I loathe August 26, 2008. The day I put down my pet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli, please don't feel too miserable, sometimes there is no way out of these horrible decisions.
I am sure Moses had the best friend with you and must have had a superlife living with a person like you.
And your post is far from silly, but very sensitive.
Hang on.

Oh Eli - what a touching post about your best friend. He was lucky to have you as you were lucky to have him. My thoughts are with you and thesaying is true that time heals all wounds - though it sure probably doesn't feel like it right now. You will keep his spirit alive with all your great memories together. :duff I'm glad you stayed with him to the end....I feel the same way, I would never feel right letting a pet or loved one pass on alone. You provided him the calmness and peace that he needed so he could gently pass on to kitty heaven. You will meet him again some day, James, I strongly believe that. :)

It's always sad to hear of someone losing something that means so much to them.

My wife and I had to put my sixteen year old cat Tosh down a couple years back and like Dusty said about her cat she purred as they gave the injection.

I still have yet to Acquire another pet since. I just have fish...One day though.

I still have dreams about her and wake up thinking I might roll over on her, as she liked to sleep at my back.

Don't be hard on yourself for making the decision though, that's the greatest thing a pet owner can do is putting the animals quality of life before your own selfish needs.

Again sorry to hear Eli
:angelsmil

Btw I had Tosh creamated and I placed the remains in a small mahogany box that has a picture of her on the front I think that helped a lot with the greiving process.

Last edited:
your last post is almost making me cry here, bro.:monkey2
peace my friend. im so sorry you lost your kitty-cat friend. just never forget him and he will always live on.

your last post is almost making me cry here, bro.:monkey2
peace my friend. im so sorry you lost your kitty-cat friend. just never forget him and he will always live on.

Thanks again guys for all the support.

Also, thanks for all the PMs and the profile message posts that people sent to me. It really has helped and shows what a great community we have here. :grouphug

Back