Im Passing on Rebel Soldiers Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
This guy is a nameless background character, but I would buy him:

I think that the vast majority of the military line will be nameless background extras
If you're responding to my post I didn't actually say "nameless" background extras I said "non-iconic" background extras. Big difference.

Khev said:
If you're responding to my post I didn't actually say "nameless" background extras I said "non-iconic" background extras. Big difference.

I wasn't meaning to respond directly, I guess you just got me thinking about who would be in the line.

:peace

Khev what is up with your signature pic? I dont get it...and yes "its very" big...:cool:

I don't need all 3 but I will pick up the hoodie version. I'm hoping that he will be sold through a retailer so I can save a few bucks since it seems he will not have an exclusive release.

I'll be buying one, the basic soldier.

The old man doesn't appeal to me and the other sculpt with the goatee has a weird face sculpt. His mouth bothers me.

everytime i look at the guy with the goatee i think of the movie Deliverance...."Squeal like a pig, boy."

tomandshell said:

anewhope1kv3.jpg
Me too. I guess we can expect the same treatment for these guys from SS.

Batty said:
Me too. I guess we can expect the same treatment for these guys from SS.

I would hope not because the only difference between them would be the heads. The Endor soldiers had varied costumes but those guy all wore exactly the same thing.

They should just make one and I think it should be that older guy in that very picture since he's the only one really seen on film.

tomandshell said:

anewhope1kv3.jpg

Who is that guy anyway? I'm surprised Luca$Film hasn't come up with some EU name for him already like that Nic Sant dude. Let's call him Tam Sllaf (Mat Falls backwards :lol )
I think that the vast majority of the military line will be nameless background extras--it's all about the cool design of the costume. And I would tend to agree that of all the possible cool costumes from the background military characters of the entire saga, the Endor troopers are possibly the least interesting and distinctive. Heck, even the Coruscant fire fighter looks cooler:

movie_bg.jpg

At least he had some dialogue and was voiced by Ben Burtt so let's call him Neb Ttrub... yeah, I like that name! :rotfl
It seems that they chose the easier to produce character rather than the coolest looking, just to get the line going sooner rather than later. But they are indeed working on clones, so I guess we have to just be patient. They had to start somewhere, and that somewhere was perhaps a bit of a surprise. However, it's good to know that the military line has officially begun. Now I had better not say too much in this thread, because I think I will actually be getting them, even though they weren't my first choice.

Yeah, they have yet to make a droid, a wookie, or another "complicated" character, just easy heads on humanoid bodies.

Count me out on the Three Stooges: Abercrombie, Fitch and Eddie Bauer. I need some new clothes for winter. :D

Gotta ask what is the point of this thread? I mean we already know why many of those passing are passing. Kind of beating the dead horse isn't it? As far as the outreagous price ok whatever. It's not outrageous but hey it's your money so I do what you want. I got the medicom trooper but the price these go for is outrageous so I'm not sure how $60 is that big of a deal.

decadentdave said:
Yeah, I expected that SS cheerleader to post something like that here. Dude, give it up.

I'm just asking a simple question. What's the point? We've talked about this in the Rebel thread already. Not sure what the point of rehasing this part of the subject is. Wasn't trying to start anything. Jeez

Then just let all of us naysayers enjoy our little anti-Endor Combo fun thread and not turn it into a bickering war like the other thread, savvy? Not all of us are pro-SS power-puffs like you.

decadentdave said:
Then just let all of us naysayers enjoy our little anti-Endor Combo fun thread and not turn it into a bickering war like the other thread, savvy? Not all of us are pro-SS power-puffs like you.

Now, c'mon Lads...If you have nothing nice to say....say nothing.

The world would be a better place, if we all abided by that simple rule.:D :monkey3

jlcmsu said:
Gotta ask what is the point of this thread? I mean we already know why many of those passing are passing. Kind of beating the dead horse isn't it? As far as the outreagous price ok whatever. It's not outrageous but hey it's your money so I do what you want. I got the medicom trooper but the price these go for is outrageous so I'm not sure how $60 is that big of a deal.
Maybe we should start a Im getting the Endor Trooper Bundle as soon as it is available thread.:D

Last edited:
Back