InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know how the eye controls are accessed for this?

I know Joker had the removable back panel. Does Gandalf have that? Or it is just accessed through the neck socket?
Back panel for Gandalf same as Jokor. This probably looks like neck socket, I can't see a seem on his back.

Well, you asked...

There's plenty of issues here. For one, the neutral expression was a terrible idea if for no other reason than they simply (haven't yet) captured it correctly imo.

The likeness is there, but that isn't any neutral expression the man gives IRL nor in any of the films. Which is blatenly obvious and is simply inaccurate, truth be told. At least in my eyes.

The entire figure rests on the shoulders of the likeness based on whatever expression they sculpt. Without it, it's not a stand out offering. It's close but we aren't interested in close, are we?

We already knew he would be included with much, so without a 99.8‰ accurate sculpt, it's just another 1/6 Cavill Superman offering to me. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure it'll be updated between now and release and I look forward to seeing those updates.

It's just OK. But I am absolutely not impressed, as it currently stands. Just my opinion.
Wait so wait are the other "plenty" of issues? I mean other than the expression?

To each their own but I’m amazed people aren’t seeing the likeness here. Incredible to me.

IMG_1489.png

Well, you asked...

There's plenty of issues here. For one, the neutral expression was a terrible idea if for no other reason than they simply (haven't yet) captured it correctly imo.

The likeness is there, but that isn't any neutral expression the man gives IRL nor in any of the films. Which is blatenly obvious and is simply inaccurate, truth be told. At least in my eyes.

The entire figure rests on the shoulders of the likeness based on whatever expression they sculpt. Without it, it's not a stand out offering. It's close but we aren't interested in close, are we?

We already knew he wouldn't be included with much, so without a 99.8‰ accurate sculpt, it's just another 1/6 Cavill Superman offering to me. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure it'll be updated between now and release and I look forward to seeing those updates.

It's just OK. But I am absolutely not impressed, as it currently stands. Just my opinion.
The neutral and angry sculpts are upper tier headsculpts. Fact not opinion.

Dammit.

I reviewed the PO page…

Q3 2024???

Ah maaaaan. Viper said they’re gonna streamline their manufacturing process which will lead to shorter turn around times…

I’m hoping the release date is to give them enough leeway in case something fails, with the goal of releasing this in Q2.

Just got my Superman at SugoToys. I had $10 in rewards points there. Overall it’s a pretty good deal. I paid $335.07 shipped, with a payment plan that will have me paying $78 today and $73 a month over 6 months.

Wait so wait are the other "plenty" of issues? I mean other than the expression?
Just saw this, sorry for the late reply.

My other issues are the proportions. Muscle structure looks lanky and not that, dare I say, nearly perfect fitted costume (with padding, we know) that fit to Cavill's physique.

This figure (currently) is the polar opposite of HT in that department. The middle ground is what I'd personally prefer. More muscle. He looks very... Slim.

The price is $50-$75 too high. Again, just my opinion.

The wack ass "go to hell" curl is meme worthy. Don't include this. I'll definitely meme it. It looks ridiculous and doesn't mesh well with sculpted hair. I'll die on that hill.

The angry face sculpt is bleh. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it. Aside from seeing that expression in the film, I'm not interested in it on any figure. Ever. I'll sell it off, with haste.

That's about it. Nothing too major. But enough for me to consider. But that's just me.

I don't think anyone is denying the likeness, or saying that it doesnt look like Cavill.
My opinion is, quite simply, this isn't a particularly exciting looking figure, nice by all means, good even - but I dont have that same level of "HOLY CARP!" excitement as I did for the rooted Aragorn, Harry Potter, Joker, Gandalf, Pennywise and Batman - I dont feel the urge to obsessively look at the pictures and feel my excitement grow the longer I look at it, this is just a nice figure I can appreciate - it doesn't light that insane collector urge we all know and share.
In that respect its more like their Bruce Wayne and what I've seen of their Paul Atreides so far - really nice figures, but not blowing me away.

InArt Superman definitely doesn't like squats. :monkey4 While I absolutely love the figure (except glued on curl) more I look skinnier he gets. Idk I think
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
he needs to be somehow slightly thicker.

I don't think anyone is denying the likeness, or saying that it doesnt look like Cavill.
My opinion is, quite simply, this isn't a particularly exciting looking figure, nice by all means, good even - but I dont have that same level of "HOLY CARP!" excitement as I did for the rooted Aragorn, Harry Potter, Joker, Gandalf, Pennywise and Batman - I dont feel the urge to obsessively look at the pictures and feel my excitement grow the longer I look at it, this is just a nice figure I can appreciate - it doesn't light that insane collector urge we all know and share.
In that respect its more like their Bruce Wayne and what I've seen of their Paul Atreides so far - really nice figures, but not blowing me away.
Yeah have to agree. This basically just feels like a more refined version of the multiple HT Cavills we've been seeing for years. And the suit almost looks like a carbon copy.

It's still totally worth getting, but there's not really enough here to get super excited for.

Just saw this, sorry for the late reply.

My other issues are the proportions. Muscle structure looks lanky and not that, dare I say, nearly perfect fitted costume (with padding, we know) that fit to Cavill's physique.

This figure (currently) is the polar opposite of HT in that department. The middle ground is what I'd personally prefer. More muscle. He looks very... Slim.

The price is $50-$75 too high. Again, just my opinion.

The wack ass "go to hell" curl is meme worthy. Don't include this. I'll definitely meme it. It looks ridiculous and doesn't mesh well with sculpted hair. I'll die on that hill.

The angry face sculpt is bleh. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it. Aside from seeing that expression in the film, I'm not interested in it on any figure. Ever. I'll sell it off, with haste.

That's about it. Nothing too major. But enough for me to consider. But that's just me.
That's fair. To each their own of course.

The only Cavill Superman figure I've seen throughout the years has been Hot Toys offering and with this looking leagues above their multiple attempts at him, at least to me, this looks amazing. Not saying it's perfect, none of these figures ever are but it's stand out for sure.

2ca160d15263b9bb5e8810993084e9ba.png

M7f68sy.png

Last edited:
It’s pages back now and I was busy at work when I skim read it but did someone say there was recently sold a $10k Cavill Supes?!

Yeah have to agree. This basically just feels like a more refined version of the multiple HT Cavills we've been seeing for years. And the suit almost looks like a carbon copy.

It's still totally worth getting, but there's not really enough here to get super excited for.
I think this is why I have an issue with the price. In comparison with other InArt figures which really looked great this one looks pretty good but it’s not like leaps and bounds better in my opinion.

Watching a bit of BVS now. I’ll still think on it for a while.

Back