In which category do you think Hot Toys needs to improve?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiroamada

Just a little freaky
Reaction score

Please rank from 1 to 5 (order by priority with 1 being your top priority). There is no right or wrong rankings here. Please base your ranking from your experience or from your most recent observation/s when you last purchased (or possibly repeat purchase) a Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure/s.

I hope you guys will take time out to help our 1/6 scale community of toy collectors and toy makers realize the value of this hobby.

Here are the categories i have in mind:

A. Quality / Quality Control - recently it's getting a common trend for us to get figures with faded paints, uneven paint jobs, stiff joints due to dried excess paints, defective parts, broken parts, missing parts, leaked batteries or possbily malfunctioning lightup feature

B. Packaging - the box design & art is becoming generic and less appealing; the manual provided is too lame, cheap-looking and totally contradicts the quality of a high-end, expensive toy;

C. Accessories, Weapons & display base - the accessories and weapons are limited, display base is becoming generic and less appealing;unable to come-up with a toy that comes with it's own display clear base thus minimizing the impact of us buying clear acrylic display case

D. Sculpting & detailing - head sculpt is somewhat inconsistent (some figures are spot-on, others are just there for the sake of having it); Detailing found on the figure is inaccurate or lacks the expected details given this is not the first time they have released the figure;

E. Price - The increase in price does not justify what Hot Toys has provided

Here is my ranking:

1. Price
2. Quality
3. Sculpting & Detailing
4. Accessories, weapons & display base
5. Packaging

And below are my thoughts:

For me, it's okay for us/me to buy an expensive toy provided that the "quality", "sculpting & detailing", the "accessories, weapons and display base" provided are not compromised or limited. Packaging is something not meant to last anyway and basically it's the reason why we invest on buying clear acrylic display case.

This would probably be better in the General Collectibles forum however:

1) Quality
2) Price
3) Accessories, weapons & display base
4) Sculpting & Detailing
5) Packaging

I only really listed the last 3 because you asked us to rank them but I actually don't feel theres much need to improve those areas. HT pretty much lead the pack on those things, its others that need to improve moreso than HT. Yeah not every sculpt is dead-on but is every sculpt ever going to be?

The only real concerns are QC and the ever rising prices. Higher price should bring greater guarantees of proper QC not less as has been the case with the new Batman/Bruce Wayne.

For me its sculpting.some of there figures are dead on,but a lot are just close[whiplash,tony stark,hl jokers,black widow,comedien,wolverine,hans landa and aldo to name a few].they look good but not great and at 175 a pop I wouldn't mind paying more for a perfect figure.

Hot Toys Candy!!!!! :panic:

They Need To Make This Crap Better Tasting :exactly:

:rotfl

And whats this reverse psychology crap they're pulling 'Do not Eat'.

Variation in line devotion
Choosing the right initial characters
Quality control
Pricing

OK I agree here and am a follower of Nova-Force's campaign. HT tendency to leave lines incomplete and their inexplicable avoidance of some of the most surefire sellers in a given line would be funny if it weren't so frustrating for collectors and fans of the particular lines.

I agree about QC (though this is an issue with just about every toy/collectible company I know) and sculpt from time to time. Of course, a downward trend in price would be nice, but it seems unrealistic to expect that to happen. I think the accessories/packaging are fine.

Please rank from 1 to 5 (order by priority with 1 being your top priority). There is no right or wrong rankings here. Please base your ranking from your experience or from your most recent observation/s when you last purchased (or possibly repeat purchase) a Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure/s.

I hope you guys will take time out to help our 1/6 scale community of toy collectors and toy makers realize the value of this hobby.

Here are the categories i have in mind:

A. Quality / Quality Control - recently it's getting a common trend for us to get figures with faded paints, uneven paint jobs, stiff joints due to dried excess paints, defective parts, broken parts, missing parts, leaked batteries or possbily malfunctioning lightup feature

B. Packaging - the box design & art is becoming generic and less appealing; the manual provided is too lame, cheap-looking and totally contradicts the quality of a high-end, expensive toy;

C. Accessories, Weapons & display base - the accessories and weapons are limited, display base is becoming generic and less appealing;unable to come-up with a toy that comes with it's own display clear base thus minimizing the impact of us buying clear acrylic display case

D. Sculpting & detailing - head sculpt is somewhat inconsistent (some figures are spot-on, others are just there for the sake of having it); Detailing found on the figure is inaccurate or lacks the expected details given this is not the first time they have released the figure;

E. Price - The increase in price does not justify what Hot Toys has provided

Here is my ranking:

1. Price
2. Quality
3. Sculpting & Detailing
4. Accessories, weapons & display base
5. Packaging

And below are my thoughts:

For me, it's okay for us/me to buy an expensive toy provided that the "quality", "sculpting & detailing", the "accessories, weapons and display base" provided are not compromised or limited. Packaging is something not meant to last anyway and basically it's the reason why we invest on buying clear acrylic display case.

Here's what I think- too many words.

I think generally Hot Toys head sculpts are to small. The new Bale head is very small, I don't think I will even use it.

The Terminator figures also suffer from midget head syndrome, they made a new muscle body that is quite bulky but they neglected to increase the size of the head sculpt to match the big body. So you get a miss match.

Some people have said Superman is the same.

I also think they are painting head sculpts way to Tan. Indy is so dark he looks like an Arab, instead of Caucasian.

Odin and Thor are also really tanned. Like they've been kicking it in a solarium.

QC and Price.

I just don't find many of their offerings worth the prices they're asking now.

I think quality and sculpting go hand in hand, need to have good quality sculpting and detailing. If HT nail this then pricing would be less of an issue.

1. Quality/Sculpting & Detailing
2. Price
3. Accessories, weapons & display base
4. Packaging

1. QC - when I unbox and know I don't have to return a figure from over here in the arse end of the world, then that just makes my day.

2. sculpting - $250 for Indy would've been ok in my book if the sculpt looked as much like Ford as Supes does Reeve.

3. Price - this stuff is expensive, we know this. But I'd rather pay $250 for awesomeness than $150 for just ok. These things will be on my shelf long after I've forgotten about a few dollars here or there. OK, more than just a few dollars, but you get my meaning.

4. Accessories - do I really need some obscure film reference polystone plinth for Spiderman? Does Indy really need that chunk of faux rock? Living in Oz this makes a difference to me, because the shipping tears the arse outta my wallet. Nearly $70 to ship Spidey for pete's sake, with half that thanks to that stupid base.

5. Packaging - who cares. It's only going to sit in the cupboard anyway.

...and yeh, this should be in the General section.

Material Science: Use of proper non-degrading/non-reacting materials.

Design: Though many are great, there are much more that can be improved upon. Bodies/Joints.... etc

Back