InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20231001_223633_Instagram.jpg

What a terrible thing from the board. I did not know that. What a shame.

I guess I miss pre 2012 internet. Internet was fantastic before "they" made it a business. I remember articles popping up 2 years earlier from the MSM, and they were pushing for internet speech regulation and here we are.

I do want the Cavill also, but it all depends on the Superman Reeve pricing. I suspect north of 600 since it is 2 figures.

I think most prefer the Justice League Cavill due to the light blue suit. The Light blue just look better for comic characters. Too many modern movies suffer from darkening the outfits because realism. A guy flying is ok, a guy flying with underwear is the line we cannot cross.
It was overly dark on the BvS HT and too light on the JL HT. I think the JL one is much closer to what the suit actually looked like for BvS.

I don't even look at them as comic characters. I'm trying to replicate what is in the movies. It is probably heresy to say, but I don't care about the comics.

In my opinion, I don't think they suffer from darkening the outfits. For movies, it improves them no end. Captain America for example, I'd take the Winter Soldier suit over the Avengers suit any day.

It gets explained why they can fly, why they are strong or why they are fast. It's bought into because reasons are given for the difference. It would be great to experience those things for ourselves. If someone can explain why they look goofy (imo) then maybe I could agree but it hasn't happened yet and I haven't spent any time recently imagining doing the same or thinking it looks good.

He looks really good at the event. The suit material and the metallic shine is coming across way better. Wonder if it's just a lighting difference from what they had in the announcement photos? Some camera distortion happening in these photos but still.

8Ybrykx.png
oclzcx2.png
It's obvious in the top pic that he has considerable size on his thighs, especially on the outside of them. Something I noticed when measuring for my customs is that often the inside of the leg gets overlooked when making the legs bigger. It JUST goes on the outside and then we end up with the Hot Toys meat Jodpers.

Looking at these pictures, although I like how that sheen is looking in the torso, it appears the reason that it's coming across that way is because a bright light is being shined onto the figure. The light is cutting through the fabric and hitting right against the reflective layer. I believe the goal is to get it looking as such under regular viewing conditions, and not just when there's a light being pointed directly at the figure.

Screenshot_2023-10-02-09-59-48-25_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

What I will say is it does look a little more promising here than in the promo shots.

Back