Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Spidey was Released as a PF in 1/4 scale and then as a comiquette in 1/4 scale, so what happened there?

There are a lot of new SSC collectors now than there was in 2006, so there is a lot of new money on the table, and if it takes a 1/4 scale Spidey to get people to take the leap into the world of 1/4 scale high end collecting why wouldn't they?

If I had to guess on who SSC would be tackling next in the X-Men PF line, my bet is on Ms. Ororo Munroe.

SSC has said that they will be doing a Storm PF in the future, but not before she "gets some love" in comiquette form - which means 1/5 scale comiquette. :pfft:

But Spidey was Released as a PF in 1/4 scale and then as a comiquette in 1/4 scale, so what happened there?

Venom and Carnage could not be made into PFs. They were made to be part of a 3 piece set of statues right from the start. Of course they were going to all be in the same scale. If Venom and Carnage weren't a part of the original set then SSC most definitely would have made the Spidey comiquette 1/5 scale. Spidey was not a stand alone piece. That is the ONLY reason the Spidey comiquette is in 1/4 scale. Why is Hobgoblin in 1/5 scale? Because he isn't a part of this set. That's the main problem with the comiquette line. Be it 1/4 or 1/5, SSC needs to pick a scale and stick with it.

Really? Venom and Carnage? I'm not sure that combo makes for the Holy Trinity of Marvel Collectibles...

Maybe Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America...

Not Venom and Carnage.

I agree with you 100%. Iron Man, Cap, and Thor are the conerstones of the Avengers and the marvel U. Add Spidey, Hulk, the X-men, and the FF all before Venom and Carnage in terms of importance to the marvel U. Hell, those 2 aren't even 2 of the more important villains in the marvel U. Doom, Apocalypse, Magnteto, and Green Goblin all rate over Venom and Carnage IMHO.

I agree with you 100%. Iron Man, Cap, and Thor are the conerstones of the Avengers and the marvel U. Add Spidey, Hulk, the X-men, and the FF all before Venom and Carnage in terms of importance to the marvel U. Hell, those 2 aren't even 2 of the more important villains in the marvel U. Doom, Apocalypse, Magnteto, and Green Goblin all rate over Venom and Carnage IMHO.

I meant on how the statues look :)

I meant on how the statues looked :)

I didn't disagree with you laudel. If you look at my last post I knew then that you were talking about how the pieces look. I also agree with you that Venom and Carnage are ridiculously good sculpts.

Exactly. The Holy Trilogy of Marvel Collectibles

lex-luthor-wrong.jpg

The Marvel Holy Trinity is and always will be: Doctor Doom Premium Format, Gray Hulk Premium Format and X-Men vs. Sentinel #1 Diorama.

I didn't disagree with you laudel. If you look at my last post I knew then that you were talking about how the pieces look. I also agree with you that Venom and Carnage are ridiculously good sculpts.

I know dude :1-1:

lex-luthor-wrong.jpg

The Marvel Holy Trinity is and always will be: Doctor Doom Premium Format, Gray Hulk Premium Format and X-Men vs. Sentinel #1 Diorama.

& here I thought it was the Emma Frost PF, Emma Frost PF & who could forget the Emma Forst PF, silly me.
:slap

Emma is in a class all of her own. Her classmates love her though:

bratzmagichairdoll.jpg

Back