HT- PREDATOR- 'Billy' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats ok, to each man his own. Just got him for 85 on ebay which is not bad when you see the arnie figure is now running at 200 to 210. Some people are falling head over heels for the arnie figure. I just wasn't that impressed by the sculpt considering the fact that ht have done so much better ones in the past imo. People went mad over on the other thread when i mentioned this but i guess im probably only one of the few that think that. I reckon its becuase people have been waiting so long for it that anyone that mentions anything wrong with it, it just sets them off..

Anyway the billy figure is looking quite cool imo if you can get over the likeness rights on the face and hair and the fact the actor that plays billy is a crazy loon.. Some paint app and i reckon he'd be looking great in his full gear setup, plus hes bigger then arnie too :)

By the way kudos to the person who spotted the corey feldman similiarity that was hilarious

Last edited:
I just grab Dutch in my local store and take couple minutes look at Billy closely. Man he looks very very cool.:google For the price point it's not too bad if you consider it just a military figure. You get the hard to fine muscle body as well. If I have some spare money I'll get it. :gun

If anyone wants a repaint on Billy let me know. I can add the correct face paint and hair color.

Based on images, I think the face has potential with a good repaint, but the whole head will never look that great because of it's poor shape. You can see in this image here, they made from the bandana up way to small, he'd have to be a cone head to have a head of hair that small compared to the face below.

DSCF6586.jpg

It's almost as if, because they weren't going for likeness, they didn't put much effort into the head at all.

Based on images, I think the face has potential with a good repaint, but the whole head will never look that great because of it's poor shape. You can see in this image here, they made from the bandana up way to small, he'd have to be a cone head to have a head of hair that small compared to the face below.

It's almost as if, because they weren't going for likeness, they didn't put much effort into the head at all.

You can just hide the bandanna with his hat, right?

Do you really think HT was lazy on this sculpt?

the sculpt was probably done about a year and a half ago. both he and dutch popped up in magazines about a year ago, but they changed and updated the dutch head with a more realistic head sculpt. billy's head is the same from those original magazine scans. you can tell its an old sculpt from the hair quality and paint detail.

I think this head can be repainted to look like Sonny/Billy quite well, despite some features being off the mark. Looks like the jaw needs to be more square, that I think would alter it enough to bare a better likeness. No doubt we'll be seeing reworks of this sculpt in time, that will really make the character come through.

The zipper pull handle is quite distracting, which might be possible to replace with a smaller sized one. Regardless, figure has potential and HT did a great job despite not having likeness rights.

I think people who pass on this figure will seriously kick themselves if they can't get it later. However I'm sure enough will still be available at normal retail, not to mention secondary market.

My way of thinking is the outfit looks to be a match for what Billy wore in the film - and if you paint his hair black and pose him staring into some imaginary trees with his back to you he'll be a spot-on Sonny Landham!

Well, it looks like the head's essentially done to work only with his hat. Jack Sparrow's head isn't reduced to accommodate his hat and there's a bandana, so I don't see why this couldn't be the same.

I genuinely think that because there were no likeness rights, this head didn't get the quality and attention one that has to meet licensing approval and likeness approval does. If Dutch's portrait is 100% effort, I'd say Billy looks about 75-80%. It looks like a head of quality you'd get back in the days of the ALIENS marines almost.

Back