HT will do a Robocain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day all

Searching the net I came across these pics from ToysDaily.

Is this possibly the Hot Toys Cain ? It appears to be highly detailed and high quality, is it too good to be a 1/6 figure? Perhaps it is a movie prop.

What do you guys think, anybody else seen this before or know any other information about these pics?

cain2.jpg

cain1.jpg

cheers

Wow...if that is indeed the HT Cain then Robocop fans are in for a real impressive treat. I'm not a big Robocop fan so I haven't got any of the HT figures but if that is the Hot Toys RoboCain then it certainly does look awesome!

If not,then it still looks awesome! :rock

Wow, that thing is frikkin SICK! I'm happy about the news of Cain but what i'm really praying for is Boddicker and Emil...

So you're trying to tell us that this is a custom facebox?:rolleyes:

You obviously know more about this figure than we do, how about you fill us in on it. After all, that is the point of these forums, a place to share and discuss new information.

If this is a custom, then wow! I hope that someone in Hot Toys has seen this and takes inspiration from it. If the Hot Toys Cain turned out to be half as good as this, then I would be very happy with it as part of my collection.

Here's hoping.

Cheers

So you're trying to tell us that this is a custom facebox?:rolleyes:

You obviously know more about this figure than we do, how about you fill us in on it. After all, that is the point of these forums, a place to share and discuss new information.

If this is a custom, then wow! I hope that someone in Hot Toys has seen this and takes inspiration from it. If the Hot Toys Cain turned out to be half as good as this, then I would be very happy with it as part of my collection.

Here's hoping.

Cheers

*Crushes hopes*
I stand corrected, it is the original prop (1 of 3) used in the film.
IMG_0762s.jpg

IMG_0763s.jpg

IMG_0771s.jpg

IMG_0815s.jpg

The pictures where taken by Animachina while at Tippett.
"While I was at Tippett, I was able to drool all over the 1 full size torso (from a distance) and 3 stop motion Cains used in the film. They let me take one out of the case and shoot a slew of detailed pictures". (Animachina)

There's this guy over at the Robocop archive who's making the kit I was referring to.
3dgumby04er1.jpg

3dgumby05wk3.jpg

3dgumby06fv6.jpg

punchworking01im6.jpg

Here's a direct link to the thread. See for yourselves:
https://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=57&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks for the info facebox :)

I thought that it might be the case. It looked pretty damn good. Although, with the quality of stuff being released by Hot Toys recently it wouldn't have surprised me if it was theirs

You have managed to crush the hopes of every Robocop fan though:crying

Now how do we get Tippett to release them for sale:drool

The Cain kit that the guy at the Robocop forums is making looks like it will be awesome when done.

Again, thanks for clearing the air and crushing all our hopes :)

Cheers

Last edited:
No problem.

I understand that the prop could be mistaken for one of Hot Toys masterpieces, but I didn't want anyone to be mislead. There's no sense in getting worked up over nothing, right?

I didn't really wanna crush anyone's dreams. :monkey3

Oh, and one last thing..... it's FACEBOX, not facebook. ;)

No problem.

I understand that the prop could be mistaken for one of Hot Toys masterpieces, but I didn't want anyone to be mislead. There's no sense in getting worked up over nothing, right?

I didn't really wanna crush anyone's dreams. :monkey3

Oh, and one last thing..... it's FACEBOX, not facebook. ;)

Sorry my bad mate, just fixed post. I had that damn website on my mind :eek:

I hope the rumours of Hot Toys doing Cain do turn out to be true though.

cheers

Facebox, thanks for posting that link. Some cool stuff.

I wish Hot Toys would do a Cain. My droid army needs 2.

John

Well, it makes sense that that Cain looks so good then. :D
That would make one hell of a HT release!

I was just thinking about this the other day, too. Haven't heard any more about this for months. HT seems to have a lot going on right now, but I wonder if any plans for CAIN are still on table???

I can think of many others i'd rather have than a Robocain:

Clarence Boddocker
Bob Morton
Alex Murphy
BD Robocop
Cain

Robocain would be cool but I want some human figures from the first 2 movies!

The only human characters I'd probably actually buy would be Murphy and Lewis. Robocain was a weird and creepy looking mech design and would make an interesting addition to the Robos and ED209s already done. It might prove to be too much trouble and expense to make a figure that complex in 1/6 scale, but I don't believe it's beyond Hot Toys' capabilities.

Back