I sold my Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE Bust to China? That's news to me!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow not do anything nobody else will do. Maybe Sideshow sponsor him. Better if him make AP only nobody can claim him to make copy. I have Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE formyself so I just wait to see my number will come up for sale. Have you got any explains from Sideshow how this is possible for myself I think they are made from the orginal form thats my feeling.

Looks like the Asian recasting market has decided to copy Hot Toys figures too. All the way down to the packaging.

21608d1313756926-fake-wolverines-prowl-hot-toys-x-men-originswolverine-heads-comparison.jpg

21607d1313756926-fake-wolverines-prowl-hot-toys-x-men-originswolverine-boxes-comparison.jpg

full story:
https://www.figures.com/forums/news/13863-fake-wolverines-prowl.html

There's a company being carried in TRU that sell mass produced HT recasts on their True Heroes 10" military figures. I've recognized HT's Prison Break Michael, their John Connor, Sam Jackson and Beckham sculpts on the figures. :lol

Here's the Michael Scofield recast :lol:

7405880_raw.jpg

Last edited:
The Chinese copy everything from toys to big machines it seen also that they copy them self because they are so many people.

If Sideshow not do anything nobody else will do. Maybe Sideshow sponsor him. Better if him make AP only nobody can claim him to make copy. I have Ardeth Bey 1:1 SSE formyself so I just wait to see my number will come up for sale. Have you got any explains from Sideshow how this is possible for myself I think they are made from the orginal form thats my feeling.

No Explanations from Sideshow Collectibles or ebay as to how this is possible or what they are doing about it. I did get a letter from Sideshow Collectibles stating that my bust is the orginal 13 of 15 bust.

Just saw this thread and it is really scary but also got me thinking. If the original factory that made these products for Sideshow are continuing to pump out the same products are they considered recasts? Because they are made from the same molds so I'm not sure about that. Is it a fake because Sideshow is not the one selling them but some random person in China selling on eBay? I guess legally that's true but if it's the exact same product this starts to get weird...

If Sideshow does not put a stop to this (I'm assuming that the original factory is making some of these identical products) they are basically enabling a third party selling their products and screwing the people that bought their products from legitimate sources (either Sideshow directory or through one of their distributors). This is really troubling :(

Just saw this thread and it is really scary but also got me thinking. If the original factory that made these products for Sideshow are continuing to pump out the same products are they considered recasts? Because they are made from the same molds so I'm not sure about that. Is it a fake because Sideshow is not the one selling them but some random person in China selling on eBay? I guess legally that's true but if it's the exact same product this starts to get weird...

If Sideshow does not put a stop to this (I'm assuming that the original factory is making some of these identical products) they are basically enabling a third party selling their products and screwing the people that bought their products from legitimate sources (either Sideshow directory or through one of their distributors). This is really troubling :(

Yes. Sideshow created an edition size. Once that was done, unless Sideshow extends the run, anything after that is an illegal bootleg whether the same factory makes it from the same molds or some other company recasts a piece and produces them off of that.

Thats why the high end market is doomed. Because its reliant on product made in countries where people are starving to death and suffer inhumane civil rights violations. So they re-cast cheat and steal just to eat. All so the big companies can make an extra dollar. I would gladly pay more for a product made in the USA. Because I might be working for the company I buy from. You know--the way it used to be when our country was great, and not spiraling down the toilet.

Thats why the high end market is doomed. Because its reliant on product made in countries where people are starving to death and suffer inhumane civil rights violations. So they re-cast cheat and steal just to eat. All so the big companies can make an extra dollar. I would gladly pay more for a product made in the USA. Because I might be working for the company I buy from. You know--the way it used to be when our country was great, and not spiraling down the toilet.

Not necessarily. At $1500 a pop and paying the staff pennies, I'm betting the people overseeing this thievery are well off. :lol

I always wonder why it have to be AP when they make statues it will never be any conroll how many ex it will made. Its a easy way to make more profit for the company. AP is it 1 or 100 pice?

I always wonder why it have to be AP when they make statues it will never be any conroll how many ex it will made. Its a easy way to make more profit for the company. AP is it 1 or 100 pice?

APs should be worth more and there's no contention over the number on the base which risks greater exposure as being an illegal bootleg (as we saw here).

Ok I know of this seller from the LOTR board where they also sell high end stuff that is recast. I believe they have sold recent Weta John Howe stuff as well, perhaps that was a different company.

But the current listing for the Patient Zero life size bust is 999 dollars. You can buy one for nearly half that NOT from China. So what is this dmworkshop's business model? Up charge for fraudulent product??

Ok I know of this seller from the LOTR board where they also sell high end stuff that is recast. I believe they have sold recent Weta John Howe stuff as well, perhaps that was a different company.

But the current listing for the Patient Zero life size bust is 999 dollars. You can buy one for nearly half that NOT from China. So what is this dmworkshop's business model? Up charge for fraudulent product??

They're ALL from China! :rotfl

Back