Hurricane Shoulder Lamp, Motion Tracker, etc. Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could post a parts list and sources for doing these mods for those who might want to try them out them selves.

from the video, this is what I think Hurricane has:

- a flashing LED light, make sure it is the one with built in resistor..and there's a lot of varieties there. Also, they vary in sizes from 5mm - 10 mm or larger
- 2 wires, one for + and the other for -
- soldering iron and the solder
- and I think a battery cell holder ( really hard to find ) they also vary in sizes.

You can purchase all of these for 10 - 15 bones

These are the same things I am using for my custom light-up Iron man bust.

also, if you want an on/off switch, you can purchase a lot in ebay for cheap.

Well, I've only got one tracker and three lamps to ever get done, so I will wait until you guys are all done, then I will get mine "Caned!"
Cool stuff! :D

Glenn, you must not sleep anymore!

from the video, this is what I think Hurricane has:

- a flashing LED light, make sure it is the one with built in resistor..and there's a lot of varieties there. Also, they vary in sizes from 5mm - 10 mm or larger
- 2 wires, one for + and the other for -
- soldering iron and the solder
- and I think a battery cell holder ( really hard to find ) they also vary in sizes.

You can purchase all of these for 10 - 15 bones

These are the same things I am using for my custom light-up Iron man bust.

almost,but no cigar.........most of the components are correct except im using 3mm flashing whire leds,this small so they can be angled inside the housing,wire is the pain im using what i can find inside old hi-fi's really really thin wire,ive got some now less than 1mm across,also the screens are printed and differ alot from the actual hot toys screens which were quite a bit wrong,switches are courtesy of Dave.anyway i borrowed a marine 'hicks' for some pics,
DSCF0026-1.jpg

DSCF0031-2.jpg

DSCF0032-2.jpg

UPDATE:

The switches I ordered came in today. I'll be sending them off to Cane tomorrow. Should take about a week to get there and then it's time to light 'em up!

Hi Hurricane! Yeah, that lamp on your Hicks looks great! I'm still on board to get some lamps from you sometime in the near future. I know we've already talked in PMs. I appreciate that. Thank you! I can't wait to see your motion tracker too! I know I'll definitely be interested in one of those, maybe two if I can afford it. :D

Last edited:
Back