IKEA Detolf question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you found a solution to your problem man. All my shelves are open and unfortunately dust is a big problem for me. I usually dust once a week, so it's pretty much a routine now.

Now that there is an open thread about detolfs...Do your detofs sound from time to time as if they were going to crack??? There's not much weight on them, just my Emma and Mary jane comiquettes and I'm thinking it could be the changes of temperature but it got me really worried

Now that there is an open thread about detolfs...Do your detofs sound from time to time as if they were going to crack??? There's not much weight on them, just my Emma and Mary jane comiquettes and I'm thinking it could be the changes of temperature but it got me really worried

I thought it was just me that had that problem, it just randomly makes a noise like something has dropped onto one of the shelf's. I backed off the screws on top of the cabinet a quarter of a turn to give room for expansion and seems to have stopped now. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened! :eek:

I thought it was just me that had that problem, it just randomly makes a noise like something has dropped onto one of the shelf's. I backed off the screws on top of the cabinet a quarter of a turn to give room for expansion and seems to have stopped now. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened! :eek:

I hadn't thought of doing that, thank you!

hey im thinking about picking a couple of these up tomorrow since they will be on sale. i am gonna have to drive about two hours to Atlanta to pick them up and before i did i just had a couple of questions. for those of you that have put weather strip on the case do you still have any dust coming in???? the only reason i ask is i really want to display a older g.i.joe that has the fuzzy beard and hair and i really dont want any dust to get on his head as i dont wanna have to try and clean it and knock some hair out. should i guess im just needing some advice to whether i should pick some up tomorrow or not. thanks guys.

Yes, I still get some dust, but very little. Whenever I open the door, it still smells strongly of new plastic and rubber inside. So there you go.

I am driving two hours to the Charlotte location. I hope they let me pick up more than one. Are the one day sale items easy to find?

I am driving two hours to the Charlotte location. I hope they let me pick up more than one. Are the one day sale items easy to find?

thats what im curious about as well. im not gonna be waking up at 6 in the morning so im gonna call and see. hopefully they will still have some and maybe hold one so i dont drive 2 hours for nothing.

Yeah they still get dust inside but not much. Way better than just leaving them out on the shelf. I need 2 more, only got one and have NOOOO room at all. too cluttered

I could not find anyone to come with me for today's sale. I may pick up one detolf, drop it off at home, and drive back to pick up another (since it's one per customer and IKEA is 15 minutes from my home).

you could buy one, put it in your car...... walk back buy another

That's the ideal plan, yet I'll have to make sure that I can fit both in my small ass car:eek: I drive a cobalt and the back seats don't come down. Once I get the first one in, I'll be able to determine if I can fit the other one comfortably without the possibility of breaking any of the glass panels, due to the weight. Kind of sucks that the only color you can purchase these is in white since all the others I own are black. Still, it would be quite dumb of me to pass up on this deal, man. These things are reasonable enough at regular price. At $20, it's a steal.

i just called and a lady said they have 400 in stock but that they will go pretty fast so im hoping that they wont sell 400 in about three hours. :monkey3

Back