I sold my Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust to China? That's news to me!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how has this affected the price of the legit busts? I haven't been around in a while, but i'm going to be betting rid of my 1:1 busts... what should i even ask for a color ardeth bey now?

So how has this affected the price of the legit busts? I haven't been around in a while, but i'm going to be betting rid of my 1:1 busts... what should i even ask for a color ardeth bey now?

I would love to buy an Ardeth Bey 1:1 Scale Color Bust but I am too spooked by finding my own edtion number that I still own out there for sale to buy one for now.

Nick

And i figured that would have some impact on it... I just have no idea what these things have been going for, was hoping you guys would have some info...

I saw one (american seller) go for around $1,500 on eBay a couple of months back. I remember thinking that was a bit low, considering it was selling for $2,500ish last year. Guess it's a mix of the economy and recasters.

Jor---why are you selling them off? Just curious. I sold mine too.....but its been awhile. I got $600 for Frankenstein and over 2 grand for the Ardeth Bey.

Well, we moved... upsized the house, so the kids rooms got bigger, but my room got smaller. I just don't feel like owning them if they're just gonna be boxed up in the basement...

look at the "13"s on mosters bust and box and then the "13" on the ebay bust, looks like the same guy did them all.

Maybe the are both recasts, or both legit :dunno

crazy.

most probability is that sideshow has produced more than just limited pieces if not how to fillfull the market need. And imagine if sideshow only produced 15, what is their profit margin to substain their business. I believe they have made more than 15 pieces but rather using the 15 limited as a marketing tool and everyone buy. Maybe you will find 3 or 10 pieces got the same number you never know what all is orginal from sideshow

most probability is that sideshow has produced more than just limited pieces if not how to fillfull the market need. And imagine if sideshow only produced 15, what is their profit margin to substain their business. I believe they have made more than 15 pieces but rather using the 15 limited as a marketing tool and everyone buy. Maybe you will find 3 or 10 pieces got the same number you never know what all is orginal from sideshow

Thats against the law, its called fraud. To say there are only 15 numbered pieces, and there are really more is decption. If they made over 15--they were artists proofs or replacements in case any were damaged. They certainly werent numbered. Once the fullfillments were made---any others as a business practice are always destroyed. To suggest SSC made 20 #3's of an Ardeth Bey bust so they could create artificial demand yet fulfill market desires is assinine.

The crap thats floating around out there are re-casts. Period. Sideshow doesnt give a rat's behind about filling the market demand as you presented in your straw man's argument. They offer pieces that are intentionally limited to watch the values escalate on the secondary market and garner a reputation of having items that always escalate in value.

Re-casters are bottom feeding parasites that attempt to destroy that reputation by dumpster diving, making extras at the factory, or reverse engineering the clothing and re-casting the item in question. They are the frauds. Fraud is a serious offense investigated by the FBI. Do you doubt it?

Take a look at all the clothing, watch,shoe, and purse manufacturers whose brand labels are ripped off by shoddy sweat shops. They are arrested all the time for selling fakes. Eventually the re-casters of limited editions will be investigated and their respective days will come.

Are you a re-caster?

As a matter of fact---many of Sideshow's later Universal offerings never even made it to numbers fulfillment. One example for certain is the Dracula and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman dioramas. They never even made it to the 250 or whatever it was---because they didnt sell enough, so Sideshow didnt produce all the production run. To suggest they are making more---when the demand for Universal Monsters just wasnt there is a really stupid statement.:slap

Are you a re-caster?

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Thats against the law, its called fraud. To say there are only 15 numbered pieces, and there are really more is decption. If they made over 15--they were artists proofs or replacements in case any were damaged. They certainly werent numbered. Once the fullfillments were made---any others as a business practice are always destroyed. To suggest SSC made 20 #3's of an Ardeth Bey bust so they could create artificial demand yet fulfill market desires is assinine.

The crap thats floating around out there are re-casts. Period. Sideshow doesnt give a rat's behind about filling the market demand as you presented in your straw man's argument. They offer pieces that are intentionally limited to watch the values escalate on the secondary market and garner a reputation of having items that always escalate in value.

Re-casters are bottom feeding parasites that attempt to destroy that reputation by dumpster diving, making extras at the factory, or reverse engineering the clothing and re-casting the item in question. They are the frauds. Fraud is a serious offense investigated by the FBI. Do you doubt it?

Take a look at all the clothing, watch,shoe, and purse manufacturers whose brand labels are ripped off by shoddy sweat shops. They are arrested all the time for selling fakes. Eventually the re-casters of limited editions will be investigated and their respective days will come.

Are you a re-caster?

As a matter of fact---many of Sideshow's later Universal offerings never even made it to numbers fulfillment. One example for certain is the Dracula and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman dioramas. They never even made it to the 250 or whatever it was---because they didnt sell enough, so Sideshow didnt produce all the production run. To suggest they are making more---when the demand for Universal Monsters just wasnt there is a really stupid statement.:slap

How is what he's suggesting really too much of stretch of the international edition nonsense they've been pulling lately? For the record, I don't think Sideshow asked for more than 15 to be produced. However, I do think more than 15 ended up being produced over there...

This really sucks Nick...
I hope it gets sorted out...
Maybe it's a rejected one, and instead of destroying it, the chinese factory sold it?...
Even worse, it could be a color version re-painted?... :dunno

This really sucks Nick...
I hope it gets sorted out...
Maybe it's a rejected one, and instead of destroying it, the chinese factory sold it?...
Even worse, it could be a color version re-painted?... :dunno

Or they have the molds and are producing their own. Some of these recasts, especially the one in question, look way to nice to be cheap replicas.

My reply I got from Sideshow Collectibles Re The Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the fraudulent item that is currently listed on ebay. I would like to confirm that we are currently investigating this matter. I can also confirm that we are aware that you are the in possession of the real Ardeth Bay Silver Screen Life Size Bust #13. Our legal team has been notified and we will continue to look into this matter on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience and your cooperation. There is, unfortunately no way for us to maintain a watchful eye on all these types of auctions and your alerts to these fraudulent cases are very helpful. Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

(805) 214-2116 Office • (805) 214-2190 Fax
In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

How is what he's suggesting really too much of stretch of the international edition nonsense they've been pulling lately? For the record, I don't think Sideshow asked for more than 15 to be produced. However, I do think more than 15 ended up being produced over there...

The thing I took issue with was his suggestion that there are a variety of different pieces carrying the same number, and ES is a contrived bogus ploy. In other words Ardeth Bey color has 100 es. He suggests something to the effect that there are 20 numbered #1, 15 numbered #2, etc.....that's complete bullcrap. He then goes on to say that no one would ever know. In the information age. Where people all over the globe communicate. And register their item and its number on this forum. But they'd never compare notes?

SSC make artists proofs for the production teams that work on the items, and a small percentage to cover breakage. Then the numbered edition is offered to we, the collectors. Thats why SSC wants proof that if they are going to replace a piece that the piece they are replacing is destroyed. They require video of the item being destroyed or the item returned. They have a reputation to protect.

For some jackass to come on here and cover/cast a glint of legitimacy on re-casters by spouting "Sideshow numbers their pieces falsely to cover market demand" is ridiculous. Whether or not its intentional or done in ignorance~~ its being said will only continue to perpetuate the belief that all this fake @$$ stuff on ebay is the real deal. Because, according to the poster, SSC is just involved in an unethical numbering practice. Thats why there are numeration discrepancies. Not because of recasters. Try to think of it this way---would you wanna buy a fake autograph, and then have some hack who sides with the forger try to convince you its real? Its an insult to your intelligence. Which is what I felt like this fella was doing by presenting the SSC is a fraud argumentative.

If they pulled this crap--they'd already be out of business by now.:slap

My reply I got from Sideshow Collectibles Re The Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the fraudulent item that is currently listed on ebay. I would like to confirm that we are currently investigating this matter. I can also confirm that we are aware that you are the in possession of the real Ardeth Bay Silver Screen Life Size Bust #13. Our legal team has been notified and we will continue to look into this matter on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience and your cooperation. There is, unfortunately no way for us to maintain a watchful eye on all these types of auctions and your alerts to these fraudulent cases are very helpful. Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

(805) 214-2116 Office • (805) 214-2190 Fax
In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

Nick ~~~ That's great! I hope they take the re-casters down.:clap:clap

Back