieve that?

Just like the Batman, Aragorn updates, they will for sure update this figure.

Thats why I feel we are more critical towards Inart because they actually take feedback. The only way hot toys changes something if it we bully their comment feed just like what happened with their 2099 Spider-Man. Look at their doc oc, no changes at all because they were lazy.

A company that takes their craft seriously and is open to feedback is always a plus. Only negative is that not everyone will be happy with the changes. Just like the Spider-Man 2099 figure, surprisingly many people liked the open joint one.

The next Superman update a couple months from now will be amazing. I heard they use custom bodies when they do it so the changes shouldn’t be the most difficult.

Only thing is how they tackle the suit shine, what material would be best?
To get more undersuit shine, it might be more of a question of making the blue suit material less dense, i.e letting more bling through.

They've got the Hot Toys figures to strip down and check on. Surely it's possible to replicate. Hell they're probably using the same material supplier.

Anyone can make this pictures to measure Cavill's size and proprotion... Particularly that last picture i posted where he's hanging by wire.. the silluet and proportions is there to see. Someone need to send this to InArt team.
2f90d0bad4c2d84c3801ddad47fb812f.jpg
15e7rck.jpg
90d1b3680b93cb15b8f5221a4337fd72.jpg
henry-cavill-hangs-in-the-air-in-superman-costume-01.jpg

Put in a preorder with OneSixthKit last night. None of the figures I've ordered there have come out yet so I still can't speak of their service with personal experience. I still don't know if I'll get hit with customs. Most of my BBTS orders now get charged regardless of how low the declared value.

Last edited:
View attachment 665048
I'll be honest, I thought there was something bothering about the headsculpt, it wasn't the actual headsculpt, it was the neck. He looks to have a more baby face with the thin neck, but 95% of Cavill pictures has his neck wider and a tad bit taller.

Here is the revision after the neck.
I wouldn't change anything about the headsculpt, but hopefully they make a neck change because it changes quite a lot from this simple edit.
Please someone send this to InArt

Oh nononono please dont bring back THE HOT TOYS FOOTBALL SHOULDER PADS AAAAAAAAAA
It's obviously very easy to over and undersize these things. I think most customers would prefer over to under considering the character. Probably how HT Superman ended up the way he did.

Last edited:
Put in a preorder with OneSixthKit last night. None of the figures I've ordered there have come out yet so I still can't speak of their service with personal experience. I still don't know if I'll get hit with customs. Most of my BBTS orders now get charged regardless of how low the declared value.

Inart Joker was my first order from Kit.
I didn't get hit with customs (Germany).
Just FYI :giggle:

Screenshot 2023-09-27 124959.jpg

Thank you Inart for taking into account our feedback. I was pretty happy with the first reveal but now seeing it side by side its much better.
I'd say its a 9.5/10 now but still room for improvement, I know nothing can be perfect but I hope production will be as good as the prototype which I'm sure it will be with their recent releases.

I don't know first hand as I'm not in Europe, but based on what I've seen on this board OneSixthKit, Giantoy, and KGHobby are good places for Europeans to order from. Of course, you may want to verify if they ship to your location.
I ordered from Onesixthkit, but you can pay only in us dollar, and 389 $ are 375€

If you order from kghobby you can pay in hk dollar, and 3010 hkd are 370€. If you pay all immediataly 2960 hkd are 360€.

Not much difference but 15€ less

One way to really step up the realism with these skin-tight superhero costumed characters would be to use/create bodies with seamless joints so you don’t get any of that bunching or visible gappage showing through.

For most characters, the body wouldn’t need to replicate flesh at all- as it would be completely covered- so they could get away with using something purely designed to mask the joints and endure frequent posing.

Superman would require a hybrid body comprised of solid panels of chrome/silver musculature, over a metal skeleton, wrapped in silicone with cut outs to let the muscles show through.
It may end up doubling the current cost due to RnD but that would level out over time if this technology was embraced.

The problem with standard bodies is that we will always be able to see the thigh/groin gap and elbow and knee joint construction through tight suits.

I think the answer for the suit would be to do what the customizers do. They paint the muscle definition and shine onto the suit directly.
After a lot of playing about with painting bodies and dying suits this year, this definitely isn't the right way to go. It simply won't look as good IMO. The shine of the actual suit material, sure, but the muscles that are supposed to show underneath, no.
It can be done with the right material. It's not like it's a statue and it's the only way. The chrome can be shown through the right material so do that.

Tbf fair maybe I haven't seen a really good one that looks right. Happy to be proved wrong.

I don't know if anyone notice but the screen printed chainmail texture was mixed with the raised accents, so I think that need to be revised also... Here's a couple things i noticed that can be improved because let's be honest, Superman accessories is HIS SUIT. and should be attended in super laser accuracy.
InArt revision-01.jpg

Batman v superman is a masterpiece. Change my mind.
Nope. Too overbloated with exposition, not enough action pieces prior to Batman in the warehouse other than the Batmobile chase. It did have some intelligent thoughts within (James Gunn seems like he wants to explore the "Gods and Monsters" theme...go figure). Lex Luthor was a dud. He was nothing more than a maniacal Millennial dot.commer. He acted more like Marvel Comics' Arcade.

Back