InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that guy is drunk or high or both.

Seriously, I love Hot Toys and appreciate what they have done for the hobby overall. I have around 35 or 36 figures and all but 2 of them are Hot Toys. I was blown away when I saw my first Hot Toys figure in 2017 (Thor Dark World Heavy Armor).

That said, I don’t want to ever get so beholden to one company that I am unable or unwilling to acknowledge their flaws or foibles or refuse to accept when they have been bested by another company in some respect.

It is obvious that the InArt Superman is superior to the Hot Toys BvS and Justice League Superman figures. I think to say otherwise is to be in denial
That guy is probably Howard Chan.

the only one that comes into mind costing that much is this if not more, very impressive work by adam

Adam's sculpts are one of the most overpriced things I've seen lately. I'm sorry but even his latest Joker sculpt that he sold for almost $10,000 was worse than what INART or any other custom artist today is making. That's a great Cavill Supes sculpt but for $3000+? Yeeesh

That's crazy! It does look good though. Even at that much cost holes can still be picked at at.
I'm really surprised the boots have wrinkles, especially in that pose.
sort of outddated figure unfortunately, tends to be the case and issue that cant seem to be fixed with hot toys figure. i hope there wont be any bunching or wrinkles on inart's but maybe that's wishful thinking, any clothes will wear itself down

its cost so high because of the artist attached and craftsmanship, but mainly the artist that created that headsculpt. as i know, that head is limited to 1 in the world and not recreated

Adam's sculpts are one of the most overpriced things I've seen lately. I'm sorry but even his latest Joker sculpt that he sold for almost $10,000 was worse than what INART or any other custom artist today is making. That's a great Cavill Supes sculpt but for $3000+? Yeeesh
its artist mainly attached. i will say, with what recent artists are able to produce. it is incredible for fraction of the cost. you can easily spend 1.5k and get an amazing sculpt and done by the best painters and hairers today. very good ledger market right now with so many options, not just adam heads anymore

its artist mainly attached. i will say, with what recent artists are able to produce. it is incredible for fraction of the cost. you can easily spend 1.5k and get an amazing sculpt and done by the best painters and hairers today. very good ledger market right now with so many options, not just adam heads anymore

Yeah that's what I mean. Adam was a big stand out a few years ago because the custom scene wasn't as big. Nowadays you have a million different artists offering a wide range of quality with a wider range of price attached. What Adam charges I feel is just not as warranted anymore in this day and age.

I don't like holes! His suit looks amazing from behind, who needs a hole there?! :monkey2 :monkey4

NO HOLES! While InArt figure looks amazing, I still love HT versions and never gonna let them go. It was so exciting to see BvS Superman figure back then as it looked completely different from the MOS version. I bought him with my scholarship money. Great memories.
View attachment 664647
Sure the suit has great detail on the back. It also has huge seams and a massive zip. An obvious neckline too. I would sacrifice a small area of accuracy at the back to not have a plastic clamp around the part of the suit that is seen the most. This would be nigh on the weirdest pose to leave him in too.

I noticed in the pics the clear pole goes up behind the cape. I'm guessing this is just picture manipulation for the promotion.

I can honestly say I haven't seen the perfect henry sculpt in 1/6. Not like with joker for example

I think inarts sculpt can be better there I said it!!!

shaking-fist-dark-mode.gif

Back