HT's DX wishes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....for me personally taking into account of their iconic status and also the possibility of having more accessories:

1) 1989 batman and joker (obviously because I m a bat nut and also they are worthy of the "classic"/"iconic" nametag. Bats could come with lots of gear as usual and Joker with his toys....

2) T-2 Arnold definitely + T-800 endoskeleton (I m pretty sure they have this up in their sleeves) --> There is just so much room to develop this figure to the BAD-ASS level that it SCREAms to get made --> I think they are experimenting with the marcus wright figure first for a 2 in 1 terminator...

3) Ripley from Aliens....Sorry I m not an alien fan and do not know too much about it but Ripley is such a classic character that everyone knows her...

4) Christopher Reeves Supes (Now THAT's ICONIC) --> but might fall into the mms line due to lack of possible accessories

5) Expected: Rambo + Rocky as stated in the magazine. (These two obviously could come with loads of gear)

I think they might stretch their baseline a bit far and include wolverine in it but I personally would HATE to see that happen.

batman-4-michael-keaton-batman.jpg

t800movie2.jpg

damn, these are indeed so iconic! :horror

got that poster of T2 and still hasn't lost any of it's magic.

Wonder if there is a big format poster of that (also iconic) Batman picture though? :eek:

My question is can they go back to these older licenses. Do they still have the rights? If so most definitely they should do:

T1 T-800, with Arnold Schwarzenegger likeness

I'm not sure if this would be a stretch or not but it should have 2 complete outfits including sunglasses and relevant hands - Tech Noir punk and Police station shootout. It should have ermm-3 headsculpts - undamaged face and hairstyle from early in the film/ burnt off eyebrows, spikey hair and 1 exposed endo-eye headsculpt/ and the final stage batte-damaged head before he gets fully endoskeletonised.

IMO, they don't have to battledamage the outfits, except for a bit of wear, because anyone can cut holes should they wish to do that. For the gloved hands though there should be one set of BD hands.

The figure should also have the entire arsenal of weapons he used in the film.

In case this is all already too much I would say just provide a basic Hot Toys stand because that other stuff is more important IMO.

My question is can they go back to these older licenses. Do they still have the rights? If so most definitely they should do:

I'm not sure if this would be a stretch or not but it should have 2 complete outfits including sunglasses and relevant hands - Tech Noir punk and Police station shootout. It should have ermm-3 headsculpts - undamaged face and hairstyle from early in the film/ burnt off eyebrows, spikey hair and 1 exposed endo-eye headsculpt/ and the final stage batte-damaged head before he gets fully endoskeletonised.

IMO, they don't have to battledamage the outfits, except for a bit of wear, because anyone can cut holes should they wish to do that. For the gloved hands though there should be one set of BD hands.

In case this is all already too much I would say just provide a basic Hot Toys stand because that other stuff is more important IMO.

dunno if it's true, it's something somebody on the board said a while ago, that seems to make sence (this is about batman specifically)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1600889&postcount=18

My main wishes are an Arnie from either T1 or T2 (hopefully T2), and a Jack Sparrow. :rock :rock

I'm purposefully not buying these two characters yet in forms that have already been released due to the fact that we may see them in DX form.

I do not recall HT stating dlx line was for iconic characters they may / or may not have done. I thought it was on figs they already produced. If that is the case my list of iconic characters is (not including license rights):

1 Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader
2. Rambo IV or re-sculpt Rambo II
3. Maximus (Gladiator / General)
4. 2 in 1 Arnie battle damaged T-800
5. Neo (Matrix)

Personal preference is no more Batman figs. I love Keaton / Nicholson but so many TDK figs killed my excitement over this brand. I need a break :lol

I do not recall HT stating dlx line was for iconic characters they may / or may not have done. I thought it was on figs they already produced. If that is the case my list of iconic characters is (not including license rights):

1 Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader
2. Rambo IV or re-sculpt Rambo II
3. Maximus (Gladiator / General)
4. 2 in 1 Arnie battle damaged T-800
5. Neo (Matrix)

Personal preference is no more Batman figs. I love Keaton / Nicholson but so many TDK figs killed my excitement over this brand. I need a break :lol

Neo would definately be my number 3 :rock:rock

Wasn't there a thread ages ago about them possibly having the Matrix liscence? Does anyone know how that turned out?

Terminator CMS-101 Punk outfit
dolf_ru_198.gif

Terminator 2 CMS-101 + bike :naughty

Superman Christopher Reeve :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I think the most frequently mentioned characters here should be entered into a poll where people can select their one top priority. I agree with many of the choices - like 89' Batman and Reeve Superman (having never been made as MMS before do they qualify though) - however my top priority would be the T-800 from The Terminator (1984).

Here are my over the top requests to Hot Toys. The two T800 ones would be very, very expensive though.

T800 from T1. 3x outfits: punk, leathers and leathers with damage. 4x heads: Arrival, burnt, burnt with eye cut out and burnt with end facial damage. 2x right arms: one good one and one with exposed mechanics. All guns used in film and lastly, sunglasses

Reece from T1. 2x outfits: future and arrival. Maybe even added scarring to body from being trapped in a burnig vehicle. All weapons used in film.

Sarah Connor from T1. With bloodied clothing and cuts and briuses from end sequence. Maybe even a little schrapnel stuck in one leg for added detail.

T800 from T2. All different stages of facial damage for heads. 3x outfits: early undamaged, later stage with bullet holes and final with extreme damage. 3x left arms: clean, stripped of flesh and one with forearm ripped off. 2x left legs: clean and one with exposed knee joint. All weapons used in film and lastly, sunglasses.

T1000 from T2. 1 outfit all clean. 4x heads: no damage, no damage with helmet and sunglasses, split in half head and hole through right eye head. A selection off bullet splatter holes that can be placed where ever you feel on clothing. A selction of hands in various poses and shapes. Also all weapons used through out film

Sarah Connor from T2. 2x outfits: combat outfit including hat and glasses and bloodied and dirty look from end of film. 3x heads: clean hair up, clean hair down and bloodied and dirtied with hair down. All weapons used in film and a fresh knife wound running down back of shoulder.

RoboCop from first film with Weller head. Also interchangeable armour parts so you can display him clean or riddled with bullet holes. Spare helmet with damage also.

Hicks, Ripley, Hudson, Vasquez and Bishop all with acurate looks as I missed original Aliens marines.

Last edited:

Agreed!!! I also want the damaged eye to have LED's

Agreed!!! I also want the damaged eye to have LED's

Thats right I forgot to mention that. Oh and I'd also have Tyler's request of the opened up wrist arm from the DIY surgery scene. I don't think it needs to be an alternate arm (i.e. an undamaged arm also being part of the set) since everyone would be displaying the figure fully clothed unless they were specifically going for that scene - then and only then would the surgery arm be visible as he was wearing just the vest for that one scene only.

So LED in the BD head and the base muscle body should have its right arm opened up for surgery, I think solid sculpted endo parts would suffice in there.

T1000 from T2. 1 outfit all clean. 4x heads: no damage, no damage with helmet and sunglasses, split in half head and hole through right eye head. A selection off bullet splatter holes that can be placed where ever you feel on clothing. A selction of hands in various poses and shapes. Also all weapons used through out film.

:drool

Yes please. I really hope that HT pick up the T2 licence.

Back