In which category do you think Hot Toys needs to improve?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is numero uno. They need more consistency regarding their prices. I don't feel a the price is justified on many figures especially those with huge QC issues. They also need a better method of dealing with QC problems beyond :ignore:

Price is numero uno. They need more consistency regarding their prices. I don't feel a the price is justified on many figures especially those with huge QC issues. They also need a better method of dealing with QC problems beyond :ignore:

:goodpost:

Having the same or higher price for figures with less accessories and features is redundant.

just like what she said: 'don't tell me it's coming soon, when it's really not...'

i know ART takes time, and it's not easy being THE KING, so just announce a truthful and more realistic schedule.

Price, the figs are too much by about 25% and that is giving SST room to creep their prices up, their offerings are already over priced as well. Then again, its a niche market... AND we are paying those prices right after we complain... :dunno

Quality control and price and collectability. If they keep on remaking everything then whats the point of paying hundreds of dollars for something that will will be remade after a year and would most likely be a better product.

All the concerns listed here are valid but I would put QC and realistic timelines at the top of my list. Nothing worse than opening a new HT figure and realizing it is missing some important piece or it has two left feet. Things like that. If the QC is there, I don't mind paying the price.

I'd say QC is number 1. I've dodged a bullet on recent releases, but I've also been purchasing directly from SS more and more to make sure I can return items if needed.

I'd also say price, but I doubt that's going to be going anywhere but up next year.

Sculpt, accessories, and packaging are all relative and vary from release and customer.

1. Everything but price.

If you had good QC with no turds being sent out. No one would complain about the price.

Ship good product, and people will be happy with what they paid for.

1. Everything but price.

If you had good QC with no turds being sent out. No one would complain about the price.

Ship good product, and people will be happy with what they paid for.

Well I wouldn't say that. People were complaining about the price of 89' Batman and Joker and we have no idea at this point whether those figures are going to have QC issues.

When it comes to price people have a problem with the fact that seemingly it goes up with each and every new figure with no explanation offered. There appears to be no standard price for a basic figure with set amount of accessories, or for a more complex figure with set amount of extras, for much if any period of time. It simply seems as if every figure within each of those categories (basic figure, complex figure) will be more expensive than the last and thats that. Or am I wrong? I haven't actually studied the pricing of HT figures, just going on an impression I have which could be off the mark.

Last edited:
releasing products in a somewhat timely manner with regards to getting the license. ( MGS anyone?) if you're not ready to show product within 6 months to a year( note, that's show, not release) then don't announce the liscense

FINISHING lines!
Watchmen
Pirates
Iron Man
Aliens
Every Line HT has ever done, EVER

or just doing more variety within said line would be nice.

everything else is kosher.

Well I wouldn't say that. People were complaining about the price of 89' Batman and Joker and we have no idea at this point whether those figures are going to have QC issues.

When it comes to price people have a problem with the fact that seemingly it goes up with each and every new figure with no explanation offered. There appears to be no standard price for a basic figure with set amount of accessories, or for a more complex figure with set amount of extras, for much if any period of time. It simply seems as if every figure within each of those categories (basic figure, complex figure) will be more expensive than the last and thats that. Or am I wrong? I haven't actually studied the pricing of HT figures, just going on an impression I have which could be off the mark.

Its not "whether" those 89 Batman figures are going to have QC issues, the problem is everything before it has and thats why people are complaining.

You would have alot less _____ing and moaning about price, if products when shipped out ,was good. Most would say that HT is worth it, hell you have people saying that Indy is worth it. Imagine if it looked like Indy, instead of Mississippi Larry.

Finishing lines - or be smarter with characters they choose.

releasing products in a somewhat timely manner with regards to getting the license. ( MGS anyone?) if you're not ready to show product within 6 months to a year( note, that's show, not release) then don't announce the liscense.

:goodpost:

i have this same attitude with publishers announcing games and teasing the crap out of them for 2-4 years before they ship :gah:

Back