In which category do you think Hot Toys needs to improve?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More horror figures...

Classic line would be nice.

Also, price point. It's getting out of hand, especially with the increased quantities being put out and the drop in quality control.

Also, would like them to stop recycling the same figure; Iron Man line has been done to death, but then again, who knows, maybe they had some sort of agreement with that.

I'd say price, but that's not realistic without HT cutting back on other categories. Only going up from here.

Its not "whether" those 89 Batman figures are going to have QC issues, the problem is everything before it has and thats why people are complaining.

You would have alot less _____ing and moaning about price, if products when shipped out ,was good. Most would say that HT is worth it, hell you have people saying that Indy is worth it. Imagine if it looked like Indy, instead of Mississippi Larry.

:lol Indeed. Its a pity a lot of people have had to persuade themselves that it looks like him rather than seeing it outright.

I think it would be great if you could go on their website and vote for one figure a year that they would make. Fans choice figure. Every year.

1. Quality(Control) - the most important aspect, definitely. If we shell a lot of $$ for a figure we need to know we're gonna get what we paid for. A proto should not be just a teaser ;)

2. Sculpting and detailing - Supes and Sparrow are such amazing figures because they are 90%+ spot on and HT needs to deliver the same in the future. Once they've proven that they can do it, there's no excuse for Indy's 50% likeness.

3. Price - Lets face it, as time goes on, prices go up. Call it inflation, licensing fees, quality, sculptor's fee's, increasing wages in China (this is actually happening, check Foxconn and Apple) etc., but HT needs to do its best to keep the figures affordable or they'll price out their fan base.

I think it would be great if you could go on their website and vote for one figure a year that they would make. Fans choice figure. Every year.

That'd be cool but that would involve HT having to pursue a particular license and/or likeness rights with no guarantee of being able to get it done. Its not like Hasbro with the Star Wars figures where they already have the license and they can pretty much make anything they're asked to make. The closest we'd get to this would be one of HT polls where they draw up a list of things that they themselves already intend to make or know they could make and have people choose what they most want to see.

price and I wish they would acquire older licenses more ofter (Mad Max, Batman Forever, Die Hard, ect, ect)

For me, the absolute first things that should happen are:

1) Open up direct contact between the customers and HT. Their website is constantly up and down, with malicious intent? I think having an English site is great, but it should be maintained in North America by a non esl person.

2) QC is a tough one because it's their fault we are spoiled? Yes, they have made us come to expect the best, but we don't need to complain about things so much... what a thankless business HT is in.

That said, I pay 2-3 hundred bucks for a figure, I want an inspection that says who did it, like sideshow. Bet you a lot less defects make it through if someone's job is on the line. But the REAL deception I find is that the first batch that come out of the factory are always bad, or have more problems than the ones that make it to sideshow.... this dilutes what is on Ebay and overall is a sketchy way to do business.

3) Stop it with trying to squash everything Enterbay tries to do. The seamless Bruce Lee body was a low and chicken _____ thing to do. Where is the body? it was just BS and it shows the character of HT as a company tisk tisk tisk....

What that means Hot Toys, is one day you can be replaced! Collectors will have no sympathy for you... conduct yourselves with more integrity! You have all of our attention now, you can make it eternal if you clean up.

4) Do something to cure counterfeit items.

It's nothing major but I'd like HT to do them videos like what SS do were the artist's are talking about up coming projects there working on, I guess there communication could be better with there fans.
But what else can they improve on everything really, there's always room for improvement but they do seem to take a step forward each year sometimes two. There only major concern for me is there QC, I've not been stung yet but that doesn't mean I won't be down the line, especially now it's becoming more common.

For me the following should be the order of importance:

1. Sculpt, I don't think this needs an explanation.

2. QC!! Again see above.

3. Bang for your buck. I don't expect to see the prices drop, but that doesn't mean a few extras couldn't be thrown in to make it feel like you are getting a boatload of stuff. Seeing Captian Jack in all of his glory made me think of this. He comes with a lot of accessories and a cool ass base. Now look at the 89 Bats line...sure all of the gadgets are represented for both Joker and Bats, and thats awesome, but when compared to JS I feel they could have done a bit better with a stand or something, maybe they will. Oh and EXTRA HAND PEGS!!!

4. Packaging. I'm a sucker for good packaging. I love the DX packaging, Spidey was awesome too...I like what they are doing and I hope they keep it up.

Accuracy/likeness of the initial prototype to the final product.

Design (i.e. no more rubber bodies that deteriorate).

Quality control (i.e. pain applications, quality of the fabrics/material, assembly of the components, etc.).

Focused/streamlined customer service/interaction with it's customers.

Make a mea culpa when they screw up and acknowledge/state what they're going to do to fix it/improve it/make it right with their customers.

Price . . . make the asking/selling price equal to what is actually being offered.

Definatly clothing. As Indy demonstrated, thier levels of standards for clothing definatly are below average and make the figure look like a doll. A good example is the giant oversized collars on shirts.

Really? As regards the clothing aren't they leaders of the game? I thought the Indy clothes weren't their best work but those are an exception rather the rule with HT I would have said.

They are good with Superhero outfits. Something about everyday clothing just doesn't look right. A little too puffy and baggy. But this is just my opinion.

Shame that they can't reach Kato standards of clothing.

I absolutely agree about QC, but I'd also like to throw in that they need to better utilize the talent that they have, as well as reassessing their priorities in terms of figure releases/quality. Indiana Jones is a shining example of this. First of all, HT has a ton of sculptors who are just as talented as Arnie Kim, and capable of sculpting Indy. The bottom line is that HT put too much on Kim. With two iconic characters in Superman and Indy, one was bound to get the short end of the stick, judging by Superman's final image, it's clear that Kim focused more on him.

Had HT given Indy to another sculptor, this issue could've been avoided entirely. Another issue is the way that HT handled the situation. Rather than utilizing Superman's being complete as a way for Kim to focus on Indy, they instead chose to put him out within one week of Superman's release, almost as if to sweep him under the rug while everyone was focused on Superman. They could've just delayed the figure and improved on it, with Superman out

of the way, but again, they decided to not bite the bullet and give people a half-assed figure.

Back