I sold my Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust to China? That's news to me!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now that I think about it, I think ebay would have to make the call to pull the listing. If I can help Sideshow put a stop to recasters in any way, I will. Like I stated before, I have the original box with the original shipping sticker on it from Sideshow Collectibles.

Nick

Per the VERO program, Sideshow needs to contact them, provide proof that they're the makers of it and have ebaY take it down.

Unfortunately it's really hard to do anything about this. They get away with it because they're international and far out of reach. Sideshow I'm sure has tried to do things in the past but it would cost a ton in legal fees to pursue.

If anyone can do something about it and put and end to this illegal reproduction of products more power to you!!! You would be a hero.

I myself am scared of getting ripped off one day and I know a few other guys that have. It just sucks!!!!

Look at the "13"s on Mosters bust and box and then the "13" on the ebay bust, looks like the same guy did them all.

Maybe the are both recasts, or both legit :dunno

Crazy.

I want to know more about this program. Would it be up to me to contact them about this issue? Or Sideshow Collectibles?

It has to be the company who produced the product and/or has the license. Otherwise, to ebaY, your report is just hearsay as the seller could file a counter claim for the same thing stating you have the recast and he has the original. Sideshow doesn't have the license anymore and I highly doubt the current company who owns the license even cares but they did produce the product so they're the ones with the best bet of having it taken down. Though I'm beginning to think, given the product was removed and license let go, they can't be bothered with it.

they cannot both be legit there is NO WAY.

I'm not saying they are both from Sideshow, but likely both from the same factory. Look at the numbers, a little to similar to be coincidence. Especially the number on your box and on the ebay bust.

Thats crazy.

$%28KGrHqV,%21hME3vhJk%21G-BOI7,41IIQ%7E%7E0_12.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good point King; that is a very unique looking 3, so either someone knew what the numbers looked like on all of these pieces and was able to replicate them... or its the same person.

For a second I wondered if someone was just using a picture they found of the 13/15 bust... but does look like they are slightly different.

Look at the "13"s on Mosters bust and box and then the "13" on the ebay bust, looks like the same guy did them all.

Maybe the are both recasts, or both legit :dunno

Crazy.

I highly doubt that these are both recasts. One of these has to be legit Sideshow Collectibles does NOT sell recasts! In all my years of collecting and buying Sideshow Collectibles, I have NEVER BEFORE encountered my own edition number that I still own out there for sale. This is the 1st and only time that this kind of thing has happened to me.

Nick

Last edited:
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but this seller is same seller that has sold (6 or so) 1:1 Marvel Thing busts in the past year to year +. The edition size was 150 and sold out umpteen years ago. The odds that this seller decided to stock pile and sell them all at once are what? 0.1% and that's being generous I think. And I'm sure they've got more to sell because they just sold another a week or so ago.

Everything is circumstantial in terms of 'are they or aren't they,' but when you look at this seller's track record on Ebay and the number of 'grails' they've sold in the last year or two.....This seller is either the most business savy collector I'm ever met with buying resources out the 'yin yang' or someone is not being totally honest. And based on some posts that 'ComputerFly' has made about this seller, I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

I really have a hard time understanding why people cannot understand the concept that fakes of these are out there, SSC knows about them and has not/cannot do anything about it, and the price of the originals will be hurt due to this. Recasts are just that....fakes. I am an old pro on this topic.

I went to a Wonderfest many moons ago. While I was there I met Mike Hill selling his gorgeous Lon Chaney and Wolfman two figure kit. Not two tables over there was a re-caster selling inferior versions of the same kit (that would be a recast) for half the price. And Mike Hill was standing in the room where his work was being ripped off.

Its been going on since the resin model craze which started all of this collecting in the first place. its gotten better--but its still a crime, and the products are still inferior.

Its easy to spot if you've seen an original. Not so much if you havent. If it isnt stopped, the waters are going to be so muddied, the secondary market will die on these pieces because folks wont wanna risk buying a phoney baloney pile of excrement.

These are a little more complex than a simple recast, considering all of the packing materials and soforth also appear to be accurate. This is dangerous!

This guy who is doing it must deem it worth the risks. Having been in China, I can tell you that you can feed a lot of people for $1.500. The factories my company are using have lines out in front every day of people wanting a job.

It's not unlikely that the same company that made the original samples also are making these recasts or somebody who worked there got hold of a prototype that was sold to this recaster. That is unfortunately the risk of producing in China, chinese bootleg products happens to a lot of companies.

It's almost impossible to get at these swindlers, because of the size of the country. The only way to stop them for a while is to close their stores at ebay or at toy fairs. If you go to the annual toyfair in Nuremberg, Germany you can see the proper products in the big halls and the go to a smaller hall and see chinese and indian copies.

Being an owner of a colour Ardeth Bey bust that I bought second hand for a lot of money (from somebody in the US, which makes me a little less worried...) I'm afraid that I have added to this recast business. There's a demand, then copies will happen. Just look at all the Hulk PF prizes and that statue pops up at sellers from china quite frequent.

If I ever want to resell (which I won't) I may not get the prize I once payed for it, but it doestn't matter I will not let these swindlers destroy my love of my favorite Sideshow collectible.

A real shame. Actually, this effects the whole collecting community.

Just checked some of his other listings. He sells SSC 12" Zombies, the earlier ones, for $99. Of some, he has 5 -6 pieces! Con exclusives. I don't get it.

Back