HT will do a Robocain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good news indeed. And unexpected, since I remember reading here somewhere that a 12" Cain robot would be to complicated to make? The design of the Cain robot was not a full hit IMO, and RoboCop2 was not as good as the first film, but since I'm a robot fan, I just have to have this Cain robot.

And WHY do we have two threads for this? Darklord Dave please consolidate these into a single thread.

This will be sweet...

cain15.jpg

OMG!! :google

Hot Toys is doing a figure of Optimus Prime from "Michael Bay's" Transformers?!?!?! :monkey3

JK. :lol

If Cain is anywhere as good as ED-209 is, this figure will be the BOMB. :rock

its cool looking but i never even realized they made a robocop 2 and i saw it multiple times.im not buying it but im shocked that they made this . thats great though, cause they are gonna make some obscure figs. i cant wait to see whats in the future.

this is going to be HUGE !!! I mean, probably bigger than the ED :google
I re-watched the movie last night, and it appears RoboCain's height would be comparable to the Aliens power loader (so in scale, that's... roughly 16"?). I hope HT makes sure the legs could support the figure, as the design is extremely top heavy.

Honest to God this is the single most exciting thing they could ever have announced for me. I was so nuts about this robot as a kid. Hot Toys sure does some amazing things nowadays.

Honest to God this is the single most exciting thing they could ever have announced for me. I was so nuts about this robot as a kid. Hot Toys sure does some amazing things nowadays.

Yup, looks like I'll be doing ROBO 1 and ED-209 on one shelf and ROBO 3 (w/ removable helmet) and CAIN on another shelf. Man those displays are gonna ROCK! :D

Great news. It's one of my favorite robot designs, I'll definitely buy one. I still don't have Ed-209 or a Robocop yet.

OH cool this great news, I always thought the cain robot was Cool as hell.
Awhile back I bought a CAIN robot Resin kit, but never put it together. WHen I first open the box it and saw all those peices, I was like man this outa my skill level. Now I wont have to build it. Plus the Hot Toys will be in scale with the HT RObo

You must be talking about the Japanese 1:12 scale kit by Argonauts, right? It was a combination of PVC, resin and white metal castings. Detailed as hell, but definitely a challenge to build, especially since there were certain issues that had to be dealt with to make it right. I remember wishing they had made it in a larger scale. I never dared to hope for a monstrosity in 1:6 scale, but we already know HT is into making dreams come true these days. Can't wait to see some pics of the prototype.

Btw, do you still have the unbuilt kit? If you're willing to part with it, let me know! :D

Hey Mudshark,
Yeah thats it however it didnt have vinyl parts. As for parting with, not sure of letting it go, I kinda think I paid way too much for it, especially now that you told me some peices should of been vinyl, I think I must of got a recast then. And casting of small parts are bad so there is a lot of clean up work. I would hate to pass this on to anybody.

Hey Mudshark,
Yeah thats it however it didnt have vinyl parts. As for parting with, not sure of letting it go, I kinda think I paid way too much for it, especially now that you told me some peices should of been vinyl, I think I must of got a recast then. And casting of small parts are bad so there is a lot of clean up work. I would hate to pass this on to anybody.

Thanks for getting back to me about it, anyway. It does sound like you may have got a recast, sorry to hear you didn't get an original. I do recall the main body was vinyl and in two halves, and it was a b!tch to assemble! The head was also vinyl. There were LOTS of parts and it was a LOT of work putting it together, especially without an instruction sheet! It turned out to be a very nice little Cain model, but it was really an awful lot of work!

Hopefully by this time next year HT will release the ultimate version of CAIN, with working parts and all! I've been wanting this to happen for so long... it's almost too good to be true!

Back