In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raiders of the Lost Ark was a perfect film. No need to go further.

Temple of Doom was fun. If you're going any further, this is the way.

Last Crusade was a nice ending. This has clearly gone far enough.

Crystal Skull was a great idea, but the whole story was already hopelessly long in the tooth. Everyone has lost their bearings. The edges are frayed beyond recognition. Do not make another one. Just don't.

News is out that Spielberg wants to direct the reboot. His involvement is good to hear but I'm still uncertain about a flat-out reboot.

News is out that Spielberg wants to direct the reboot. His involvement is good to hear but I'm still uncertain about a flat-out reboot.

It's great they're going with the director of "Crystal Skull." I like consistency.

1)ROTLA
2)TLC
3)TOD
4)TBD (to be determined if they come out with another one)

I saw a knock off Indiana Jones movie with that movie destroyer Shia Daboof called Kingdom of the Crystal Cranium or something like that. Yeah after watching that, I still can't believe people got tricked into thinking that it could possibly be allowed in the real Indiana Jones movie universe, while it was actually a King Solomon's Mines sequel.
You know kinda like Star Wars episodes 1-3 were a spin off of spaceballs.

I Think the thing that would have made skull a good film would have been As the rocks and debris swirl up, what rises out of the pit is not some flying saucer...but...THE MILENNIUM FALCON!!!

As Indy watches, we get a close-up of its cockpit, and we see Harrison Ford as Han Solo from the 70's. He looks at the older Indy, Smiles, and gives a little nod like, 'Lookin' good, old man.'

Then, as we watch, the Falcon turns away from the camera, and STREAKS OFF...as the rocks and debris crash down.

...Admit it...if that happened, all that stuff about monkey-boy Mutt and the Russians And three-dimensional Beings would have been forgotten. Another Wasted opportunity with the film.

I still don't understand why the alien aspect of the fourth one makes it difficult for some people to accept into the series considering the other elements present in the first three movies. Alien artifacts are something that exist.

For me, it's more of the gap in time rather than the alien aspect that is the issue. At least with the first three films, they all took place in the same time period, so there was consistency. Now the fourth movie comes along and two decades have gone by, which is jarring, because not only are we accustomed to Nazis and religious artifacts, but 50s culture is completely different than 30s culture, both in lifestyle and beliefs. Plus, although we get a hint at where Indy has been since Last Crusade, we've missed 20 years of his adventures. He clearly isn't the same person he was in Raiders. And, to me, all of that makes the film disjointed. To drop the audience in the middle of that time warp and ask them to accept all of that is difficult, IMO.

They missed the best time out the 40's. If theyd done it around 2000 and set in in 1947 would have been great...instead they leave it and let Harrison get older and older..so when it happens we have a 67 year old Harry trying to play a 58 years old Indy.

1, Raiders of the Lost Ark :clap, 2,Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :clap, 3,Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls ::slap, 4,Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Phantom Menace aka Temple of Doom :horror.

In the order they were made watching the last crusade on bbc3 as I write this, plane effects pretty crappy but still good film I'd rather hope Spielberg sticks to tintin and go's no were near another Indiana jones film

I still don't understand why the alien aspect of the fourth one makes it difficult for some people to accept into the series considering the other elements present in the first three movies. Alien artifacts are something that exist.

I totally agree on this one. Going on the alien aspect was the right choice of the new installment of the series. The movie itself can be discussed, but the adventure on alien artifacts was right way to go and that`s that.
Also then again making a new one of the series is a tough and hard choice. Indy is now maybe best, movies from the past.....

Alien artifacts are something that exist?

Somebody notify the President!

He did a good job but it was like he just decided tuck it lets do a parody of my most beloved character....PART TIME!!!

Back