InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No such thing as perfection. There is however, such thing as BLATENT inaccuracy. This release isn't above it. All I'm saying.

I am not here to blow my load over this figure because quite frankly, it isn't in any way whatsoever deserving of it.

Am I satisfied with it? No. Not even a little bit.

Is it worth buying at its current state? Nope. Not at $400. Not in my opinion.

Do I dislike it? Absolutely not. It's the best we've gotten. It isn't good enough tho.
What are some figures you are satisfied with?

Yeah I think saying this is a 2.0 for Hot Toys is completely ignoring the fact that HT already did JL Superman twice.

While the suit color was different from BvS Superman, the overall weird proportions were never fixed.

So HT had 3x chances to fix and provide a better physique but never took it.

Now we have InArt to save the day
To be clear, I wasn't saying this looks equivalent to HT later attempts at Cavill Superman like the more or less rehashed BVS figure they put out for JL and ZSJL releases. The InArt is clearly better. It's obvious that my wording is maybe off as my meaning seems to either be getting lost or misconstrued. I will try it this way.

To me, this looks like if HT really put the effort in with their A-game. However, like many HT figures, it still looks like a figure rather than the more realistic, that's a real life person shrunk down to 1/6 take that other InArt figures look to have.

This is why I said that the InArt looks more like a "true 2.0 if HT actually tried" in my post. Meaning, if HT actually tried putting all their efforts into a newer, better proportioned body and updated headsculpt to make it a true 2.0, and not just a rehashed previous figure with updated paint apps as they did with their JL releases.

I've never denied HT laziness in their later Cavill Superman releases and completely understand that HT has had two chances to fix the physique, not three. Everyone complained that the MOS was too tall and didn't have the silver under the suit, so HT fixed that on the BvS version while also attempting a more accurate physique for that movie. The original HT BVS was, for the most part, considered quite the upgrade from the MoS at the time where ppl were willing to spend more on that when it sold out than the InArt's MSRP. I sold my custom BvS Sups for almost $1k pre-pandemic which wasn't that long ago. It wasn't until after some time passed did the HT bvs body and headsculpt start getting criticized more and more, especially with the JL and ZSJL releases.

Pre-ordered with OSK. Thank you for the $10 off coupon.

To me, InArt quality has a standard by being able to suspend my belief, for even a moment, and feel as if I'm looking at a photo of the actor themselves. This Superman achieves that.

He doesn't have the benefit of Gandalf's aging lines, long hair, or great big bushy beard. Aragorn's long hair or 5 o'clock shadow. Batman's hair covering up part of his face and his smeared eye makeup. Harry Potter's hair covering his forehead and glasses. Superman's sculpt is a pure clean cut look and InArt did a great job with it.

Put me in the camp that’s flabbergasted by the “meh figure’ takes in here.

I suppose it’s not all that surprising as everyone’s eyes see things differently and what one individual may find attractive, another may not. Like who here doesn’t have that friend or two that has said “oh god, you find her/him attractive?? What’s wrong with you?!”-and vice versa.

Like I find Gal Gadot to be goddess tier beautiful. There’s always that one person that thinks she’s “mid” and considers Kate Beckinsale more beautiful. So who’s right or wrong here? 😅

Not dropping any names or calling anyone out specifically cuz I want to remain cool with everyone…

some that have said this Cavillman isn’t all that great whilst saying some other figure I consider ‘mid’ to be amazing…just goes to show how vast the difference is in how we perceive things.

However I am soooo happy to see how cordial we all are with one another. This is definitely a ‘golden era’ within the collecting community. Good lord the stupidity that took place here a few years ago.

Anyway, those that are down on this figure, it’s cool. Gotta respect that. Not gonna let their opinion affect mine. It’s phenomenal in my eyes.

THAT BEING SAID…

YOU GUYS ARE ****ING CRAZY THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU GET GLASSES YOU NEANDERTHALS! ITS NOT MID YOU’RE MID GTFO HERE LOSERS

🤪

Love ya guys 😄

Thanks for this. I knew it when I saw it, but didn't have time to grab this direct comparison. Why is it so hard to get some meat into these boys
(that, doesn't sound quite right). This doesn't give me hope we'll see the Beastfleck later. :/

The sculpt is also not perfect, but it's as best as we've gotten.

Was about to preorder, but now giving it a pause.

This is what I'm saying, body proportions aren't accurate. Henry's photo is from Jakks Pacific photoshoot where they scanned Trinity bodies for the merchandise. View attachment 664758

I wanted to comment on this:

IMG_1143.jpeg

So the one on the top right costs roughly the same as buying a used car with 15,000 miles on it at an auction, right? A car that can provide transportation to get groceries, pick up the family, go upstate to rent an AirBnB or use it to travel cross country to see the world.

Ok…

And somewhere in this picture is another 1/6 Cavillman that costs roughly 3K…as in two trips to China, where you can theoretically visit a toy shop, buy InArts Cavillman and get it before even OSK, GT and GDI receives their stock and flex it here to us heathens. With money to spare to visit the Great Wall and eat Peking Duck.

…..

Ok I’m convinced that whoever purchased the 10k Cavillman is either one of the following:

-Post Malone
-a crazy billionaire

If it’s just a regular person that purchased that…nothing will tell me otherwise that person isn’t a sociopath or a narcissist 😂😂

Like…how?? Why?? It’s…whu…huh??

I know I’m being hypocritical by being so vocal about that, as I don’t care how a collector should collect. It’s their money.

But holy hell, TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS….FOR THAT???!!

The bottom left is actually pretty good. But the top right one? I mean. It’s not ‘BAD’…but…wow. I don’t even know what to say.

If there was a movement to denounce and boycott InArt’s Superman….yo, that purchaser would DEFINITELY be on the front lines. Hell i wouldn’t put it past him to orchestrate the whole thing.

Bloody hell…

And I ain’t even British.

EDIT-I didn’t even comment on the bottom rights Man of Blue Steel.

It’s like…my guy, it’s time to put the meth down…

Put me in the camp that’s flabbergasted by the “meh figure’ takes in here.

I suppose it’s not all that surprising as everyone’s eyes see things differently and what one individual may find attractive, another may not. Like who here doesn’t have that friend or two that has said “oh god, you find her/him attractive?? What’s wrong with you?!”-and vice versa.

Like I find Gal Gadot to be goddess tier beautiful. There’s always that one person that thinks she’s “mid” and considers Kate Beckinsale more beautiful. So who’s right or wrong here? 😅

Not dropping any names or calling anyone out specifically cuz I want to remain cool with everyone…

some that have said this Cavillman isn’t all that great whilst saying some other figure I consider ‘mid’ to be amazing…just goes to show how vast the difference is in how we perceive things.

However I am soooo happy to see how cordial we all are with one another. This is definitely a ‘golden era’ within the collecting community. Good lord the stupidity that took place here a few years ago.

Anyway, those that are down on this figure, it’s cool. Gotta respect that. Not gonna let their opinion affect mine. It’s phenomenal in my eyes.

THAT BEING SAID…

YOU GUYS ARE ****ING CRAZY THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU GET GLASSES YOU NEANDERTHALS! ITS NOT MID YOU’RE MID GTFO HERE LOSERS

🤪

Love ya guys 😄

They can't stand how glorious the Cavill sculpt is. They're secretly looking at it like this:

GIF by Giphy QA

I wanted to comment on this:

View attachment 664796

So the one on the top right costs roughly the same as buying a used car with 15,000 miles on it at an auction, right? A car that can provide transportation to get groceries, pick up the family, go upstate to rent an AirBnB or use it to travel cross country to see the world.

Ok…

And somewhere in this picture is another 1/6 Cavillman that costs roughly 3K…as in two trips to China, where you can theoretically visit a toy shop, buy InArts Cavillman and get it before even OSK, GT and GDI receives their stock and flex it here to us heathens. With money to spare to visit the Great Wall and eat Peking Duck.

…..

Ok I’m convinced that whoever purchased the 10k Cavillman is either one of the following:

-Post Malone
-a crazy billionaire

If it’s just a regular person that purchased that…nothing will tell me otherwise that person isn’t a sociopath or a narcissist 😂😂

Like…how?? Why?? It’s…whu…huh??

I know I’m being hypocritical by being so vocal about that, as I don’t care how a collector should collect. It’s their money.

But holy hell, TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS….FOR THAT???!!

The bottom left is actually pretty good. But the top right one? I mean. It’s not ‘BAD’…but…wow. I don’t even know what to say.

If there was a movement to denounce and boycott InArt’s Superman….yo, that purchaser would DEFINITELY be on the front lines. Hell i wouldn’t put it past him to orchestrate the whole thing.

Bloody hell…

And I ain’t even British.

EDIT-I didn’t even comment on the bottom rights Man of Blue Steel.

It’s like…my guy, it’s time to put the meth down…
No sculpt will ever be 100% but to mass produce something and make it better than 3rd parties thrice its price is so so impressive.

When I saw the JND for the first time, I was so disappointed. That’s when I realized to not be as hyped when they’re doing 1/6, because they can’t even nail a 1:3 statue.

Also, the Jaxon sculpt is close but looks more like a third party inart than the actor itself. But still better than JND..

Where did you find out the details of exactly how it will be done ? I originally asked for it during their open improvement questions on FB, and I'm an engineer too. So glad they did it like that !

edit : that'll teach me not to read until the end of the thread. Updated pics on FB.

Perfect implementation imo. No hole.

View attachment 664760
I was wondering how that worked. Sure beats a suit-crushing black claw.

They can't stand how glorious the Cavill sculpt is. They're secretly looking at it like this:

GIF by Giphy QA

All joking aside, I do respect their opinion…as mind bogglingly wrong as it is (seriously j/k guys 😝).

In my post above with regards to the 10k could’vegoneintohomerenovations Cavillman…that portrait is proof on how starved we were for a good Cavillman headsculpt…evidently someone was malnourished, but it goes to show how badly HT botched it with their figures.

this isn’t a situation that “we’re starved” for a good Cavillman and would essentially eat up whatever IA serves us.

Refer to this pic again:

IMG_1143.jpeg

In terms of likeness…I don’t know what else they could’ve done to the neutral portrait. Of all four in this photo, you can’t deny that IA has THE BEST resemblance to Henry. Expression wise, I guueessss I can see the criticisms? But that’s how he looked 80% of the time. I wouldn’t say no to a sterner expression…but that’s what the heat vision portrait is for. I mean if people wanted that scowl in the nightmare sequence…it’s like-“dude, he was being controlled by Darkseid. Superman shouldn’t look angry ALL the time”

I’m definitely scratching my head with comments like “its a little better than HT. But it’s still off.”

With all due respect to those with that opinion…how in the 7 hells is IA’s portrait “a little better”??

Like…have you seen that sculpt recently??

We have HUNDREDS of Joker portraits. Some are on par with IA’s and some are considered better.

but to this date, I personally haven’t seen a Cavill sculpt that has come close to what IA has cooked up. And it was revised in short time to boot!

I do respect others opinions…but I’d be lying if I said their opinions didn’t blow my mind 😅

There’s a reason why Jason’s is considered the best amongst the 3rd party/custom headsculpts whereas the other 2 are not received as favorably. The ones on the right have an angry expression…which doesn’t really reflect Cavill’s portrayal of Superman. The likeness’ are there. But they’re off.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. As the old reliable saying goes: just agree to disagree.

No sculpt will ever be 100% but to mass produce something and make it better than 3rd parties thrice its price is so so impressive.

When I saw the JND for the first time, I was so disappointed. That’s when I realized to not be as hyped when they’re doing 1/6, because they can’t even nail a 1:3 statue.

Also, the Jaxon sculpt is close but looks more like a third party inart than the actor itself. But still better than JND..

I’ve heard so much talk about JND entering the 1/6 market…

Yeah…I dunno about that…

Not getting much confidence with that Superman of theirs.

How we settled with this for so long is beyond me, doesn't even look like Cavill

View attachment 664803

Nah dude. I checked out a long time ago. I skipped their JL and ZSJL version like 3rd period math. The moment I saw that recasted statue portrait of Cavillman over at OSK, I PO’d that bastard with the only quickness. It wasn’t bad, but was TONS better than…whatever the hell THAT is.

I’ve heard so much talk about JND entering the 1/6 market…

Yeah…I dunno about that…

Not getting much confidence with that Superman of theirs.
Everyone has their opinion, but I also stand towards how this is the best 1/6 Cavill sculpt to date🤣 I’m willing to debate anyone who disagrees in a fun and respectful manner.

Whenever I glance the actor, then back to the 4 different sculpts, there’s no debate for me that the Inart reached that level of accuracy. While it’s not Aragorn wow type of release. They stand consistent towards being the best and trying to set a crazy standard for 1:6 collecting.
How we settled with this for so long is beyond me, doesn't even look like Cavill

View attachment 664803
I always thought the nose was wrong especially the eyes. They look too far apart 🤣

Nah dude. I checked out a long time ago. I skipped their JL and ZSJL version like 3rd period math. The moment I saw that recasted statue portrait of Cavillman over at OSK, I PO’d that bastard with the only quickness. It wasn’t bad, but was TONS better than…whatever the hell THAT is.

I would've skipped all together but needed Knightmare Batman, so was forced to get Black Suit Supes lol.

I'm considering maybe trying to find a parted out InArt body and swapping the black suit onto that, and displaying the second headsculpt on that figure, but I may just sell it off as is.

Back