[iminime] Trekking into theDark - Brash Captain|Vulcan First Officer NEW SCULPT PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my impression… ;)

TheBrashCaptain35_zps1ad9c4b3.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain33_zps04107532.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain23_zps19a6c890.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain05_zpse38125b0.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain21_zpsa0ff46d9.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain14_zpsa2033fd6.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain49_zps5c76b660.jpg~original

TheBrashCaptain03_zpsed26ae22.jpg~original

Thanks for the pictures wake! Is it just me...or is the head looking a tad bit too big? The head on that body looks weird to be for some reason...also I feel that the sculpt is a bit off but I'm sure they will fix it and make it amazing like spock. Eager to see updates :)

Hmmm...that looks nothing like the unpainted sculpt on page one. Not sure why it was changed, but I'm not liking this version. Face & neck look too wide & those ears look really big. Any way of getting it back to the original one?

hmmmm... agree with a lot of that. face looks squashed on the head. the proto pic on page 1 is way better!!

hope this can be revisited.

Hmmm...that looks nothing like the unpainted sculpt on page one. Not sure why it was changed, but I'm not liking this version. Face & neck look too wide & those ears look really big. Any way of getting it back to the original one?

hmmmm... agree with a lot of that. face looks squashed on the head. the proto pic on page 1 is way better!!

hope this can be revisited.

I'm sure Denny will do his best to improve the sculpt. Photoshop manipulations and references welcome.

Thanks, Wake. Based on how great the Spock sculpt ultimately turned out, I have hopes it will be the same for Kirk.

I hate to say it but that doesn't even look like the first pic, or Chris Pine all that much either. Bummer.:( The unpainted one, on page 1 is "DEAD ON PERFECT."

I can see Pine in the sculpt but I agree something is amiss.....at $400 a poke not going to purchase Kirk (as stands) which means no Spock either. Perhaps the original cast will get a shot .....:wink1:

So, is this the same sculpt that was shown unpainted or is it new? I'm not seeing Pine there at all, so unless the head is fixed (like Spock was, and brilliantly), I'm out on Kirk... Which makes it hard to have just Spock. Also, is it just me, or does the tailoring on the costume make it look like his shoulders are WAY lower than they should be? He's also looking too bulky in those pics.. same issue I had with Spock.

I will see what I can do with photoshop to help on the Kirk likeness.

Ok here's a quick one:

brash_sts_zps84aced7f.jpg

I pretty much changed the shape of the eyes, thickened the brows, narrowed the whole head, squared the jaw off (he's got a really square jaw), pushed the ears in, flared the top of the hair out, thickened the lips, adjusted the nose and height of the chin. I think it looks better, but at least it's a general direction to go in....

Also, that undershirt (or probably dickie in this case) is showing way too much. it should me minimized as much as possible. Same with Spock. It adds to the weirdness of the neck area if it's that pronounced.

Excellent work on the figure guys, but I agree the sculpt needs to be tweaked. Is there a reason Denny didn't use the sculpt on the first page because when you put these side by side they are/or appear different? I have total faith that Denny and crew will get this perfect, because Denny is that good! Cheers! :duff

I can see Pine in the sculpt but I agree something is amiss.....at $400 a poke not going to purchase Kirk (as stands) which means no Spock either. Perhaps the original cast will get a shot .....:wink1:

Ok here's a quick one:

brash_sts_zps84aced7f.jpg

I pretty much changed the shape of the eyes, thickened the brows, narrowed the whole head, squared the jaw off (he's got a really square jaw), pushed the ears in, flared the top of the hair out, thickened the lips, adjusted the nose and height of the chin. I think it looks better, but at least it's a general direction to go in....

Also, that undershirt (or probably dickie in this case) is showing way too much. it should me minimized as much as possible. Same with Spock. It adds to the weirdness of the neck area if it's that pronounced.

Excellent work on the figure guys, but I agree the sculpt needs to be tweaked. Is there a reason Denny didn't use the sculpt on the first page because when you put these side by side they are/or appear different? I have total faith that Denny and crew will get this perfect, because Denny is that good! Cheers! :duff

Thanks for the feedback guys! Im sure Denny will listen to the comments and improve the sculpt! Thanks!

Maybe I was wrong about the undershirt, but here are some ref pics.
chris-pine-in-star-trek-into-darkness-2013-movie-image4.jpg

trek.png

Last edited:
I do hope Denny et al. tweek this sculpt like the Spock. This is holding me back from ordering Spock, I want BOTH to be near perfect. I will not order one without the other:wave

Back