HT will do a Robocain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOLD... i'm not even a robocop fan and i always thought Cain was awesome. can you guess guesstimate how much this will cost??? i'm certain $200 is not out of the question, but $300 is pushing my limits.

My guess would be around the $200 mark. I don't think i'd want a Cain myself cuz then i'd have to pay stupid money for an ED-209 BUT Boddicker and his gang sounds amazing right now!

i'm not a huge Robocop fan but i liked the crooked a$$ Cain.. This will be my first Robocop HT.

Last edited:
this is magical IF true.

and what's with you turds bashing the movie?
you're gonna sit there with a straight face and say the guy who directed Empire Strikes Back and the guy who wrote/created Sin City made a bad movie?
did you see Robocop 3? you can't see the difference there?

oh, i get it... "duuuh! it's not the original so it sux!!"

also, if they're still doing Robocop stuff, i want his maintenance chair thing.
and Boddicker is a cool character, but would be a boring figure. think about it.
________
Suzuki gsx1100f history

Last edited:
Well look at it this way - people accuse those of us who hate the star wars prequels of wearing rose-tinted glasses when it comes to the originals - that we were kids when we first saw them and its simply encoded into us to love them over anything that has been made since. Theres a possibility this is true. However - even as a child I thought Robocop 2 was crap. My opinion hasn't changed now I'm an adult. It has good moments - and the final fight between Kain and Robocop is excellent - but overall it just never worked for me. Too much focus on the farcical aspects of the first film (the malfunctioning cyborgs audition scene), an inferior score, embarrassing Robo-moments like the etiquette stuff when he gets reprogrammed. I've tried to like it - just can't. Robocop 3 is worse but IMO not by a huge amount.

I have to say that I like Robocop 2 nearly as much as the original, but I can see why most people would not agree with me,
oh well, at least I'm happy :cool:

...Too much focus on the farcical aspects of the first film (the malfunctioning cyborgs audition scene), an inferior score, embarrassing Robo-moments like the etiquette stuff when he gets reprogrammed. I've tried to like it - just can't. Robocop 3 is worse but IMO not by a huge amount.
see, that just sounds like you don't have a sense of humor. it's a comedy. lighten up.
none of that is about the quality of the movie, though. 3 is an actual, honest to goodness, bad movie. 2 isn't.
2 has all of Verhoven's infamous biting social commentary, plus Kershner's vibrant imagery AND Miller's twisted sense of humor. i can't think of a better combination.
anyway, i'll agree to disagree.
I have to say that I like Robocop 2 nearly as much as the original, but I can see why most people would not agree with me,
oh well, at least I'm happy :cool:
that's very diplomatic of you, but doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.
________
GLAS

Last edited:
see, that just sounds like you don't have a sense of humor. it's a comedy. lighten up.
none of that is about the quality of the movie, though. 3 is an actual, honest to goodness, bad movie. 2 isn't.
2 has all of Verhoven's infamous biting social commentary, plus Kershner's vibrant imagery AND Miller's twisted sense of humor. i can't think of a better combination.
anyway, i'll agree to disagree.

that's very diplomatic of you, but doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Sounds like you need to lighten up yourself pal:monkey1
We all have our opinions on this board dont think you need to get excited if yours is clearly in the minority!:rolleyes: Robo2 was a shadow of the original FACT

Well, now that HT has announced the Iron Man MARK I and it looks as though the giant IRON MONGER is close behind, could we finally see an incredibly intense replica of RoboCain soon too? Looks like HT has perfected the tooling to do so...and potentially with LIGHTS too (like the Iron Man series, Aliens Power-Loader and ALIEN spacesuits...)

Let's keep our fingers crossed. While I'm in for all 4 incarnations of Iron Man figures, I'd be even MORE in for CAIN! :rock

Haven't they left it too late to do Cain? The rest of the Robo line was ages ago. Robocops probably due for a resculpt by now!

Haven't they left it too late to do Cain? The rest of the Robo line was ages ago. Robocops probably due for a resculpt by now!

Hell yes! bring on the Robocop 1 battle-damage version! :D

Until we hear something new from Sideshow on Cain, I'm not sure we'll see him. The Robocop line has been quiet for awhile, and HT themselves have admitted this project is currently backburnered.

Once we get some genuine 'new' news, I'll get excited again! :D

I'd be equally as doubtful about a 1/6th queen alien only for the fact that they're technically still making Alien figures - just from Alien and Alien3 rather than Aliens at the moment. Can't help but think the longer they leave these things the less likely they are to get made. Thats stating the obvious in a way but whats the likelihood of them making a Cain now when there isn't the context of any other Robocop figure to go with it.

I'd be equally as doubtful about a 1/6th queen alien only for the fact that they're technically still making Alien figures - just from Alien and Alien3 rather than Aliens at the moment. Can't help but think the longer they leave these things the less likely they are to get made. Thats stating the obvious in a way but whats the likelihood of them making a Cain now when there isn't the context of any other Robocop figure to go with it.
i'm guessing it's just a luxury of specializing in "high-end" figures.
there's no reason to get rid of licenses, so you can make who you want, when it's convenient.
because demand is pretty much consistent (i've wanted a Cain figure since i was like 10) and you can goddamn afford to do it.
it's a great situation all around. Hot Toys for obvious reasons (their profit margin is through the roof on those things), and fans because, well, we get Cain.
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited:
Back