InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People seem to forget GT and GDI also include shipping and under-declare. I guess the consumer confidence in Kit could be worth the extra $30~ many figures have been going for there this past year. Still will always be my go to for HT, at least.

Either way, can confirm that ripping off the GDI tape from my own Zack definitely broke a piece of my little shipper heart :cry:
Do you have links to these websites? I have tried googling them but I just get random tech companies! :ROFLMAO:
Happy for all of you ❤️ meanwhile me on Gundamit.com... 🤣

I’ll be ordering this locally via Sugo. They have it for $525 AUD, which is about $336 USD with free domestic shipping within Australia.

Giantoy has it up, same price as Kit though.

Pop Collectibles

Just to correct this, this was AUD. Around 32 USD which brings the total to roughly at 340 USD total shipped express. That's a big difference.

I'm gonna wait it out for other vendors as well but sugo's price to the USA is the lowest so far.
This thread is a goldmine for introducing me to new vendors... keep up the recommendations guys!

On September 25th, 2023…2 significant things happened:

1-A new Cavillman went up for PO and I got my orders in.

2-I just learned that there was a 1/6 custom made Cavillman that sold for 10K.

…..

10K.

That’s $10,000 USD.

TEN THOUSAND. AND SOMEONE PURCHASED THAT.

Are we sure it’s not a mistake?? Did someone forget to use the currency converter or something??

And I also learned there was ANOTHER Cavillman that sold for 3K.

Since when did we reach the point where the price of 12” DOLLS equals that of a downpayment for a car? Or 1 months rent in a NYC high rise???

You mofos HAVE to be trolling. There’s just no way man. NO.

I’m being lied to.

With pretty much everyone ordering from Kit, I wonder how long the 'stock' will last between now and October before pre-orders are no longer possible.
At least I trust Kit and have used his store numerous times.
I’m same, I trust Kit and was going to order from him but I couldn’t deny the fact I could get it from Sugo over $100AU cheaper.

With pretty much everyone ordering from Kit, I wonder how long the 'stock' will last between now and October before pre-orders are no longer possible.

No limits before the cut-off time

They release in batches, every store gets same percentage per batch

So the question is - how fast we can ship all orders out!

On September 25th, 2023…2 significant things happened:

1-A new Cavillman went up for PO and I got my orders in.

2-I just learned that there was a 1/6 custom made Cavillman that sold for 10K.

…..

10K.

That’s $10,000 USD.

TEN THOUSAND. AND SOMEONE PURCHASED THAT.

Are we sure it’s not a mistake?? Did someone forget to use the currency converter or something??

And I also learned there was ANOTHER Cavillman that sold for 3K.

Since when did we reach the point where the price of 12” DOLLS equals that of a downpayment for a car? Or 1 months rent in a NYC high rise???

You mofos HAVE to be trolling. There’s just no way man. NO.

I’m being lied to.
That's true my friend. I talked to Adam myself asking the price of his BvS Bruce headsculpt. It was 6k at that time. I guess back in 2018 😅

Do you have links to these websites? I have tried googling them but I just get random tech companies! :ROFLMAO:
This thread is a goldmine for introducing me to new vendors... keep up the recommendations guys!
Sorry, GT=Giantoy and GDI=GunDamit in my brain!

https://giantoy.com/GT has recently leaned more heavily on the NRD typical from most other collectible stores (you used to be able to get a 80% refund on almost every item up until your invoice) but they still (almost?) always offer full refunds within 7 days.

https://gundamit.com/I’ve turned into a GDI simp recently, I swear I saw you mention that you ordered the enormous Sauron through them. Most third party figs have $2 deposits unless there are manufacturer price specifications. They also ship in order of full payment received.

Sorry, GT=Giantoy and GDI=GunDamit in my brain!

https://giantoy.com/GT has recently leaned more heavily on the NRD typical from most other collectible stores (you used to be able to get a 80% refund on almost every item up until your invoice) but they still (almost?) always offer full refunds within 7 days.

https://gundamit.com/I’ve turned into a GDI simp recently, I swear I saw you mention that you ordered the enormous Sauron through them. Most third party figs have $2 deposits unless there are manufacturer price specifications. They also ship in order of full payment received.
Oh your right!
I did order that enormous Sauron from them! I thought the name was a little familiar, but I dismissed the feeling - Ha! the consequences of late night shopping!
Reminds me I need to add that Sauron to my pre-order deposit list [I need to keep track... which is probably I sign I have too many figures on order! :ROFLMAO: ]

It hides under the suit when zipped. Beautiful. This is a great idea. No unsightly clamp and no risk of damaging the suit when displaying it in flight for extended periods of time.

This shouldn‘t be a deal breaker but a deal maker for everyone.
Exactly!

apparently some people are upset with this “hole”. This is a lot better than I expected, and I don’t get how this is a deal breaker for many. It’s not like everyone display their Sup backwards…not that I know of at least

Exactly. InArt designed plug that is hidden when not in use. It’s a perfect solution. Don’t get what people would be bothered by. Better than some clamp that damages the delicate suit over time and stands out like a sore thumb.

I've currently got my HT BVS Supes displayed in a flight pose using a paper clip bent around the tip of the flight stand, with his zipper all the way down in order to hook the clip into the gap in his torso joint. This is infinitely better than that approach and a far sturdier connection than a little magnet would provide.
I thought there would st be a hole in his back- and I was even fine with that.
I think the optimum approach for caped characters would be to have a short flexible arm (that would be hidden from sight) atop of a sturdy, vertical acrylic rod to allow for some directional tilt- but acrylic can only withstand so much leaning force. Aesthetics simply has to come with compromises.

I'll be waiting a few days for KGHobby to announce their price. So far, they've been cheapest for InArt without much of an additioonal wait time so I'll expect the same with Superman.

I've currently got my HT BVS Supes displayed in a flight pose using a paper clip bent around the tip of the flight stand, with his zipper all the way down in order to hook the clip into the gap in his torso joint. This is infinitely better than that approach and a far sturdier connection than a little magnet would provide.
I think the optimum approach for caped characters would be to have a short flexible arm (that would be hidden from sight) atop of a sturdy, vertical acrylic rod to allow for some directional tilt- but acrylic can only withstand so much leaning force. Aesthetics simply has to come with compromises.

I'll be waiting a few days for KGHobby to announce their price. So far, they've been cheapest for InArt without much of an additioonal wait time so I'll expect the same with Superman.
He's up. $339 ex.shipping.

Its up on KGHobby - $339

Shipping is another $30, at least to Europe.
So the price is a smidge cheaper than Kit's, if you have the points/coupons with Kit its easily possible to save as much or more.
Both are 100% reliable in my experience, though KGHobby tends to be a little slower.

I’m going to order today, but I keep getting this sneaking suspicion that 4-5 months from now HT will offer an Artisan Edition with rooted hair and a couple of extra bells and whistles. Although I think the real battleground would be over a Christopher Reeve Superman.

Wow, this looks great. I thought I was done with Cavill Superman figures but I'm rethinking that now. Has InArt specified a height for this figure? Just curious where this will fall compared to the HT versions. I'm assuming it'll be close to the BvS & JL releases as opposed to the oversized MoS release.

Just put my order in through Kit with that nice $10 off.

Its helping justify this price by thinking, If HT put up a new Cavill, It would probably look worse, be $300 ($350ish after SS tax) and would only come with 1 garbage cape, meaning id have to go custom route and get a $50-$70 cape. After thinking this I no longer see $399 ($389) as a bad price at all, cant wait.

Bring on Batman and Wonder Woman! And Daenerys

Back