IKEA Detolf question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed that craigslist ad and never received a response.

Bummer :(

I called the nearest IKEA and they said I need to call back on Sunday. The last shipment of the detolfs that they got were on May 8th. I hipe they get them in real soon.

I've been looking on craigslist list haven't had any luck.

SNSGUY

Good luck to you! :hi5:

My friend was also having a problem - he went to Ikea to try and buy a few Detolfs recently and they said that there was a recall on the detolf from their latest batch of cabinets , maybe thats why they are sold out everywhere.

Your friend may be on to something....I can't find an IKEA anywhere in the US that has these in stock...If your in the Philly area and want to sell one, PM me.

My friend was also having a problem - he went to Ikea to try and buy a few Detolfs recently and they said that there was a recall on the detolf from their latest batch of cabinets , maybe thats why they are sold out everywhere.

I just made a 4 hr round trip (and that's just the driving part) to IKEA to buy two detolfs.

They didn't have any due to this recall. And he said they wouldn't have any until at least the first week in August.

To say I felt frustrated is an understatement of the highest order...

I just made a 4 hr round trip (and that's just the driving part) to IKEA to buy two detolfs.

They didn't have any due to this recall. And he said they wouldn't have any until at least the first week in August.

To say I felt frustrated is an understatement of the highest order...

You didn't call ahead to make sure they even had them in stock? :slap

The last time I was there, they had them piled sky high. I didn't think it would be an issue. I did do the stock check on-line, but the feature wasn't working.

Isn't anyone else concerned about this recall? It would be a freaking disaster for the 1:6 community if these weren't made anymore...

What is the "plastic thingy".. I cant make out from the picture what it looks like. What section are they in at home depot?

If u need to put your 1/4 statue u can always raise the shelfs just buy one of those plastic thingy in the picture in home depot and stick it on by double sided tape... pretty simple with a big result . makes your statue looks 10 x better with the proper lighting too..

x1c7k3.jpg

Same here, I need at least 4 more of these.

I called the nearest IKEA and they said I need to call back on Sunday. The last shipment of the detolfs that they got were on May 8th. I hipe they get them in real soon.

I've been looking on craigslist list haven't had any luck.

SNSGUY

Yeah I really hope they haven't discontinued these. I was waiting for the email to confirm they were in stock and I was getting at least two maybe three. :( I'm so sad now.

I'm in the same place. :(

Just sent a long pleading e-mail to IKEA. :lol

Probably wont get a reply.

Can you build it in such a way where the hole is at the bottom so wires for the lights can lead out easier?

Can you build it in such a way where the hole is at the bottom so wires for the lights can lead out easier?

I don't see why not. I can't remember if the very bottom of the cabinet is plain chipboard or laminated. So, if you're going to be able to see the top of your detolf, that might be a consideration.

I've actually got mine sitting on top of a table, so I can't see the top of mine.. but that's a nice idea.

I currently only have the IKEA detolf light in mine.. which I'm keen to actually replace with diode strips.
But I just ran the cabling through the hole and then down one side of the cabinet, using clear tape to hold it in place directly behind one of the arms of the inner metal lining. So that could work for you in reverse...

Hi- Im new to all this and have my own plans, I read about dust, since the only place dust can enter ( I beleive is the top hole easy to cover or around the door)
I was going to use shower screen seal to seal it.£4 to seal the door
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUBBER-P...?pt=UK_Baths_Screens&var=&hash=item4ab847632a

Its clear and can be cut, I will be modifying one to try,

as for lighting I was going to use the 4 strip light dioders from ikea on each shelf ie 4 sets
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00119419/

unless anybody can give me a reason not 2,

My intension is to have the back glass replased by a mirror and have 4 cuts/holes in the glass to pass the cables through, this means there will be next to no cable inside the cabinet and no cables can be seen through the mirror,
a remote controll electric socket ( i have various costing under £10) will be used to power on and off or set up on a timer switch,

some people say 3 statues per shelf, anybody got headnockers, plan was 1 shelf with 5 and 2 with 4, top shelf will be 1:1 endoskull.

Im open to any ideas/ improvements

Billy

just use weather strip its available at lowes or home depot put all corners. i did that now my figures is dust free....

Back