I received my First Negative Feedback in 9 years! Beware of Ebay Buyer mattmanelite!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingofthehill78

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just received my first negative feedback on ebay in 9 years. It started with an email about an item I was selling (hot toys ed-209 battle damage) asking to reduce my price if I sold off ebay. I didnt respond because I had a feeling that it was going to be trouble. Before I could block him he bought my ed-209 at full price. I started to disassemble the ed-209 to put in the box but found it hard to take the legs off. I asked him if it would be ok to ship the color box and Ed-209 fully assembled because I didnt want to break it. He agreed. I packed it securely. I sent it out the next day. He received it. Two days after he received the item he sends me an angry email saying that the legs came in broken. I cant prove it but I think he tried to take it apart and broke it ( the way I packed it there was no way it would have come apart or broke)... So I respond immediately with I am sorry please send it back and I will issue you a full refund. He doesnt respond he just gives me a negative. I see this and ask him why he gave me a negative? Still no response! I called up ebay to see what they can do....Unfortunately they cant do anything....The Ebay worker didnt understand why the buyer gave me the negative either....He said I did everything right. So now I'm left with a negative for doing the right thing and selling on Ebay instead of selling it off ebay with no threat of negative feedback....

btw the buyers name is mattmanelite

Doesn't seem fair if you offered to refund if he shipped it back, but ebay sucks. I used to sell stuff on there occasionally, but I gave up selling stuff there a few years back. Didn't have any negative feedback, but I feared with the rules all in the favor of the buyer, that it'd only be a matter of time. Sorry they screwed you over.

I thought I made a post here, but it's not showing up. Weird.

Anyway, sorry to hear that you got worked over by the system. It's pretty lame.

I used to sell stuff on ebay occasionally, but with all the new rules that side totally in the favor of the buyer, I've totally stopped selling stuff on ebay. It isn't worth the risk of a buyer taking advantage of you.

Edit: I got it. It's in the action figure and statue section.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. I could post a ton of stuff i've had pulled across me.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys about getting negative. It does nothing to your sales. Nothing at all. Also because you now have a negative on your account, blackmail buyers won't bother with you so much.

Don't worry about it. It comes off after a year and you'll be back to 100%.

Ebay will do nothing, as they couldn't give a damn. They said to me that they feel people who use ebay should be able to give a fair and accurate description of their experience. I said how do i do that as a seller....? There was no answer.

Ebay is not about sellers i'm afraid, but there is no alternative.

eBay should investigate BS negative feedback like this and remove it. This is unfair to the seller that they get dinged for trying to do right.

keep pestering ebay .. I had some turd who did a buy it now, then wanted to pay with "moneypak" which I refused. He gave me an address which ended up being a PO box..
long story short, i cancelled the auction, but not before he left a negative feedback.

It was the first one since 1998, and ebay refused to do anything about it.

It probably took another few weeks of calling and speaking to different people at ebay before I got lucky and someone agreed that the feedback was bunk and they had it removed.

Here is the shady message I got as well.. sounds totally legit! sign me up.

Im contacting you about the Item ASAP as you asked.
I can pay tomorrow if you let me pay using moneypak (A prepaid card that the seller then upload intopay with no fees on their side)I give you the unique code that u redeem in paypal. Ill take all liabilities, risks, etc. with this unorthodox method. I will also pay for more then the item is worth on the moneypak for you alowing me to use this off the road method of payment.
Let me know if your OK with this, if not I can find a way to pay the conventional method.

keep pestering ebay .. I had some turd who did a buy it now, then wanted to pay with "moneypak" which I refused. He gave me an address which ended up being a PO box..
long story short, i cancelled the auction, but not before he left a negative feedback.

It was the first one since 1998, and ebay refused to do anything about it.

It probably took another few weeks of calling and speaking to different people at ebay before I got lucky and someone agreed that the feedback was bunk and they had it removed.

Here is the shady message I got as well.. sounds totally legit! sign me up.

Im contacting you about the Item ASAP as you asked.
I can pay tomorrow if you let me pay using moneypak (A prepaid card that the seller then upload intopay with no fees on their side)I give you the unique code that u redeem in paypal. Ill take all liabilities, risks, etc. with this unorthodox method. I will also pay for more then the item is worth on the moneypak for you alowing me to use this off the road method of payment.
Let me know if your OK with this, if not I can find a way to pay the conventional method.

Man that sounds shady.... I'm glad you got your feedback removed. I'm just upset cause I did the right thing and got punished for it. The buyer tried to be shady with me and never responded. I don't know what else I was suppose to do? :(

I thought I made a post here, but it's not showing up. Weird.

Anyway, sorry to hear that you got worked over by the system. It's pretty lame.

I used to sell stuff on ebay occasionally, but with all the new rules that side totally in the favor of the buyer, I've totally stopped selling stuff on ebay. It isn't worth the risk of a buyer taking advantage of you.

Edit: I got it. It's in the action figure and statue section.

Yeah I listed this thread in both sections to warn more people...

This guy tried the same stuff with me recently. Gave a best offer which I denied. He emailed me asking if I'd go lower outside of eBay. I promptly said no and haven't heard back since. I'll block him now.

Seems big hulk ( from statueforum) ran into the same guy

This guy tried the same stuff with me recently. Gave a best offer which I denied. He emailed me asking if I'd go lower outside of eBay. I promptly said no and haven't heard back since. I'll block him now.

Seems big hulk ( from statueforum) ran into the same guy

That really sucks, but like what others have said, it sucks to be a seller when all the favors seem to be on the buyer side. Plus on top of that ebay takes fee on the item plus shipping, and paypal (which is owned by ebay) takes a cut too.

That does suck. In practical terms though I'm not sure it does any real harm to your rep. TBH when I look at buying off ebay, I don't give a second thought to someone who gets positive feedback from 97 our of every 100 buyers. If I have any doubts I look at the actual negative feedback comments, and especially the seller's reply to them.

I hope you can get this reversed though.

How many bad buyers have you had recently? There's like 2 threads in here from ya.

Dude one negative feedback from a ********* buyer isn't the end of the world. And you can ask ebay to remove unfair feedback.

Back