Hurricane Shoulder Lamp, Motion Tracker, etc. Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MARINE VIDEOS!

Day and NIGHT!

As promised, here are a couple of my very first Videos posted here. Many of you want to know how these guys look in 3-D and well, you will get an idea. The videos are not good, mainly because I have little to no experience doing these and had to use a crappy Sony 3.2 Camera... so, they are about 30% shaky, unfocused but it was the only way to pan around the set to get a feel, so I hope you guys DO at least get a feel for what an amazing set these are and what a miraculous job Hurricane did to bring them to life.

I want to acknowlege the Artists involved as these Figs are a Joint FML-DA-Customikey-'Cane Production.

So, without further ado, I give you these links to

Marines - Day

pjam07

Marines - Night

pjam07

Last edited:
What? No P!tu-style narration?

:lol

Very cool stuff Paul. The lights and tracker, along with the clothing detail and new headsculpts, really take the whole set to a new level. A super level. An amazing Aliens display.

Now bring on the Power Loader!

What? No P!tu-style narration?

:lol

Very cool stuff Paul. The lights and tracker, along with the clothing detail and new headsculpts, really take the whole set to a new level. A super level. An amazing Aliens display.

Now bring on the Power Loader!

Thanks man, no you won't get pjamwankervision here. :lol I see enough of that everyday in Hollywood. :D Just the stuff...

And I DO consider these a form of Fine Art. These figs could be displayed in a Museum, easily. Maybe a Pop Art Museum but a Museum for sure, thanks to the amazing talent involved getting them to this level.

Last edited:
Short and sweet vid needs no commentary.

I like that "let the figs speak for themselves."

Again...Nice collection!!

Great stuff pjam! I'll get Hurricane to do the shoulder lamps and one motion tracker for me someday soon when I can afford it. I agree with you that these are definitely not "toys" at all! I know I've spent at least about $800.00, if not more on just buying the marines and Ripley I have now! Along with nice added touches like: extra knives from Chris at EVA, and patches for my custom Bishop from him and the belt tool and Hudson's eagle bow tie thing, and the custom better heads for Apone, Hicks and Hudson, and Les's much-needed "leg surgery" to make Ripley taller. But to me it is worth EVERY penny I've spent on them! Great videos. :D I hope to take some of my own sometime soon!

Last edited:
MARINE VIDEOS!

Day and NIGHT!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Great video clips P, I could actually hear the motion tracker blips and bits of character dialogue ( "theres movement all over the place!!!" ) in my mind as I watched those lol Your new lights are the icing on the cake of what was already the best Aliens collection out there, thanks for sharing P!

awesome vids Paul!!! the motion tracker and shoulder lamps add SO MUCH to the ALREADY awesome figures.

Only thing I'd add is some of the Aliens Score to the vid. then it would be perfect!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Great video clips P, I could actually hear the motion tracker blips and bits of character dialogue ( "theres movement all over the place!!!" ) in my mind as I watched those lol Your new lights are the icing on the cake of what was already the best Aliens collection out there, thanks for sharing P!

Thanks duuudes. :D

Yeah, they are truly a work of art, from head to toe, from HT Designs and detail, to FML (and Customikey;Apone) repaints to DA's amazing weathering and detailing to Hurricane's crazy insane lighting... I can't believe I actually have these and can appreciate them every day.

I shot another Night video with the Warrior but it came out a bit dark in the download so I'll have to try again, but the point I want to make is no camera or video can capture the light effects accurately, how they splash and bounce off the armor and when directed at the Warrior, show on it. It is simply like seeing a 1.6 scale Live Movie Still in your living room! Just amazing...

Anyway, I'll try again but I hope you guys did get a feel, seems like ya did!

I shot another Night video with the Warrior but it came out a bit dark in the download so I'll have to try again, but the point I want to make is no camera or video can capture the light effects accurately, how they splash and bounce off the armor and when directed at the Warrior, show on it. It is simply like seeing a 1.6 scale Live Movie Still in your living room! Just amazing...

Yeah I was going to ask how much the light from the lamps spill onto the figures themselves. It doesnt really show in the video but I guessed it was simply down to how the camera much like how it gives the light that blue tint.

Making movies with these figures is my ultimate goal . . I've done plenty of similar work in the past so It should turn out badass, I just need cash badly to fund it lol :rock!!

Figured I'd ask Here, has anyone seen or heard anything from Glenn lately? I dropped him an e-mail about a week ago, haven't heard from him yet. I'll wager he's busy, but it usualy dosn't take this long for him to get back to me. Not trying to be an ass about it or anything, just a little worried if he's ok or something.

Pjam if I may id like to add your pics to hurricanes website

Obviously Ill ask Glenn first if he wants them in so will email him and point him at this thread

Just wanted to know if that was ok ?

BTW they look fantastic

Pjam if I may id like to add your pics to hurricanes website

Obviously Ill ask Glenn first if he wants them in so will email him and point him at this thread

Just wanted to know if that was ok ?

BTW they look fantastic

Yep, would be an honor.

I already sent him a bunch of Termie shots, so the more the merrier. :D

Figured I'd ask Here, has anyone seen or heard anything from Glenn lately? I dropped him an e-mail about a week ago, haven't heard from him yet. I'll wager he's busy, but it usualy dosn't take this long for him to get back to me. Not trying to be an ass about it or anything, just a little worried if he's ok or something.

He emailed me a week or so ago about about my Empire Vader that he is doing. It sounded like he was crazy busy.

SPECIAL ALIENS HALLOWEEN VIDEO TREAT...

"IT CAME OUT AT NIGHT"...

AGAIN, IT AIN'T GREAT BUT IT AIN'T BAD EITHER... ENJOY!

pjam07

I need better video equipment. LOL. Best I could do...

Last edited:
NICE! Love the atmosphere background.

How do the lights look in daylight? Can you photograph them in daylight and still have the lamps showing their glow?

NICE! Love the atmosphere background.

How do the lights look in daylight? Can you photograph them in daylight and still have the lamps showing their glow?

I'm sure you can WG and thanks man...

The night atmosphere was very tough to get close, takes several lighting trials and test video shots. The actual ambient light is MUCH brighter than it translates in that video... and it darkened a few shades more once they were downloaded and encoded in photobucket. Plus I used a crappy litle Sony 3.2 Cam with very little image stabilization.

The lights are just tiny little leds so they will look less impressive in daylight because they will get lost in the light a bit but they will still show a clean bright white light.

Will they glow, don't know if they "glow", they DO on film but in person they just emit that little clean white light...

Btw, Vas was in the darkest area, furthest from the lamp light source so she came out darkest of course, in the original vid not as dark. Her lamps are just as bright as the rest as you can see here in the first vid I shot...

https://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/?action=view&current=MOV07899.flv

Last edited:

hi,i id reply mate ,but having some email 'issues' drop me another line, or more reliably a 'pm'

Cool Vids Peanut-butter & Jelly. :cool:
Thanks for the vids. :D
:monkey5

PS...you should add some ALIENS music to your Vids in order to make them even cooler. :rock

Cool Vids Peanut-butter & Jelly. :cool:
Thanks for the vids. :D
:monkey5

PS...you should add some ALIENS music to your Vids in order to make them even cooler. :rock

Thanks FB!
Hi praise coming from the amazing Environments, imagery and all thing Aliens Dude. :D

Actually, I thought about using some of Movie audio but passed to just use still atmosphere. If you turn up the volume on the vid you will hear a low drumming din and aircraft sounds too. Maybe it was Ferro up there...

Maybe someone can repost the vid with media player to make it more accessible. I noticed one of us did that with Hurricane's MT vid...

Anyhoo... enjoy... and turn up the volume, much cooler!

Back