InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you always say this. Weeks for now, you'll convert with a post that says something to the effect of: I don't know what I was thinking... does anywhere still have this for PO?

Just curious, which Superman figure is so close to this InArt?

That's fair. To each their own of course.

The only Cavill Superman figure I've seen throughout the years has been Hot Toys offering and with this looking leagues above their multiple attempts at him, at least to me, this looks amazing. Not saying it's perfect, none of these figures ever are but It's stand out for sure.

2ca160d15263b9bb5e8810993084e9ba.png

M7f68sy.png
Hey, HT will always get the same treatment from me as they always have.

Without the likeness - I will not buy this.

Why I don't own a great many of their products that I wanted to own, but just can't. Not without the likeness.

Like, you HT collectors will NEVER get a accurate Obi-Wan. And that is ruff, yo. I hate knowing that.

Mike, you always say this. Weeks for now, you'll convert with a post that says something to the effect of: I don't know what I was thinking... does anywhere still have this for PO?
:lol I did with Pattinson and luckily that was given a second chance. Gandalf is the other InArt I regret passing on now..

Superman I’ve never fully been on board with. I like Cavill but the movies he’s in are a mixed bag.

To each their own but I’m amazed people aren’t seeing the likeness here. Incredible to me.

View attachment 664754
This is by far the best Cavill Facesculpt I have ever seen, and this is why I preordered despite not being the biggest BVS fan. But look at the other face sculpts, they're very close but not as good..

1. Inart for me is the superior one, take a glance of the reference then one of the sculpts, inart screams Cavill from the face shape, hairline and eyes.
2. Vcollectibles is a close second for me, different expression but also this is the very expensive sculpt.
3. Jaxon's has the eyes off, and possibly the hairline, but 3rd place
4. JND is just horrendous, looks nothing like the character but yet again another stylistic interpretation of what they want Superman to look like.

IMG_4661.jpeg

You can't please everyone I guess. Still plenty of time for them to make tweaks before release but I'm already wowed by this figure.

Personally I think it's better than Joker. Don't know anything about LOTR or Pennywise so won't even attempt to judge those.

This is what I'm saying, body proportions aren't accurate. Henry's photo is from Jakks Pacific photoshoot where they scanned Trinity bodies for the merchandise. View attachment 664758
The real issue is trying to turn Hollywood magic into something that shows off that same level of "wow" into figure form. That goes for sculpt, to suit, to body proportions.

It all comes together at the end and the result is exceptionally difficult to recreate, from what I gather.

You can't please everyone I guess. Still plenty of time for them to make tweaks before release but I'm already wowed by this figure.

Personally I think it's better than Joker. Don't know anything about LOTR or Pennywise so won't even attempt to judge those.

If Aragorn comes out as good as it currently looks (and judging by previous releases it will be darn close) that will be their best release to date I would say.

This is by far the best Cavill Facesculpt I have ever seen, and this is why I preordered despite not being the biggest BVS fan. But look at the other face sculpts, they're very close but not as good..

1. Inart for me is the superior one, take a glance of the reference then one of the sculpts, inart screams Cavill from the face shape, hairline and eyes.
2. Vcollectibles is a close second for me, different expression but also this is the very expensive sculpt.
3. Jaxon's has the eyes off, and possibly the hairline, but 3rd place
4. JND is just horrendous, looks nothing like the character but yet again another stylistic interpretation of what they want Superman to look like.

View attachment 664759

JND Superman looks like JND Battinsons cousin

If Aragorn comes out as good as it currently looks (and judging by previous releases it will be darn close) that will be their best release to date I would say.

If Aragorn comes out looking as good as the proto its going to be the greatest mass produced 1/6 figure of all time without a doubt, that goes for sculpted and rooted.

Hell, even with the production downgrade he'll probably still hold that title.

The real issue is trying to turn Hollywood magic into something that shows off that same level of "wow" into figure form. That goes for sculpt, to suit, to body proportions.

It all comes together at the end and the result is exceptionally difficult to recreate, from what I gather.
Figure looks great and I preordered multiples, but there is a room it to become 100% perfect. Like Aragorn. Who is 100% perfect imo.

Why are they mad?

1. With no waist grabber it wouldn’t damage the fabric overtime
2. You can zip it up so you can hide the hole placement
3. It’s simple and subtle which is great

The only thing that could be concerning could be the stability and how it can hold the weight of the figure, but I’m sure it would do fine.

This is literally the best engineering idea for the flight pole imo. 90% of the time you’re not even gonna see the hole because of the cape lol.
Where did you find out the details of exactly how it will be done ? I originally asked for it during their open improvement questions on FB, and I'm an engineer too. So glad they did it like that !

edit : that'll teach me not to read until the end of the thread. Updated pics on FB.

Perfect implementation imo. No hole.

382475788_289426213870539_1994024127960987129_n.jpg

Last edited:
To each their own but I’m amazed people aren’t seeing the likeness here. Incredible to me.

View attachment 664754
Ppl need their eyes checked lol, this is the best Cavil likeness I've seen and especially for the price point. Much better than that 3k sculpt that was shown earlier today.

Back