I received my First Negative Feedback in 9 years! Beware of Ebay Buyer mattmanelite!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my first negative feedback on ebay in 9 years. It started with an email about an item I was selling (hot toys ed-209 battle damage) asking to reduce my price if I sold off ebay. I didnt respond because I had a feeling that it was going to be trouble. Before I could block him he bought my ed-209 at full price. I started to disassemble the ed-209 to put in the box but found it hard to take the legs off. I asked him if it would be ok to ship the color box and Ed-209 fully assembled because I didnt want to break it. He agreed. I packed it securely. I sent it out the next day. He received it. Two days after he received the item he sends me an angry email saying that the legs came in broken. I cant prove it but I think he tried to take it apart and broke it ( the way I packed it there was no way it would have come apart or broke)... So I respond immediately with I am sorry please send it back and I will issue you a full refund. He doesnt respond he just gives me a negative. I see this and ask him why he gave me a negative? Still no response! I called up ebay to see what they can do....Unfortunately they cant do anything....The Ebay worker didnt understand why the buyer gave me the negative either....He said I did everything right. So now I'm left with a negative for doing the right thing and selling on Ebay instead of selling it off ebay with no threat of negative feedback....

btw the buyers name is mattmanelite

That sucks. But one question, will the buyer have to pay the return cost or will you take responsibility? What if it really did break during shipping..?

I understand that it's hard to sell on ebay but one thing I hate as a buyer is when I have to pay return costs when I receive something that is damaged. How can I know it wasn't broken before?

I asked ebay if a seller sent me porcelain in a big box with no protection and room for it to just f-in break, would I have to pay for return costs when it was obviously the sellers fault the item broke??? Yup, ebay policy... :slap

It doesn't matter if you're a seller or buyer on ebay, if you deal with someone dishonest you lose.

How many bad buyers have you had recently? There's like 2 threads in here from ya.

Two bad buyers in the last month .... Seems I'm becoming a magnet for them...:(

Dude one negative feedback from a ********* buyer isn't the end of the world. And you can ask ebay to remove unfair feedback.

I already did that ( see my post above) EBay said they couldn't do anything to remove the negative .

No it's cool. I just saw this thread and noticed my posts were missing. But I found the other thread too.

That sucks. But one question, will the buyer have to pay the return cost or will you take responsibility? What if it really did break during shipping..?

I understand that it's hard to sell on ebay but one thing I hate as a buyer is when I have to pay return costs when I receive something that is damaged. How can I know it wasn't broken before?

I asked ebay if a seller sent me porcelain in a big box with no protection and room for it to just f-in break, would I have to pay for return costs when it was obviously the sellers fault the item broke??? Yup, ebay policy... :slap

It doesn't matter if you're a seller or buyer on ebay, if you deal with someone dishonest you lose.

The pictures in my ebay listing clearly show that the Ed-209 was not broken. I offered the seller a full refund if he returned the item. He never responded with any messages . He didnt ask for me to pay return shipping. He just gave me a negative. I packed that Ed-209 extremely well. Unless it was run over with a tank it should have never been broken. Plus he didnt say anything to me until 2 days after he received the package.I'm a buyer as well as a seller so I understand its a pain to send a broken item back but keep in mind the seller loses that money he used to ship out the item to you when he refunds your money.

I got a negative because I sold a Transformers G1 Hound complete with all accessories but the buyer said it wasn't complete because it was missing some stickers...stickers...on an almost 30 year old toy...yeah. That remains my only negative feedback...ever...anywhere.

The pictures in my ebay listing clearly show that the Ed-209 was not broken. I offered the seller a full refund if he returned the item. He never responded with any messages . He didnt ask for me to pay return shipping. He just gave me a negative. I packed that Ed-209 extremely wexl. Unless it was run over with a tank it should have never been broken. Plus he didnt say anything to me until 2 days after he received the package.I'm a buyer as well as a seller so I understand its a pain to send a broken item back but keep in mind the seller loses that money he used to ship out the item to you when he refunds your money.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, from your description it sounds like the buyer is dishonest.

But if someone really did receive something broken, then l think that the seller should take responsibility and pay return cost. l hate it when l buy something expensive from another country and it arrives broken. Not only when it's because of bad packaging but you receive it well packed and the only possible explanation is that the item was broken before. Fortunately most sellers have taken responsibility in my case.

Two bad buyers in the last month .... Seems I'm becoming a magnet for them...:(

I already did that ( see my post above) EBay said they couldn't do anything to remove the negative .

If you have a reasonable amount of positive feedback I doubt one or two negatives would make a big impact. Still annoying though certainly. Does it not drop off now after 12 months or something?

I would be more worried about him complaining to Paypal about it if that's the payment method... don't want to go into detail in case he trolls the forums.

If you have a reasonable amount of positive feedback I doubt one or two negatives would make a big impact. Still annoying though certainly. Does it not drop off now after 12 months or something?

I would be more worried about him complaining to Paypal about it if that's the payment method... don't want to go into detail in case he trolls the forums.

I still have high feedback. The problem is if you are buying an item with the same price from two sellers who do you pick? The one with 100% feedback or 99.6%? It just irks me that I'm completely helpless in this situation . I did what I was suppose to do and yet I am getting punished.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, from your description it sounds like the buyer is dishonest.

But if someone really did receive something broken, then l think that the seller should take responsibility and pay return cost. l hate it when l buy something expensive from another country and it arrives broken. Not only when it's because of bad packaging but you receive it well packed and the only possible explanation is that the item was broken before. Fortunately most sellers have taken responsibility in my case.

It's the buyer's responsibility to pay return shipping per ebay's rules.

If we resolve an item not as described case in the buyer's favor, we will in most circumstances ask the buyer to return the item to the seller (and the seller needs to accept the return even if the seller's return policy indicated "no returns accepted") before we refund the buyer and try to recover the refund amount from the seller. In those cases, we'll ask the buyer to promptly provide a shipping tracking number to us. For items valued $250 or above (based on the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, any other fees seller may charge, and any sales tax), we'll also require the buyer to provide signature confirmation where such signature confirmation service is available from the shipping company. Return shipping will be at the buyer's expense. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that the item is properly packaged and shipped. If the item is not delivered to the seller's return address in the condition in which the buyer received it, the buyer may not be eligible for a refund. It is the seller's responsibility to maintain a valid and current return address on file in the seller's eBay account to facilitate the return shipping. Once we have confirmed that the item was returned to the seller, we will refund the full cost of the item (including any applicable sales tax) and original shipping to the buyer. In some cases, we may refund part of the cost of the item to the buyer to cover differences between the item described and the item actually received, in which case we will try to recover that refund amount from the seller and not ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.

1 negative here and there should not harm anyone who stands by their character. You simply post a reply to the negative stating you did what you could to make it right.

You missed my first comment.

No, I read it. I'm just restating the rules of ebay. It may have broken due to no fault of the seller as well. Something can be packed perfectly and still be damaged by the courier. The insurance option and declaring true value on the item are things that also factor in as well.

It'd be nice of the seller if he or she agrees to pay return shipping on top of everything else, but a purchase is a two person venture and it sucks just as much for the seller if he/she has to pay return shipping on top of losing all the money that they would have made on selling their item. Just my opinion.

On ebay, the Buyer wins EVERY time, the Seller ALWAYS loses.

:lol The world is full of idiots.

Here was my first negative....

"im dont risive my item thad is not good wen you sent tu my mi item" from zilveron

He thought he bought an actual game not a DLC code.... when the auction title was... Infamous 2 PS3 No Game DLC Only LIGHTENING HOOK Sony.

Unfortunately the world will always be full of fools and snakes. I hope you can get your negative resolved. If not, it will be gone soon enough.

I might get one i sold a Ezio gauntlet to a buyer in Greece just before Christmas. He contacted me after Christmas to say he had not recieved the Ezio Gauntlet as it was recorded i checked only to find that Royal Mail put it on the wrong plane.

Now i know it is a shame that he did not get the Ezio Gauntlet in time for Christmas but, how was i to know Royal Mail would put it on the wrong plane. I did every thing i could to get that item to him as fast as possible,i sent it out the same day he paid using a quick service.

I did nothing wrong and he feels i should get a negative because he did not get it in time for Christmas.I have worked very hard to maintain a 100% record i have over 3000 positive feedback.I of course refunded his money and now have to go through the rigmarole of making a missing parcel claim.

E-Bay does give way to much power to the buyer and very little protection to the seller.

No, I read it. I'm just restating the rules of ebay. It may have broken due to no fault of the seller as well. Something can be packed perfectly and still be damaged by the courier. The insurance option and declaring true value on the item are things that also factor in as well.

It'd be nice of the seller if he or she agrees to pay return shipping on top of everything else, but a purchase is a two person venture and it sucks just as much for the seller if he/she has to pay return shipping on top of losing all the money that they would have made on selling their item. Just my opinion.

That wasn't necessary. But ok, I just believe that if you don't receive what you paid for the one selling should take responsibility and take care of their customers. Of course if you're a private seller you might view things differently.

What I meant earlier is that it doesn't matter if you're a seller or buyer, as everyone seems to think buyers are in a better position on ebay, if you deal with someone dishonest you lose.

You can sell someone something and it's truly in perfect condition and well packed. The buyer can be dishonest and say it arrived broken and that they should receive a partial refund or a full refund and return it. The buyer can have swapped parts with their broken item for the new one you sent. Seller loses the money he had to pay to send it to the seller and he might receive something he didn't send to the buyer..

As a buyer you can buy something that is described as a camera and the seller is dishonest and sends you a broken camera or say a rock.. doesn't matter that it's the fault of the seller that the buyer is forced to send it back. The buyer must pay return costs. This is why I slap my face at the ebay policy. Not only that but you will have to send it back with signature and tracking number, that will cost you much more. Since the seller can say he didn't receive the return..

Another issue can be that you didn't receive something that was physically broken but something that is defective and couldn't possibly have broken during shipping. I once bought a battery for my camera and when I tried it it said it didn't work with my model on the view screen, when the seller described that it would work with my model. I had to pay return costs.

The best thing to do when sending expensive items like the ED209 is to insure it and the buyer needs to pay for it. An agreement should be made beforehand, this is what I do now when I buy on ebay. But the seller can still pull the ebay policy card even if we agreed to something else...

I understand the feelings of the OP but i don't really like the idea to out a bad buyer giving his username on a well known forum in this kind of situation.
The guy did not rip you off, you got paid, he said he received a damaged item and instead of taking your offer to solve things he gave no answer and a bad feedback.
He's an idiot right but don't deserve to be crucified on this forum.

BTW you know you can put a response to a feedback, so just add one saying "offered refund but buyer didn't answer go figure". If your feedback is that good its not one that will hurt you.

Back