In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking if we get a fifth film it'll likely be done in 3D with 3D still being quite popular at the movies right now. How would you feel about it? I wouldn't mind so long as the 3D isn't gimmicky and is used to create a more immersive experience. Jurassic Park was excellent in 3D and any Indy film with 3D like that I wouldn't be against. The original four have a lot of scenes that I think would look quite cool in 3D if the conversion was done properly.

I was thinking if we get a fifth film it'll likely be done in 3D with 3D still being quite popular at the movies right now. How would you feel about it? I wouldn't mind so long as the 3D isn't gimmicky and is used to create a more immersive experience. Jurassic Park was excellent in 3D and any Indy film with 3D like that I wouldn't be against. The original four have a lot of scenes that I think would look quite cool in 3D if the conversion was done properly.

3d indy would be great. At this stage, ( 7 years after the last one) I'm just hoping to see HF in the role one last time. I know he is well past it, i suppose we will see what he still can and can' t do when episode 7 hits the cinemas later this year. For me, it really has to be Ford under that fedora or just leave well enough alone.

Eh. I don't really like 3D and go out of my way to make sure I watch the regular versions of movies. So as long as they offer a 2D screening along with the 3D version, then by all means.

I have mixed feelings about a new Indy movie, with or without HF. Crystal Skull was okay by me (an unpopular opinion, I know), but nowhere near the perfection of the first. So I would want the filmmakers to take the movie more seriously and not have it be so lighthearted and goofy. I wouldn't even be opposed to a reboot of sorts focusing on "young" Indy that took the events from the River Phoenix incident forward. As long as it was done more seriously with some real perils and intense action, and less dumb jokes and bumbling sidekicks, then I would love to see more Indy movies.

I've always said that the best option is to fill in the gap between the young Indy/slash River Phoenix period and Ford's first chronological appearance in Temple where Indy is early 30s. It is already established by Ford that Indy is a well known roguish adventurer by that stage but we haven't seen (in TV/films) how that comes about.

There is a 10+yr gap in the movies/TV that could be filled in by another actor, while keeping the Ford films as canon and with no need for a reboot.

As far as 2D or 3D .... I think I'm done with 3D, novelty has worn off for me personally, and if a cinema releases both formats and gives me a choice, I always choose the 2D version.

I've always said that the best option is to fill in the gap between the young Indy/slash River Phoenix period and Ford's first chronological appearance in Temple where Indy is early 30s. It is already established by Ford that Indy is a well known roguish adventurer by that stage but we haven't seen (in TV/films) how that comes about.

There is a 10+yr gap in the movies/TV that could be filled in by another actor, while keeping the Ford films as canon and with no need for a reboot.

As far as 2D or 3D .... I think I'm done with 3D, novelty has worn off for me personally, and if a cinema releases both formats and gives me a choice, I always choose the 2D version.

:lecture Exactly!

I would like to see Chris Pratt take on a new character that has been metored by an older Indy. Not a reboot....keep Ford as Indy, but pass the torch to a new action character in the same vein.

I can definitely see Pratt as Indy or a similar character after seeing him in Jurassic World. He had moments that reminded me a lot of Indy.

Actually, what I would be okay with is a soft passing of the torch in the Last Crusade style. I mean a three part story. First, we see Indy post KOTCS redescovering some kind of artifact, something he has failed when he was younger, then we are told the story of that failure, in the 1920s with a younger Indy played by Pratt. Finally, tha last part of the movie is the continuation of the story is again Indy played by Ford.

I think it could establish Pratt (or any other guy, because I don't see what's the hell about Pratt) as the new guy while writing him down in the continuity and not as a reboot.

Just get a new actor, set the movies in the 1920's, 1930's again and don't bother explaining anything. Mad Max: Fury road did just that and it worked.

Actually, what I would be okay with is a soft passing of the torch in the Last Crusade style. I mean a three part story. First, we see Indy post KOTCS redescovering some kind of artifact, something he has failed when he was younger, then we are told the story of that failure, in the 1920s with a younger Indy played by Pratt. Finally, tha last part of the movie is the continuation of the story is again Indy played by Ford.

I think it could establish Pratt (or any other guy, because I don't see what's the hell about Pratt) as the new guy while writing him down in the continuity and not as a reboot.

That could work, actually. A way having both old and new Indy in the same film and canon.

Start with ford then have 40 minutes of young Indy sort of flash back scenes in the middle of the film..then the last 40minutes of the film we get bad ass old ass Indy going out in hard-core style.

Start with ford then have 40 minutes of young Indy sort of flash back scenes in the middle of the film..then the last 40minutes of the film we get bad ass old ass Indy going out in hard-core style.

That could actually work and I think that's a good way to keep both old and new Indy in the same film.

Guess which movie character was voted best of all-time by Empire Magazine? ;)

Not big news I know, but kinda cool nonetheless. Got the newest issue in at work and it was a cool little surprise to see.

With Raiders turning 35 next year I wonder if something will be done for the occasion? I have a hard time believing the studio won't do something next year to mark the occasion of a landmark film like it. Maybe a theatrical re-release?

With Raiders turning 35 next year I wonder if something will be done for the occasion? I have a hard time believing the studio won't do something next year to mark the occasion of a landmark film like it. Maybe a theatrical re-release?

Who me? :lol

But seriously, i will turn 35 next year!! It's something i'm glad to have in common with pretty much my favourite movie of all time.

So how old were you when you first watched Raiders? Was it the first Indy movie you saw or did you see maybe Last Crusade first and then saw the other two?

I think it's interesting that you seem to be such a big fan of the movie, but its original release and all the hoopla that surrounded it didn't hit you at that magical adolescent time of around age 8-12. I mean, to you it must have seemed like just an "old movie".

Back