If you could, would you choose the sexuality of your child?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What sexuality would you choose for your child?

• I'd choose straight

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • I'd choose gay

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wouldn't choose at all

Votes: 42 53.8%

• Total voters

Nintenjoe

Super Freak
Reaction score
So my friends and I were having a debate and this came up. Hypothetically, if you could choose the sexuality of your child, would you pick straight, gay or would you not choose at all?

Please vote in the poll. All votes are anonymous.

If you want to give any kind of reasoning for your answer go ahead but it certainly isn't necessary.

Why would it be locked? Just trying to have a serious discussion here.

I was going to say that because I thought it was an interesting topic/question, but then I realized that this thread would probably turn into a gigantic fight. Still an interesting question though.

I think before people start saying "in before the lock" a mere seconds after the thread is created, they should perhaps give people a chance to have a civil discussion.

Why would it be locked? Just trying to have a serious discussion here.

. . .this thread would probably turn into a gigantic fight.
This. But I guess we can afford to act optimistically regarding our fellow boardies for the 15 minutes or so it will take for religious conservatives and left leaners to start bashing each others' heads. What are your thoughts Joe, since you started the thread?

I would like biological grandchildren raised by my own kids, in a relationship where both parents are the biological parents. Straight seems the way to go there, but whatever makes them happy, I wouldn't want to make that choice for them.

I think a more interesting discussion might be had in considering where you'd draw the line in choosing anything for your kid... get rid of a cancer gene, why not? But gender? Height? Eye colour? Etc.

I voted option A. While I'm not homophobic there are many who are and I wouldn't want my child being bullied (or worse) for being gay. I'm not religious either so the 'playing god' thing has no part in my thinking.

If I ever had a daughter, I'd want her to be a Lesbian so I wouldn't have to worry about early pregnancies or fighting off boyfriends.......

If I had children, I would choose for them to be Kryptonian mixed with skrull dna, so they can be impervious to damage while also having the capability to shapeshift.

I'm really curious to hear the argument for someone that would choose for their own child to be a homosexual. Because there is that bullying issue, there is also the issue of your biological genes not being passed down. I can get not wanting to choose--to let nature take its course--but to choose to make your child gay. . .what is the logic?

I'm really curious to hear the argument for someone that would choose for their own child to be a homosexual. Because there is that bullying issue, there is also the issue of your biological genes not being passed down. I can get not wanting to choose--to let nature take its course--but to choose to make your child gay. . .what is the logic?

I think its quite obvious. Hal Jordan was gay. There hoping their children will be picked as the successor to enter the green lantern corp.

And thats all the moral complexity we need here at a toy and statue forum.

This. But I guess we can afford to act optimistically regarding our fellow boardies for the 15 minutes or so it will take for religious conservatives and left leaners to start bashing each others' heads. What are your thoughts Joe, since you started the thread?

I would choose straight. I have my reasons but it has nothing to do with homophobia or anything like that. Gay or straight, I'll treat you the same.

Being gay is becoming more and more acceptable as the years go on, I wouldn't be concerned about bullying, and if my child adopts any of my hobbies, self defense wouldn't be an issue at all. I could go either way with a boy, but with a girl, I feel like those teen years would be the hardest dealing with boyfriends and potential pregnancies. That would be me being selfish in that aspect :D

I just want my daughter to enjoy her childhood and make that decision for herself when she becomes an adult. I find the premature sexualisation of children, especially young girls far more worrying. That's why I like the fact my daughter hates One direction and prefers the Beatles

Last edited:
^^So you think it's a decision, Dinolast?

Being gay is becoming more and more acceptable as the years go on, I wouldn't be concerned about bullying

I fear you perceive the world as being more progressive than it actually is. . .but yes, things are different now than they were 40 years ago or whatever. I think eventually we'll reach the point where it won't occur overtly in most places. But I wonder if the prejudice and stigma will ever go away completely.

with a girl, I feel like those teen years would be the hardest dealing with boyfriends and potential pregnancies. That would be me being selfish in that aspect :D
Well. . .that's a reason :lol

Back