$ide$how tells you what you're thought of

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
...They would literally be mocking their customers.
And incur the wrath of the F'n Kurgan Krusade.

Not really. They don't have the highlander license so therefore anyone who likes the F'n Kurgan isn't their customer. :monkey5

Agent0028 said:
Is your son okay Ironman?

Ditto.

I would truly hope his son's ok if he's starting threads and posting in forums, that'd be my least priority if my child were in a serious matter. Best wishes to him for a smooth recovery from whatever troubles him.

Ironman1188 said:
After Salacious Crumb, seperately sold Maul droids and no name Endor soldiers? It didn't seem so very far fetched. That and having been up for a couple of days between work and rushing my son to the hospital, I sat down to go thru my emails when I got home. The first was the newsletter and, being as I couldn't access the poll to actually see the choices....
Well, there you have it. I'm now not in my right mind. I apologize [yet again] for being duped. Its such a shame we can't all be mindless $tar War$ fans who are obviously better than everyone else [in their oiwn minds]

Let's leave Josh out of this. :lol

Ironman you are a true soldier for all of us wanting Sideshow to return to the lines (if even for a pitance of figures) that made us happy for so many years!!!

Who cares if you were overzealous!!! F'it, you are the grand emperor of the Mighty Ape Army!!! **** 'em!!!

While I don't mean to offend Ironman or anyone, PotA is dead for a reason. Sideshow screwed up! They made too many figures too quickly and too many variants of Taylor. Sure the Ape line had more potential, but it just wasn't making the money it needed to live.

The X-Files, a line that I got ever figure released, had a similar fate just due to lack of support. Am I sad to see that line dead, you bet, but I'm still a Star Wars fan so I'm OK.

I know not everyone is a Star Wars fan and they are getting sick of all of the Star Wars announcements. Well, I'm not a Buffy fan and I had to put up with all of the Buffy stuff in its hay-day. Just give it time. Star Wars will slow down and Sideshow will work on more things. Its just they way Sideshow seems to work - make a ton of stuff quickly and then slowly draw back and eventually kill the line. Star Wars may or may not anytime in the next century, but it will certainly take up less attention as time goes on.

And I hope that this "new line" is a April fools joke because if it is true, even I would probably stop being a completist. You gotta admit that if we can't really tell if it is a joke or not makes it an even funnier joke. :lol

Ironman1188 said:
Whew!
What a relief. Now they can keep their full attention on the FIVE real lines they've dedicated to $tar War$.

I still don't get people being so bitter over Sideshow making Star Wars items. Sideshow is a company and is in this to make money. Besides switching the Darkness PF to a safer, lighter ABS plastic ... which I hear is in the works ... the next best means of making money is to produce what people want to buy. If people want to buy Star Wars, then so be it.

I will not make fun of the PoTA line, because they were very well done figures. However, for a property that has been dead LONG before Burton gave it a go, you got a lot of figures ... a lot. I can understand wanting more, but if there's no money in it for SSC, then it's silly to fault them. "No make my figures, and go out of business ... and let them eat cake ... hmpf!" I am pissed I will never get a Wesley, Charles Gunn, or Fred ... not to mention the Lone Gunmen. But, I understand the decision by Sideshow. I don't agree, but I understand. And, that's pretty much how it has to be.

HOWEVER, I do wish they would show a little more attention to LOTR. It's still strong and alive ... but without support, we might never get to finish the Fellowship.

P.S. King .... breath big fella' .... breath ...

Well, the Buffy figures never flowed like honey...

But it is amazing to me that people are so quick to criticize when only Sideshow was adventurous enough to try these lines in the first place. Hogan's Heroes, Twilight Zone, etc. - none were sure things, yet they at least made a try at it. Everyone is an Monday morning creative director when it comes to which lines should get support, which characters should get made, but if a line doesn't sell - it can't continue. That's just a fact of business.

I thought this was serious...

But then again I thought of Extras as chess-set, training droids and all the extra stuff they could make...

Thanks to all. My son is doing much better. I probably, in retrospect, should have rested when I got home instead of trying to catch up on emails. OOps.
I got some sleep and promise I will try not to be so testy today.
I know $tar War$ sells and they killed many other lines.
I am grateful for what we were able to get. I would like $tar War$ fans to be honest and answer a question. Planet of the Apes was killed by $ide$how by too many figures too quickly. Amongst them too many Taylors and no Landon, Dodge..well you get the picture. Buffy suffered much the same fate. Too many Buffy's and Spikes while fans waited forever for Giles and "key" character Cordy wasn't delivered until the Angel line. My question, while you still may have bought them, would the $tar War$ line be doing as well if they had just offered their 3rd or 4th Luke and no sign of Leia or Han was in site? Not even a mention? Remember I said be honest.
I know they took a chance on a lot of their early lines, hell Happy Days is still on a shelf. :D What just seems somewhat odd to me is that a company will take such chances in its infancy but not take a chance on a line that they know there are still fans of. Admittedly, maybe not as many as they would like or as many as $tar War$, but hardcore fans nonetheless. A tip of the hat to them for years of buying product may be a good [or at least decent] move.
Like DouglasMcc said he's still happy because he's a $tar War$ fan. So was I. But to see only attention pushed in that direction leaves me little hope that Sideshow will be a place for 1:6 collectors soon. I have many figures from $ide$how. I started with Buffy, the Gentleman, Frankenstein, then moved on into the Platoon, Universal Monsters, Twilight Zone, Hogan's Heroes, Outer Limits, Planet of the Apes, Hellboy, Bond, Highlander, Scarface, Ermey, John Wayne. I have some of their military figures too. I really did buy most all their 1:6. Of course, I'm only one person. But now this is one person who went from a line of figures to choose from to being force to choose a figure from ONE line.
End of rant. Apologies extended again for yesterday.

The trouble too is that there may be a large following for the non Star Wars lines in these forums, but truly, how many people is that, could you gather a list of more than even 500 people. I'm sure Sideshow makes editions of 1000 plus because they need it to balance out costs and all, so just because the forums are full of supporters doesn't mean there's enough worldwide demand to keep it going. Star Wars made collecting, they were a pioneer, and the spirit that started it has kept it going for 30 years, but other properties don't necessarily have a large enough collectibles buying community to support merchandise.

A valid point MaulFan. However I'm sure there are more fans for the other lines than those that frequent here. Which brings up another failing point on $ide$how's behalf. NO advertising for Buffy. None for POTA. You can't get to the outside customers if they don't know what you're selling.

DouglasMcc said:
Sorry, that was a little aside for King. Didn't mean to scare everyone :monkey3

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for thinking of me.

I'll buy if its made out of macaroni noodles:D

To answer Ironman's question, no I don't think the line would be doing as well if we had been getting mulitiple Lukes and no Hans, Leias, etc. Although there are thoughs that argue this is happening. Now we're going to have 2 Lukes and two Leias, but no Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, etc. Instead we are getting random things like Chess sets and Endor Troops. When I look at it that way, it does seem very similar to the way PotA and Buffy were handeled (obviously not exactly, but similar). I think Sideshow needs a few more big characters like Vader soon or people really will start to lose interest in the line.

Although I didn't collect Buffy or PotA, I do feel for you guys. I was an X-Files fan and that line seem to die too early as well. What can you do right? :eek:

Back