HT Tron - Sam Flynn with Light Cycle teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From HT Japan web site:
09-a.jpg

Hi-res of the first teaser image.

1011241127f066ed8cb3f76.jpg

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! :clap!

Ah man! I'm getting this for sure!
:panic::panic::panic:

I wonder if his face is colored that way or if it's just the lighting?

I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting!

Well this definitely puts a kink in the Ghost Rider purchase as I don't really want to purchase both.

Both bikes = win.
Figure wise, Sam FTW!
:lecture

I guess I just don't like to jump on the bandwagons of films until they are actually, er, released and can prove themselves as being worth a damn :huh

But even if the new movie is a masterpiece, many of us collect for nostalgia, and like many movie franchises for the same reason (which is why 80%+ of movies are either remakes or sequels). They can update Star Wars, Citizen Kane, Tron, and Captain Kangaroo out the wazoo, but the originals are still gonna be vastly superior in most of our respective minds. People prefer Arnold as Terminator, Hamill as Luke Skywalker, and Jeff Bridges as guy in Tron.

I guess what I was trying to say wasn't not to give the movie a chance, but that however the movie turns out, figures from the new film will not be as desirable as figures from the older film for many of us. I understand being excited about the movie, but frankly, it could suck horribly. We know what the older film is about, it is a classic of sorts, and the characters have great (in my opinion, superior) designs. As such, I would be much more interested in classic Tron designs, and until the movie can give me a reason to feel otherwise, I'm not interested in the new ones. They look very cool, no doubt, but they don't mean anything to me yet.

debbie_downer.jpg

My call is that this figure does not stand up. The seated pose is too sharp for any costume to do that in 1/6. Also with the angle the neck is in.

My guess is around $500 for this.

That doesn't sound like Hot Toys to me. I think he will be able to stand up somehow. Like others said, hopefully they will use a cloth suit (for him and future figures like Captain America). But I fear it will be rubber but with noticeable cuts in the suit to allow for posing.

As for cost, Ghost Rider was $250ish, but without light-up feature. I would guess $300-350.

Well, still looks like cheap Hasbro garbage to me :lol

Tron one looks fancier and of a higher quality than a couple little light bulbs in the wheels.

80's Tron please! gotta have Tron and Flynn

I'm hoping for an Olivia Wilde figure with this line.

The figure must have some crazy articulation to pull off a pose like that on the bike! The light up feature on this thing would really be awesome!

If this figure is permanent sitting, I will pass on it. Im sure the body and neck will need to be developed special for this figure to accommodate the drastic position but Ill bet it can be done. They are going to have to develop a new neck for a flying pose Superman, so why not use the same design for this guy.
If it is a fully pose-able figure on a fully developed cycle then I see this thing going far north of $400. If you look at the price of the Bat Pod and it's level of complexity and add on the price of a figure its going to get pricey. The Pod was around $300 on release right? Plus another $150 for a figure. I hope its the level of quality as the Pod and TDK figures.

:lol

I'm not being a downer. I just want me classic Tron :monkey2:monkey2
Whether or not they make classic Tron figures depends entirely on how well these sell

My call is that this figure does not stand up. The seated pose is too sharp for any costume to do that in 1/6. Also with the angle the neck is in.

My guess is around $500 for this.

No they wouldn't do that. They would make a custom body that was able to accommodate the bike and still stand upright

Whether or not they make classic Tron figures depends entirely on how well these sell
It is possible that they don't have the license and don't have any interest in obtaining it. But you are probably right. If this line is a run-away success (I don't imagine it will be, but you never know), classic figures could be in the pipeline afterward.

I remember seeing a while back that they were developing the original Tron figures. I wonder if that was a miss communication and they really meant Legacy? I think it was an interview with Howard?

I still wonder if they are going to utilize EL wire technology for this. This stuff is springing up everywhere. Best part is its low power consumption and it almost completely cool while running.

INV-100-12VDC-9.jpg

Vintage Tron or GTFO, Hot Toys.

Well said comrade! :lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

No matter how good may be Legaxy Im still dont get new stile of costumes & this natural-like leds.

Abstracting from it - looking forward for the movie and very glad for those who'll like it & can get all those awesome figures from HT :peace

I bet that the helmeted head is a second HS with an unremovable helmet. Otherwise I don't think the head could pull off that kind of an extreme angle.

My question is, if there is two different HS of S. Flynn would it come with a standard helmet. Actually I don't even want to start wondering what accessories are coming with it. Its too early for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back