$ide$how tells you what you're thought of

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
Personally I find this "joke" and the poll a bit condescending to us collectors. Its like SS is saying "Hey, you think our choices are bad, how about this."

Yeah, the timing of it too, with so many collectors frustrated over the choices SSC has made and the long wait for figures they want when all the SW stuff is being pumped out didn't help.

It just wasn't very funny this year...:monkey4

It's probably their way of getting even for all the crap they've had to endure on this board throughout the year(not that they don't deserve a majority of it). I think it's funny as hell. Sadistic, but funny.:rotfl

Anyone see this posted on the SSC site today?

Our Customer Service Department will be closed this Friday, March 30th from noon until 4 PM for an in-house educational seminar, which will include telecommunication anger management, priority pre-order grief counseling and cubicle combat training. We hope to soon be implementing our new found skills to our customers' benefit. All e-mail and phone messages will be returned end of day Friday and Monday morning. Have a great holiday weekend!

I wonder if some of this recent backlash is more than I thought or just another April fools diddy. You know what they say, where's there's smoke...

Aimee, just want ya to know I luv ya kid!

pjam said:
Yeah, the timing of it too, with so many collectors frustrated over the choices SSC has made and the long wait for figures they want when all the SW stuff is being pumped out didn't help.

It just wasn't very funny this year...:monkey4

It's not funny right now because we're only getting the first half, but after April fools, wouldn't it be a great relief if they announced like ANH Obi-Wan or Han Solo or some big figure(s) many have been waiting to hear of since the line started, I'm holding out that this is likely to be a setup, a game of cat and mouse, they know we're on the edges of our seats waiting to hear of certain things, and they'll have a little fun, but when they finally unleash our dream figures, we'll be rewarded.

Personally I thought the joke was friggin' hilarious. Much better than last years.

Wor-Gar said:
Personally I find this "joke" and the poll a bit condescending to us collectors. Its like SS is saying "Hey, you think our choices are bad, how about this."
I can't say I blame them, dealing with Star Wars collectors can be an exasperating experience. They tend to have a deeply rooted sense of entitlement and want all of their demands met yesterday. When they say "Jump!" you better say "How High?!" or there's hell to pay.

Ironman1188 said:
Swell, now another one wants to start. :rolleyes:
You're right. I'm wrong. Sideshow is friggin great!! NO company could ever compare to them. I enjoy what they made and hope that tomorrow the factory blows up and all you $tar War$ kissasses, never get a Darth Vader or Boba Fett just so you can be told, Hey!! ya got Salacios F'n Crumb.
I already apologized for falling for the joke, but I'm not gonna take the $ide$how lackeys jumping all over me.

you're taking the failure of certain 1/6th lines too personal. as a fellow collector, i know how frustrating it can be that my favorite stuff isn't made(like anything from "superman the movie", ...what's up with that?) but you gotta remember, sideshow is a business. and yes, it is all about the money.

star wars stuff sells.
x-files, POTA, etc... warms the shelf.
it's that simple.

Even if it wasn't an April fools joke, I could see sideshow creating some dumb star wars line like this.......

customizerwannabe said:
Just read it for the first time. How could anyone in their right mind think that was real?:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
After Salacious Crumb, seperately sold Maul droids and no name Endor soldiers? It didn't seem so very far fetched. That and having been up for a couple of days between work and rushing my son to the hospital, I sat down to go thru my emails when I got home. The first was the newsletter and, being as I couldn't access the poll to actually see the choices....
Well, there you have it. I'm now not in my right mind. I apologize [yet again] for being duped. Its such a shame we can't all be mindless $tar War$ fans who are obviously better than everyone else [in their oiwn minds]

I admit that I was taken for a couple seconds. If any of you say you weren't at least 1/2 wondering for a second you are liars.

Iron, I hope your kid is doing ok.

I admit that I was taken for a couple seconds. If any of you say you weren't at least 1/2 wondering for a second you are liars.

Sure, it sounded plausible for the first paragraph or so, but then it seemed that they were trying to let us off the hook by making it seem less and less plausible. By the time I was at the end, I was laughing.:rotfl

Darth Loki said:
A better joke would've been announcing a Kurgan or new PotA figure :rotfl
No, they know better, that kind of Joke would be the end of them. They would literally be mocking their customers.
And incur the wrath of the F'n Kurgan Krusade.

Back