Ignite 1/6 Ninja!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Zatoichi figure screamingmetal refered to. It came with a little booklet that had some production notes and other information in it (in Japanese). It think the figure was licensed through Katsu Shintaro's own company, but I'd have to check. If I can locate it I'll look for any refs that might help you and post them here.

Btw, your shinobi line is going great so far. If I can make a suggestion, please make some costumes in historically accurate colors, like the ones I mentioned in my previous post. Those are the colors most often seen here in Japan. Black looks really cool, but is actually easier to see at night than those other colors, all of which blended much better with darkness and shadow than solid black.

Movie and fantasy ninja figures and are great, but they are already being done by others. Historically accurate ninja figures, on the other hand, are still relatively untouched by figure manufacturers... until now. Thanks for filling the need, and please keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for your support and wish you will like our all coming release figures. If you have any kinds informations sometimes, you can also email us to know or improve our figures too. [email protected]

I don't own any Zatoichi DVDs either, but I looked it up on line and the American versions of the DVDs are produced under license here in the states by Home Vision Entertainment & AnimEigo. AnimEigo's website is:
https://www.animeigo.com/
Maybe they could provide information on the license?

I also looked it up on INDB and it says that the majority of the films were made by Daiei Motion Picture Company and later by Katsu Production Co. Ltd. Toho Company Ltd took over the films and probably currently has the rights to the Zatoichi license. They also have the rights to the Seven Samurai I believe.
Here's Toho's website, maybe Mudshark can translate and find the Zatoichi License info there, or send them an email?
https://www.toho.co.jp/

Great job, screamingmetal. This information should be a good start. I also checked the booklet that came with Alfrex's "Kozure Okami" - "Lone Wolf & Cub" figure... (Wakayama Tomisaburo was Katsu Shintaro's older brother), license credits were given for those movies. One of them was Katsu Production Co., so I'll see what I can find on the Toho link you provided, and start looking for any links I can find to Katsu Productions.

Thanks so much for your support and wish you will like our all coming release figures. If you have any kinds informations sometimes, you can also email us to know or improve our figures too. [email protected]

You're quite welcome, and I'm very much looking forward to your future releases. Thanks for the email link, I'll let you know if I find anything useful regarding the Zattoichi license. :D

The Brown Ninja is showing up on ebay parted out, so he must be shipping now. No word from Cotswold where I have my preorder at.

I pre-ordered mine from Speedmaster (UniToyZone) along with another Asian TrueType, but haven't heard anything either as yet. Should be soon. I love these things. :rock

The Brown Ninja is showing up on ebay parted out, so he must be shipping now. No word from Cotswold where I have my preorder at.

Same here. They're not the fastest when it comes to getting certain figures in stock, but they should come through... you just have to be patient.

Mine has shipped from Cotswold. More ninjas for indy to deal with.

DSC_1167.JPG

He came yesterday. Swapped him over to a TT. Will post some pics later. Only nitpic, he he doesnt come with enough small pieces to fill all the pouches so I bought some more of ebay.

EVIL- Cool pics. Looking forward to pics of him on the TT. That white ninja looks like it could pass for a good Storm Shadow....might have to pick one of those up.

What kind of stock body do these come on? Something similar to a Dragon body? Just curious.

What kind of stock body do these come on? Something similar to a Dragon body? Just curious.

Trust me, you don't wanna know. The bodies are cheap and the heads and hands are horrible. I'm talking worse than Hasbro. They absolutely require a body-swap. In fact, I wish Ignite/Crazy Owners would just start selling the Ninja outfits and equipment without the body at all to save costs... though I do like the nifty boxes they come in,

Incidentally, the bodies/hands on their Samurai figures are much better (though the headsculpts still leave a bit to be desired).

Ha. Thanks for the info guys. They have the white one over at monkeydepot right now... very tempting :naughty. Pretty decent price for a cool looking figure.

DSC_1199.JPG
DSC_1200.JPG

Box art is kinda blah this time around. Outfit is made from the same thin type material the black ninja has.
DSC_1202.JPG
DSC_1203.JPG

Meh, too cartoony looking sculpt and bad paint aps.
DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1211.JPG

Accessories are nice as usual. Having to put the rope ladder together sucks, I won't bother with it.
DSC_1216.JPG

DSC_1215.JPG

DSC_1214.JPG

DSC_1213.JPG

Once on the TT the figure shines. I did a quick repaint of a version 1 Caucasian TT head and gave him a scar. As mentioned earlier he doesn't come with enough spikes n stuff to fill all the open pouches, I have some extras on the way.

Back