HT- PREDATOR- 'Billy' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It avoids any issues with the actors likeness... HT does this every so often. Worst recent case was their Kane figure :monkey2

Maybe when a lot of these actors die off, this won't be an issue. I am sure the family will want some cash for the likeness, but maybe the odds are in the favor of the collectors After Death. Any cases of a dead celeb's estate not issuing a licence?

A fairly morbid hope... but even after a persons death their estate has say over use. I guess that is why we never saw a Dr. Frankenstein figure as Colin Clive's estate would not okay a figure.

I would buy those too... maybe even pick up Billy if I knew the others were coming. But just Billy and Dutch, no thanks.

I had pick up mind tonight but I think the face is too dark so I clean up his face, is he Billy?
DSCF6583.jpg

DSCF6584.jpg

DSCF6585.jpg

DSCF6586.jpg

DSCF6587.jpg

nope, too different I think. Everytime I keep seeing this sculpt, It reminds me of the character from Street Fighter, T.Hawk. Maybe if it is repainted, it can bring some likeness of Sonny.

Is it possible to show it without the jacket to see how the new muscle arms "work" and look. How possible is it?

I think the likeness is in the sculpt slightly but I think if you want it too be " Billy " a new sculpt will be required. The only chance of getting the best out of the hot toys sculpt is too paint the skin a darker tone and the hair black.

Skin needs to be darker, hair needs to be black, needs eyebrows, darker eyes, more shading especially around the eyes and needs his black camo make-up under his eyes. Its odd that your's turned out that way though - many people said they could see the sculpt in there when the pics first came out and even someone (devil-666?) photoshopped the pic to make it look more like Billy by simply coloring his hair.

I had pick up mind tonight but I think the face is too dark so I clean up his face, is he Billy?
DSCF6587.jpg

hangsangbank: Taking everything nicky said into account, plus using your pic here's what I believe you could end up with..

watermark.php

Obviously this is just a photo manipulation and a real paint-up would turn out WAY better. But it gives you an idea hopefully.

nicky said:
someone (devil-666?) photoshopped the pic to make it look more like Billy by simply coloring his hair.

:D Yeah that was me.

10predatorprivatebillyswf6.png

I dont understand how the 2 pics look so different though after chaging the colours. The sculpt looks like it may have changed.

If you're talking about my 2 manipulated pics it's because hangsangbank has an unpainted head (stripped down I guess) and the HT pic I originally used HAD camo paint. So with hangsangbank's pic, I simply darkened it a little, added some slight shadowing around the eyes, added eyebrows, darkened the pupils, darkened the hair and then added the black camo paint. Then I had to lighten the entire pic so it could be visable. With the HT pic.. I had to recolor the entire face.

I still think with the proper paint-up, Billy/Sonny Landham is in that sculpt. Doesn't really look like it from the pics hangsangbank posted of the cleaned up face but imo that's because of the almost white face + blonde hair. :lol

The bigger problem is the Billy body: it's way too light colored. So it won't match if you darken up the facial complexion.

DSCF6583.jpg

DSCF6586.jpg

Yep, I am so repainting this thing. It has enough petential to be Billy.

48Billy1.jpg

Just needs the right shading and makeup. Why the hell is the figure blonde though? That'll be turned black as well before I'm done with it. It will help to use the hat.
9795-15150.gif

Back