In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my ranking.

RAIDERS way ahead...

Now press the "period" button on your keyboard and come back in 3 months, then I can type TEMPLE OF DOOM...

Now press that button again continuously for one year, then I could add LAST CRUSADE...

Now press that button again.... and just watch your life go by... pass the task on to your first born.... and watch his life pass by.... then the job goes to his first born... and so on... by next millennium I should be about ready to type the dreaded CRYSTAL SKULL.

Minus the TERRIBLE monkey scene, I thoroughly enjoyed Chrystal Skull. I left the cynic outside the theater.

My ranking would be...
Best: Last Crusade
all others are Great!

Funny thing is that scene doesn't even bother me anymore when I watch the film.

1. Raiders of the lost Ark (Great adventure film)

2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom (Spielberg's wife almost ruins the film for me, but I like it)

3. Indiana Jones and the last crusade (not a huge fan of it, but it had some good moments and a nice ending)

1. Raiders of the lost Ark (Great adventure film)

2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom (Spielberg's wife almost ruins the film for me, but I like it)

3. Indiana Jones and the last crusade (not a huge fan of it, but it had some good moments and a nice ending)

:exactly:

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

TLC has a lot of mugging and goofiness that sort of ruined it for me. This movie was the seeds for KOTCS in that regard. Hated the young Indy segment and what they did to Sallah and Brody tops Fett in ROTJ, but HF looks great, Connery was a stroke of genius and I love some of the locales and visuals. Vogel and Donovan were decent Indy villains (Donovan not as much.)

TOD is an odd movie with plenty not to like but I love it nonetheless. Again, nice visuals (bridge, mine cart and banquet are classic Indy) and Mola Ram was awesome.

Here's my ranking.

RAIDERS way ahead...

Now press the "period" button on your keyboard and come back in 3 months, then I can type TEMPLE OF DOOM...

Now press that button again continuously for one year, then I could add LAST CRUSADE...

Now press that button again.... and just watch your life go by... pass the task on to your first born.... and watch his life pass by.... then the job goes to his first born... and so on... by next millennium I should be about ready to type the dreaded CRYSTAL SKULL.

As an adult movie fan looking back at the series in the last decade or two, I fully agree with you... However, there is always something about 'your first', which for me was Temple of Doom. There are some things you just don't forget as a 7 or 8 year old watching those early 80's movies at the cinema.

The same for me with Star Wars... as a child, Star Wars to me WAS Return of the Jedi. I saw it as a young child, lived the comic books, the photographic 'official movie' guide. I was captured by the whole Luke vs Vader, good vs evil.. Even when VHS came out the lack of accessibility to movies was such I don't think I even got to watch ANH and ESB until several years later (and that was probably on TV)

So with that in mind, looking back as an adult, yes clearly Empire comes first, then ANH, followed by Jedi... but nostalgically the imagery of those two series always has been Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi...

Disney CEO confirms more Indy movies.

Looks like we could have some new Indy movies to bring into this in a few more years.

Great news, really hope Ford can reprise the role for just one more film, then a reboot would be likely. He needs the opportunity to redeem himself after the last effort that left many indy fans feeling cheated after waiting 19 years.

Is there anyone out there who likes KOTCS best? There'd have to be, right?

shia.jpg

What with it's cgi monkey scene and some forgetable acting throughout? Doubtful that anyone would like it placed in first spot.
Some have put it before Temple of Doom, i did'nt hate it when i saw indy4 back in may 2008, but i left the cinema with a kind of empty feeling, like the long wait for the next indy adventure was not justified, and my interest in the franchise was not sustained.

IMO (and it may be the wine talking), watching the whole quadrilogy today (not literally December 22nd), KOTCS holds up very well against the others, even if it's still at the bottom. Everyone may have their own preference, but talking about it as if it's an utter abomination (SW prequels) is a little overboard.

Back