HT Tron - Sam Flynn with Light Cycle teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder if they are going to utilize EL wire technology for this. This stuff is springing up everywhere. Best part is its low power consumption and it almost completely cool while running.

More affordable to manufacture by casting everything in clear plastic and use internal LEDs. Cold cathode stuff is pretty inexpensive to manufacture as well.

The new tron figures would fit in better with hot toys other figures imo ..as the original is a little bit dated i think, and yes i agree with persuazion, why would they do the figures based on the original with the new film coming???

While the original movie wasn't that good, I'd like to see figures from it ONLY if they look like they did when lit up. The normal white outfit with lines on it would look silly.

As figures, the new design looks best.

That would be ridiculous for them not to. Probably also included would be the lightcycle baton, and alternate head for disc battles.

I'm torn with this since I haven't seen the movie but this piece looks AMAZING. My heart lies with the original film so that's where I'd rather spend my $ right now until I see Legacy. I made that mistake with The Phantom Menace. The hype had me shelling out $ for figure for a movie I eventually ended up hating.

I have confidence Disney will do this right given everyone involved.

Old Tron looks dated but will likely be the better film of these two based on what I've seen.

This one obviously looks a hundred times better and so it lends itself to figures a bit better as well. Honestly the white lite up cloth pajamas in the original look pretty lame compared to these. Not to mention with what they were made of I doubt you could make old ones light up.

Also the movie will be long gone by the time these things hit the shelves. You can make your decisions then. I for one am very stoked on the possibilities of this figure and the whole line.

I think some people are pre-wired to hate this movie because it re-vamps something from their childhood. If you were to look objectively at TRON the most important thing about the original film was the groundbreaking use of CG. Otherwise it has some really stiff acting and dialogue, and very dated looking costumes.

Old Tron looks dated but will likely be the better film of these two based on what I've seen.

The original Tron is pretty terrible man, plot wise. I think it's getting a resurgence of rose-tinted fondness ever since Tron Legacy was shown in detail. The original Tron was cool for its day because of its visuals. Today, it's really just remembered in a nostalgic haze.

The original Tron is pretty terrible man, plot wise. I think it's getting a resurgence of rose-tinted fondness ever since Tron Legacy was shown in detail. The original Tron was cool for its day because of its visuals. Today, it's really just remembered in a nostalgic haze.
Yeah, pretty much. That goes for every cartoon from the 80s, most comics, and a huge chunk of video games and films--all the stuff that drives geek collecting habits. But at least the first Tron was original.

:dunno I for one enjoyed the original Tron. When it came out I was 11 years old and complex plot lines were not a priority. The effects were ground-breaking at the time.

I can't wait for this movie.

As for the toys... ouch my aching wallet...

thanks Hot Toys:panic:

I'm curious to how much more expensive this is compared to to Medicom's Daft Punk Tron figures.

My prediction is $275 - $300, or about what Ghost Rider is going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back