Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iceman Comm threads merged.

merged.gif

x :wave

Just give me the clean headed looking Iceman and it doesn't matter to what scale the make him. Hopefully we can get the clear resin on him as well kinda like the ex from Bowen.

If so then he wont match Beast, Angel, Colossus or Nightcrawler.

So why?

He's a com not a PF. X-men PF = 1/4 / X-Men Com = 1/5, live with it.

For the record, I really don't care for the Ice Man character so I have no stake in the scale of this piece Nova. However, SSC has shown that when a character doesn't lend itself to be made as a PF, then SSC usually releases the character as a 1/4 scale comiquette.

We will most likely never see a Carnage, Venom, Silver Surfer, or Iron Man PF. That is why they were released as 1/4 scale comiquettes. Ice Man falls into this category. How do you make him as a PF? Most likely that's why he will be released as a 1/4 comiquette.

This is the mess SSC has left comiquette collectors with because they can't pick a consistent scale for it's comiquette line. If SSC wants 1/5 coms then make them all 1/5. If it's 1/4 scale then make them all 1/4. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

For the record, I really don't care for the Ice Man character so I have no stake in the scale of this piece Nova. However, SSC has shown that when a character doesn't lend itself to be made as a PF, then SSC usually releases the character as a 1/4 scale comiquette.

We will most likely never see a Carnage, Venom, Silver Surfer, or Iron Man PF. That is why they were released as 1/4 scale comiquettes. Ice Man falls into this category. How do you make him as a PF? Most likely that's why he will be released as a 1/4 comiquette.

This is the mess SSC has left comiquette collectors with because they can't pick a consistent scale for it's comiquette line. If SSC wants 1/5 coms then make them all 1/5. If it's 1/4 scale then make them all 1/4. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

:goodpost:

From your mouth to Sideshow's ears. :pray:

(WE PRAY) Most likely that's why he will be released as a 1/4 comiquette.

This is the mess SSC has left collectors with because they can't pick a consistent scale for it's Marvel line. If SSC wants 1/5 coms then make them all 1/5. If it's 1/4 scale then make them all 1/4. I don't think that is too much to ask for.
Amen to that...seriously, they screwed the pooch on the X-Men by splitting scales while releasing them in comiquette and PF at the same time.

Its true that by splitting th scales for the X-Men some collectors are gonna be angry.

I want this as 1/5 to match my 1/5 x-men comiquettes, while 1/4 PF x-men owners want him 1/4 to match them.

So either way there will be inconsistency, it's just that the 1/4 Nazi's are more vocal than the 1/5 collectors

Its true that by splitting th scales for the X-Men some collectors are gonna be angry.
I want this as 1/5 to match my 1/5 x-men comiquettes, while 1/4 PF x-men owners want him 1/4 to match them.
So either way there will be inconsistency, it's just that the 1/4 Nazi's are more vocal than the 1/5 collectors

Did you ever think that there are not that many 1/5th collectors? More power to you that you collect 1/5th; if you like that scale that is cool. But the fact is Sideshow screwed up by splitting scales and ignored the overwhelming majority of fans who want them to stick to 1/4th.

You don't see many (if any) posts of people saying, "I will pass on this if it is 1/4th" but look at the amount of people passing if it is 1/5th. Sideshow has lost over $2k from me alone because they decided to go 1/5th (Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Nick Fury, Daredevil, Psylocke com). I was really happy that they made a Psylocke PF.

I collect 1/5 and a lot of others do, they just dont feel the need to _____ about 1/4, like the 1/4 or fail lot do!

If people like kibishii have dismissed all of those statues based on scale alone then they aren't real x-men statue collectors, 1/5 or not some of those statues are awesome.

I collect 1/5 and a lot of others do, they just dont feel the need to _____ about 1/4, like the 1/4 or fail lot do!

If people like kibishii have dismissed all of those statues based on scale alone then they aren't real x-men statue collectors, 1/5 or not some of those statues are awesome.

:lol You're exactly right, I am not a real X-Men statue collector because I want my high-end collection to be in a consistent scale instead of looking like a mixed up endcap like the super hero section at Toys R' Us.

Dude, if you like 1/5th or mixed displays, more power to you; I never said some of them don't look great. Nick Fury and Angel are really nice statues, but would look silly in a 1/4th Marvel display. Like it or not, the vast majority of collectors on these boards feel the same. I love how the 1/5th crowd always resorts to insults when someone points that out.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95035&highlight=scale

:wink1: If there are so many real X-Men 1/5th scale collectors, please, buy up all of the X-Men 1/5th that are sitting In-Stock or still available for preorder with small edition sizes. I will stay with the nonreal X-Men collectors whose 1/4th statues are all sold out even with higher ES. Here, let me help you guys out if you missed them:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000921
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001061
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001231
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001181

The 1/5th vs. 1/4th debate:
demotivational-posters-the-neverending-story.jpg

if you limit yourself to only 1/4th scale, you are going to miss out on some very great stuff... jus saying.

Back